|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(b) Is it now?
(d) Is your problem?
2. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
3. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
4. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
5. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) They're old friends.
(b) He's her husband.
(c) She's his lawyer.
(d) He's her son.
6. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) He's very ill.
(d) She was summoned.
7. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him to stay away.
(b) To tell him a rumor.
(c) To tell him a joke.
(d) Because the prisoner is being smart.
8. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(b) That he's mean.
(c) That it's cold.
(d) That the Old Woman can't understand.
9. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) They don't know.
(b) The big one on the leash.
(c) The little one in the cage.
(d) A wild one in the woods.
10. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They dim.
11. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
12. The officers are meant to represent:
(a) Poor people.
(b) The capital.
13. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(a) Enemies of the state.
(b) Useless criminals.
14. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's rich.
(b) Because he's not from the mountains.
(c) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(d) Because he's married.
15. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The officers.
(b) No one.
(c) The Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
2. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
3. What time is it in Act 1?
4. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
5. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)