|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they have magic powers.
(b) Because they've traveled.
(c) Because they're from the mountains.
(d) Because they're mean.
2. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The officers.
(c) No one.
(d) The Old Woman.
3. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
4. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives her name.
(b) She makes taunting noises.
(c) She gives a false name.
(d) She says she's already given it.
5. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a rumor.
(b) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(c) To tell him to stay away.
(d) To tell him a joke.
6. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
7. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(a) A dozen.
8. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
(b) There is none.
(d) Very detailed.
9. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A basket.
(d) A baby.
10. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
(a) Through their minds.
(b) By voice-over.
(c) In sign language.
(d) Morse code.
11. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
12. How many children does the prisoner have?
13. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
14. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) A voice off-stage.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Officer.
15. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) They're old friends.
(b) He's her son.
(c) She's his lawyer.
(d) He's her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
2. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
4. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)