|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
2. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) No one.
(d) The officers.
3. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(d) A heart.
4. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is not paying attention.
(d) She is stupid.
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
6. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is getting sassy.
(b) She is speaking mountain language.
(c) She is telling her son how to escape.
(d) She 's cursing the capital.
7. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The guard whispers.
(d) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
8. What can't the Old Woman do?
(c) Follow orders.
(d) Speak the official language.
9. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
(a) The capital's language.
(b) At all.
(c) Mountain Language.
10. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(b) 7 AM.
(c) 5 PM.
(d) 9 AM.
11. How many kids does the guard have?
12. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's not from the mountains.
(b) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(c) Because he's married.
(d) Because he's rich.
13. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A basket.
14. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The king.
(c) The capital.
(d) A worker's union.
15. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
3. What language is outlawed?
4. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
5. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)