|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(a) A heart.
2. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A dog.
(b) A basket.
(c) A baby.
(d) A sleeping bag.
3. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
(a) Mountain Language.
(c) At all.
(d) The capital's language.
4. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(d) The guard whispers.
5. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The Sergeant's being mean to him.
(b) The women won't answer his question.
(c) It's cold.
(d) He didn't eat breakfast.
6. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) No one.
(d) The officers.
7. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They go off.
(c) They dim.
(d) They get brighter.
8. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
9. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
10. The officers are meant to represent:
(c) The capital.
(d) Poor people.
11. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She was summoned.
(d) He's very ill.
12. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A stick.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fork.
(d) A knife.
13. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A question.
(c) A son.
(d) A stomachache.
14. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) No one.
(c) The guard.
(d) The Young Woman.
15. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a joke.
(b) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(c) To tell him a rumor.
(d) To tell him to stay away.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "official" language is spoken where?
2. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
3. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
4. What can't the Old Woman do?
5. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)