|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(b) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(c) That he's mean.
(d) That it's cold.
2. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) A tax collector.
(c) His baby.
(d) An old friend.
3. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they have magic powers.
(b) Because they're from the mountains.
(c) Because they've traveled.
(d) Because they're mean.
4. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A basket.
(c) A dog.
(d) A child.
5. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) No one.
(c) The officers.
(d) The Old Woman.
6. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) A voice off-stage.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Sergeant.
7. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The guard whispers.
(d) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
8. What time is it in Act 1?
(b) 5 PM.
(d) 7 PM.
9. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's not from the mountains.
(b) Because he's married.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's a very serious criminal.
10. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
11. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A fork.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stick.
12. What can't the Old Woman do?
(a) Follow orders.
(d) Speak the official language.
13. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) No one.
(c) The Young Woman.
(d) The guard.
14. How many children does the prisoner have?
15. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(a) A dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
2. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
3. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
4. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)