|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A question.
2. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The officers aren't being very nice.
(b) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(c) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(d) There are no benches to sit on.
3. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(a) A heart.
4. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
5. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) A tax collector.
(c) An old friend.
(d) His baby.
6. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) They don't speak the same language.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The guard whispers.
(d) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
7. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(b) They dim.
(c) They go off.
(d) They get brighter.
8. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
9. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
10. The "official" language is spoken where?
(a) The capital.
11. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) For murder.
(b) For robbery.
(d) They've been falsely accused.
12. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) He's her husband.
(b) She's his lawyer.
(c) He's her son.
(d) They're old friends.
13. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
(b) Little girl.
(c) Mountain person.
(d) Old Woman.
14. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) There is nowhere to sit.
(b) Her husband refuses to see her.
(c) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(d) They've been waiting a long time.
15. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) They don't know.
(b) A wild one in the woods.
(c) The big one on the leash.
(d) The little one in the cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
2. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
3. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
4. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
5. What language is outlawed?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)