|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Visitors Room.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) The guard is inarticulate.
(b) They don't speak the same language.
(c) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(d) The guard whispers.
2. What time is it in Act 1?
(b) 5 PM.
(d) 7 PM.
3. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A basket.
(b) A dog.
(d) A child.
4. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That he's mean.
(b) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(c) That it's cold.
(d) That the prisoner is treated badly.
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's married.
(b) Because he's not from the mountains.
(c) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(d) Because he's rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
2. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
3. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
4. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
5. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)