|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "official" language is spoken where?
(d) The capital.
2. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(c) Enemies of the state.
(d) Useless criminals.
3. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
4. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To give him food.
(b) To leave.
(c) To stop flirting with the guards.
(d) To speak the official language.
5. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 7 AM.
(c) 5 PM.
(d) 9 AM.
6. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The big one on the leash.
(b) A wild one in the woods.
(c) They don't know.
(d) The little one in the cage.
7. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(d) A question.
8. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) He's very ill.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) She was summoned.
9. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him to stay away.
(b) To tell him a rumor.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him a joke.
10. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(a) A heart.
11. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives her name.
(b) She says she's already given it.
(c) She makes taunting noises.
(d) She gives a false name.
12. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is not paying attention.
(d) She is stupid.
13. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) They're old friends.
(b) She's his lawyer.
(c) He's her husband.
(d) He's her son.
14. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(d) The guard whispers.
15. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) No one.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
2. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
3. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
4. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
5. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)