|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it in Act 1?
(a) 7 PM.
(c) 5 PM.
2. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The officers aren't being very nice.
(b) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(c) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(d) There are no benches to sit on.
3. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A Golden Retriever.
(b) A Dobermann Pinscher.
(c) A Pit Bull.
(d) A Poodle.
4. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
(a) Mountain Language.
(b) The capital's language.
(c) At all.
5. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He's not very intelligent.
(b) He talked back to the guard.
(c) He says ridiculous things.
(d) He tells good jokes.
6. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
7. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) No one.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The officers.
8. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
9. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
10. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They're both married.
(b) They hate their mothers.
(c) They hate the capital.
(d) They are very tall.
11. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
12. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 5 PM.
(c) 9 AM.
(d) 7 AM.
13. The "official" language is spoken where?
(b) The capital.
14. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives a false name.
(b) She makes taunting noises.
(c) She gives her name.
(d) She says she's already given it.
15. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The little one in the cage.
(b) They don't know.
(c) The big one on the leash.
(d) A wild one in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
2. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
3. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
5. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)