Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does the prisoner have?
2. What language is outlawed?
(a) The capital's.
(c) Mountain language.
3. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
4. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(b) To tell him a joke.
(c) To tell him to stay away.
(d) To tell him a rumor.
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's rich.
(b) Because he's married.
(c) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(d) Because he's not from the mountains.
6. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(a) Is your problem?
(b) Is it now?
7. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A question.
8. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To speak the official language.
(b) To give him food.
(c) To leave.
(d) To stop flirting with the guards.
9. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
10. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The guard whispers.
(d) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
11. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A baby.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A basket.
(d) A dog.
12. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A son.
(c) A question.
(d) A stomachache.
13. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(d) A heart.
14. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
(c) Very detailed.
(d) There is none.
15. The officers are meant to represent:
(b) The capital.
(c) Poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
2. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
3. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
4. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
5. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)