|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
2. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) A tax collector.
(c) An old friend.
(d) His baby.
3. What can't the Old Woman do?
(b) Follow orders.
(c) Speak the official language.
4. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) There are no benches to sit on.
(b) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(c) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(d) The officers aren't being very nice.
5. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is getting sassy.
(b) She is speaking mountain language.
(c) She is telling her son how to escape.
(d) She 's cursing the capital.
6. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A Golden Retriever.
(b) A Dobermann Pinscher.
(c) A Poodle.
(d) A Pit Bull.
7. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they've traveled.
(b) Because they have magic powers.
(c) Because they're mean.
(d) Because they're from the mountains.
8. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
9. How many kids does the guard have?
10. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(b) They've been waiting a long time.
(c) There is nowhere to sit.
(d) Her husband refuses to see her.
11. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
(a) Little girl.
(b) Mountain person.
(c) Old Woman.
12. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She makes taunting noises.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She gives her name.
(d) She says she's already given it.
13. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He talked back to the guard.
(b) He's not very intelligent.
(c) He tells good jokes.
(d) He says ridiculous things.
14. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To leave.
(b) To stop flirting with the guards.
(c) To give him food.
(d) To speak the official language.
15. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(b) Because he's married.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's not from the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
3. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
4. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
5. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)