|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
(a) Because they're from the mountains.
(b) Because they're mean.
(c) Because they have magic powers.
(d) Because they've traveled.
2. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) Her husband refuses to see her.
(b) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(c) There is nowhere to sit.
(d) They've been waiting a long time.
3. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(c) They go off.
(d) They dim.
4. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A wild one in the woods.
(b) The little one in the cage.
(c) The big one on the leash.
(d) They don't know.
5. The "official" language is spoken where?
(a) The capital.
6. How many children does the prisoner have?
7. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
8. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) She's his lawyer.
(b) They're old friends.
(c) He's her husband.
(d) He's her son.
9. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fork.
(d) A stick.
11. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A question.
(b) A stomachache.
(d) A son.
12. How many kids does the guard have?
13. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) He didn't eat breakfast.
(b) It's cold.
(c) The women won't answer his question.
(d) The Sergeant's being mean to him.
14. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(b) Because he's married.
(c) Because he's rich.
(d) Because he's not from the mountains.
15. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
(b) There are no benches to sit on.
(c) The officers aren't being very nice.
(d) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
2. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
3. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
4. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
5. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)