|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To leave.
(b) To speak the official language.
(c) To give him food.
(d) To stop flirting with the guards.
2. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
3. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) Her own hand.
(b) An animal.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bag.
5. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is getting sassy.
(b) She is telling her son how to escape.
(c) She 's cursing the capital.
(d) She is speaking mountain language.
6. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A stick.
7. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) He's very ill.
(c) She's bored.
(d) She was summoned.
8. The officers are meant to represent:
(c) The capital.
(d) Poor people.
9. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
10. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
(a) There is none.
(b) Very detailed.
11. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(a) Is it now?
(d) Is your problem?
12. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) He's her husband.
(b) They're old friends.
(c) He's her son.
(d) She's his lawyer.
13. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
14. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The big one on the leash.
(b) The little one in the cage.
(c) A wild one in the woods.
(d) They don't know.
15. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) A voice off-stage.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
2. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
3. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
4. How many children does the prisoner have?
5. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)