|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "official" language is spoken where?
(a) The capital.
2. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They're both married.
(b) They hate their mothers.
(c) They are very tall.
(d) They hate the capital.
3. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a rumor.
(b) To tell him to stay away.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him a joke.
4. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A baby.
(c) A basket.
(d) A dog.
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's not from the mountains.
(b) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(c) Because he's married.
(d) Because he's rich.
6. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
(a) Mountain person.
(b) Old Woman.
(c) Little girl.
7. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He's not very intelligent.
(b) He talked back to the guard.
(c) He tells good jokes.
(d) He says ridiculous things.
8. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) She is not paying attention.
(b) She is old.
(c) The guard is speaking softly.
(d) She is stupid.
9. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
(b) The capital's language.
(c) Mountain Language.
(d) At all.
10. What language is outlawed?
(b) Mountain language.
(d) The capital's.
11. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(a) A heart.
12. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) They've been falsely accused.
(b) For robbery.
(d) For murder.
13. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
14. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To speak the official language.
(b) To leave.
(c) To stop flirting with the guards.
(d) To give him food.
15. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
(a) A worker's union.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The capital.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
2. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
3. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
4. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
5. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)