|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) The officers.
(b) No one.
(d) The Old Woman.
2. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(b) There is nowhere to sit.
(c) They've been waiting a long time.
(d) Her husband refuses to see her.
3. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A stomachache.
(c) A son.
(d) A question.
4. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
(a) A worker's union.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The king.
(d) The capital.
6. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(b) A heart.
7. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She says she's already given it.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She gives her name.
(d) She makes taunting noises.
8. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They dim.
(c) They get brighter.
9. How many kids does the guard have?
10. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a joke.
(b) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(c) To tell him to stay away.
(d) To tell him a rumor.
11. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
12. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) She's his lawyer.
(b) They're old friends.
(c) He's her son.
(d) He's her husband.
13. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
14. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(b) A dozen.
15. How many children does the prisoner have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
2. The "official" language is spoken where?
3. What can't the Old Woman do?
4. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
5. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)