* Act 1 is set outside a prison. There is no set description. The only characters present are the Young Woman, the Old Woman, the Officer, and the Sergeant.
* The Old Woman never speaks, and the Young Woman speaks for her.
* The women want to complain that a guard dog has bitten the Old Woman, but they don't know which one.
* The Officer gives an absurd rule that dogs must state their names before biting or they will be punished.
* The Young Woman complains that they have been waiting in the snow since 9 Am (it's now 5 PM) because they were ordered to arrive to see their husbands.
* The Officer and Sergeant sexually harass the Young Woman and degrade the women's husbands and mountain people.
* The officers explain that mountain language is outlawed and they must speak the language of the capital.
* The Young Woman is not...
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)