|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) No one.
(b) The guard.
(c) The Prisoner.
(d) The Young Woman.
2. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She 's cursing the capital.
(b) She is telling her son how to escape.
(c) She is speaking mountain language.
(d) She is getting sassy.
3. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
(a) By voice-over.
(b) Through their minds.
(c) Morse code.
(d) In sign language.
4. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a rumor.
(b) To tell him a joke.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him to stay away.
5. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A question.
6. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
7. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(a) A dozen.
8. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(c) The guard is inarticulate.
(d) The guard whispers.
9. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) No one.
(c) The officers.
10. What language is outlawed?
(c) Mountain language.
(d) The capital's.
11. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(b) That he's mean.
(c) That it's cold.
(d) That the prisoner is treated badly.
12. How many children does the prisoner have?
13. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
14. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is not paying attention.
15. The "official" language is spoken where?
(c) The capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
2. How many kids does the guard have?
3. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
4. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
5. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)