|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A question.
2. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(b) That he's mean.
(c) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(d) That it's cold.
3. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He talked back to the guard.
(b) He tells good jokes.
(c) He says ridiculous things.
(d) He's not very intelligent.
4. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(b) Because he's not from the mountains.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's married.
6. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
7. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they have magic powers.
(b) Because they're from the mountains.
(c) Because they're mean.
(d) Because they've traveled.
8. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She makes taunting noises.
(b) She gives her name.
(c) She gives a false name.
(d) She says she's already given it.
9. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
10. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The officers aren't being very nice.
(b) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(c) There are no benches to sit on.
(d) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
11. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) No one.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The officers.
12. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
13. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
14. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
15. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 7 AM.
(c) 9 AM.
(d) 5 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't the Old Woman do?
2. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
3. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
4. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
5. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)