|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does the guard have?
2. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(b) To tell him a joke.
(c) To tell him to stay away.
(d) To tell him a rumor.
3. What can't the Old Woman do?
(b) Speak the official language.
(c) Follow orders.
4. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(b) 5 PM.
(c) 7 AM.
(d) 9 AM.
5. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) The officers.
(d) No one.
6. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(c) Useless criminals.
(d) Enemies of the state.
7. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
8. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
(a) A worker's union.
(b) The capital.
(c) The Sergeant.
(d) The king.
9. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
10. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The little one in the cage.
(b) A wild one in the woods.
(c) The big one on the leash.
(d) They don't know.
11. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) She was summoned.
(d) He's very ill.
12. How many children does the prisoner have?
13. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is telling her son how to escape.
(b) She 's cursing the capital.
(c) She is getting sassy.
(d) She is speaking mountain language.
14. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) His baby.
(b) The police.
(c) A tax collector.
(d) An old friend.
15. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) There are no benches to sit on.
(b) The officers aren't being very nice.
(c) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(d) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
2. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
3. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)