|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
2. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(b) They've been falsely accused.
(c) For murder.
(d) For robbery.
3. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(b) Enemies of the state.
(c) Useless criminals.
4. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A basket.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A baby.
5. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
(a) The king.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The capital.
(d) A worker's union.
6. How many children does the prisoner have?
7. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) A tax collector.
(b) His baby.
(c) An old friend.
(d) The police.
8. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(b) There are no benches to sit on.
(c) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(d) The officers aren't being very nice.
9. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 7 AM.
(b) 9 AM.
(d) 5 PM.
10. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fork.
(d) A stick.
11. How many kids does the guard have?
12. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
(a) Through their minds.
(b) Morse code.
(c) In sign language.
(d) By voice-over.
13. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(c) A heart.
14. What language is outlawed?
(b) The capital's.
(d) Mountain language.
15. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
2. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
3. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
4. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)