|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, A Prison Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's married.
(b) Because he's rich.
(c) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(d) Because he's not from the mountains.
2. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The women won't answer his question.
(b) He didn't eat breakfast.
(c) It's cold.
(d) The Sergeant's being mean to him.
3. What language is outlawed?
(c) The capital's.
(d) Mountain language.
4. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A Dobermann Pinscher.
(b) A Pit Bull.
(c) A Poodle.
(d) A Golden Retriever.
5. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) No one.
(c) The officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
2. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
3. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
4. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)