|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, A Prison Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She's bored.
(c) He's very ill.
(d) She was summoned.
2. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
3. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) They've been waiting a long time.
(b) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(c) Her husband refuses to see her.
(d) There is nowhere to sit.
4. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) A voice off-stage.
(d) The Officer.
5. What language is outlawed?
(b) The capital's.
(d) Mountain language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
2. The "official" language is spoken where?
3. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
4. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
5. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)