|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
2. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) No one.
(c) The Young Woman.
(d) The guard.
3. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
4. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A baby.
(b) Her own hand.
(c) A bag.
(d) An animal.
5. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That it's cold.
(b) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(c) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(d) That he's mean.
6. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives her name.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She says she's already given it.
(d) She makes taunting noises.
7. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) She is stupid.
(b) She is not paying attention.
(c) The guard is speaking softly.
(d) She is old.
8. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they're mean.
(b) Because they're from the mountains.
(c) Because they have magic powers.
(d) Because they've traveled.
9. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is telling her son how to escape.
(b) She 's cursing the capital.
(c) She is speaking mountain language.
(d) She is getting sassy.
10. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(b) Is it now?
(d) Is your problem?
11. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(a) Enemies of the state.
(c) Useless criminals.
12. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(d) A dozen.
13. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They are very tall.
(b) They hate their mothers.
(c) They hate the capital.
(d) They're both married.
14. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The little one in the cage.
(b) The big one on the leash.
(c) A wild one in the woods.
(d) They don't know.
15. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) The Old Woman.
(c) No one.
(d) The officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
2. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
3. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
4. How many children does the prisoner have?
5. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)