|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A stick.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fork.
(d) A knife.
2. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
3. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(d) A dozen.
4. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To give him food.
(b) To leave.
(c) To speak the official language.
(d) To stop flirting with the guards.
5. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He talked back to the guard.
(b) He tells good jokes.
(c) He's not very intelligent.
(d) He says ridiculous things.
6. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A dog.
(c) A basket.
(d) A baby.
7. What time is it in Act 1?
(b) 5 PM.
(c) 7 PM.
8. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 5 PM.
(b) 9 AM.
(c) 7 AM.
9. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(a) A heart.
10. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They hate their mothers.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They're both married.
(d) They hate the capital.
11. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
(b) Old Woman.
(c) Mountain person.
(d) Little girl.
12. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
13. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is telling her son how to escape.
(b) She is speaking mountain language.
(c) She is getting sassy.
(d) She 's cursing the capital.
14. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The women won't answer his question.
(b) The Sergeant's being mean to him.
(c) He didn't eat breakfast.
(d) It's cold.
15. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(b) They dim.
(c) They get brighter.
(d) They go off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
3. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
4. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)