|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A question.
2. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a joke.
(b) To tell him a rumor.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him to stay away.
3. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) Her husband refuses to see her.
(b) There is nowhere to sit.
(c) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(d) They've been waiting a long time.
4. The "official" language is spoken where?
(a) The capital.
5. What language is outlawed?
(a) Mountain language.
(b) The capital's.
6. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Young Woman.
(b) The Prisoner.
(c) The guard.
(d) No one.
7. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) No one.
(d) The officers.
8. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They get brighter.
(d) They dim.
9. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
(a) Morse code.
(b) In sign language.
(c) By voice-over.
(d) Through their minds.
10. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
11. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is not paying attention.
(c) She is stupid.
(d) She is old.
12. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) Her own hand.
(b) An animal.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bag.
13. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they have magic powers.
(b) Because they've traveled.
(c) Because they're from the mountains.
(d) Because they're mean.
14. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
15. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
2. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
3. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
4. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
5. The officers are meant to represent:
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)