|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
2. What can't the Old Woman do?
(b) Follow orders.
(c) Speak the official language.
3. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a joke.
(b) To tell him to stay away.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him a rumor.
4. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(d) A question.
5. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The Officer.
(d) A voice off-stage.
6. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To stop flirting with the guards.
(b) To give him food.
(c) To leave.
(d) To speak the official language.
7. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) No one.
(d) The officers.
8. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A tax collector.
(d) His baby.
9. The "official" language is spoken where?
(a) The capital.
10. What time is it in Act 1?
(a) 5 PM.
(c) 7 PM.
11. What language is outlawed?
(b) Mountain language.
(d) The capital's.
12. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
13. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He's not very intelligent.
(b) He says ridiculous things.
(c) He talked back to the guard.
(d) He tells good jokes.
14. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(d) A heart.
15. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they're mean.
(b) Because they have magic powers.
(c) Because they've traveled.
(d) Because they're from the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the prisoner have?
2. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
3. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
4. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)