Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The officers are meant to represent:
(a) Poor people.
(c) The capital.
2. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
3. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
(c) There is none.
(d) Very detailed.
4. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A question.
(c) A stomachache.
(d) A son.
5. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) They've been falsely accused.
(b) For robbery.
(d) For murder.
6. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
7. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) An old friend.
(c) A tax collector.
(d) His baby.
8. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(d) A question.
9. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To stop flirting with the guards.
(b) To leave.
(c) To speak the official language.
(d) To give him food.
10. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) A voice off-stage.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Sergeant.
11. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
12. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
13. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(c) A dozen.
14. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A basket.
(c) A dog.
(d) A baby.
15. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives her name.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She makes taunting noises.
(d) She says she's already given it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
2. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
3. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
4. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
5. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)