|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How many kids does the guard have?
3. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
4. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A dog.
(c) A child.
5. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A question.
6. What can't the Old Woman do?
(a) Follow orders.
(d) Speak the official language.
7. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
8. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is not paying attention.
(d) She is stupid.
9. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is telling her son how to escape.
(b) She is speaking mountain language.
(c) She 's cursing the capital.
(d) She is getting sassy.
10. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They're both married.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They hate their mothers.
(d) They hate the capital.
11. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(c) A dozen.
12. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) No one.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The officers.
13. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That he's mean.
(b) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(c) That it's cold.
(d) That the Old Woman can't understand.
14. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they're from the mountains.
(b) Because they're mean.
(c) Because they've traveled.
(d) Because they have magic powers.
15. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(a) 7 AM.
(c) 9 AM.
(d) 5 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
2. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
3. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
4. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
5. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)