|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Visitors Room.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to get her husband released.
(b) How to find a lawyer.
(c) How life is in the prison.
(d) How to file a complaint.
2. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) New York.
(b) My hometown.
(c) The movies.
(d) The prison.
3. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
4. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He says ridiculous things.
(b) He tells good jokes.
(c) He talked back to the guard.
(d) He's not very intelligent.
5. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) For murder.
(b) For robbery.
(c) They've been falsely accused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
3. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
4. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
5. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)