|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) He's very ill.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She was summoned.
(d) She wants a divorce.
2. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A Dobermann Pinscher.
(b) A Pit Bull.
(c) A Poodle.
(d) A Golden Retriever.
3. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) A tax collector.
(b) An old friend.
(c) His baby.
(d) The police.
4. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) For murder.
(c) They've been falsely accused.
(d) For robbery.
5. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is not paying attention.
(d) She is old.
6. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(b) A dozen.
7. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) The big one on the leash.
(b) The little one in the cage.
(c) A wild one in the woods.
(d) They don't know.
8. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a joke.
(b) To tell him a rumor.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him to stay away.
9. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
10. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
11. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(b) They dim.
(c) They go off.
12. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
13. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(b) The officers aren't being very nice.
(c) There are no benches to sit on.
(d) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
14. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A basket.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A baby.
15. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
(b) There is none.
(d) Very detailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
2. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
3. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
4. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
5. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)