|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does General Harrington offer him for his vial of X-FLU?
2. What happens to the virus?
3. Where does Nye stop?
4. What did Dr. Burt tell Amiko he did in his diary?
5. What do weekly physicals reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carson manage to get the better of Nye on several different occasions?
2. What do Carson and de Vaca discover when they return to the lab?
3. What does Brent tell Levine when Levine begs him not to let the army have the virus?
4. When Brent loses this time, how does he respond? How is his response similar to how Levine felt when he lost the first time?
5. Mime agrees to help Levine get access to GeneDyne but refuses to do so in person. Why?
6. What is the game that Brent and Charles play and how is it won?
7. What does Carson find in Nye's saddlebags, and what mystery does this clear up?
8. What does Levine do while he is in the elevator, stuck between two floors?
9. What is Nye's relationship to the voice he hears, and how is this significant?
10. What does Guy see that leads him to realize that there is a widespread problem with PurBlood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dr. Levine reveal to his audience after finishing a lecture at Harvard? Why is the issue so controversial? What was the basis for the accident in Novo-Druzhina and why was it so frightening? What is so explosive about the satellite footage that the Soviet's would rather it not be divulged? Why has nothing been done to correct the issue to date? How does that impact Levine's attitude towards gene testing?
Essay Topic 2
What are the details of the lawsuit filed against Dr. Levine by GeneDyne? How does Levine believe the lawsuit is linked to his patent with Brent Scopes? What is the issue that surrounds the current renewal that is pending? Why is it unlikely that the two former friends will be unable to come to an agreement regarding the patents renewal?
Essay Topic 3
What patent does Charles Levine refuse to renew with Brent Scopes? What is so special about this patent? Why is Charles so dead set against renewal of this patent when he coauthored it to begin with? What were the circumstances that led to his releasing the patent to Scopes the first time? What irony has them repeating the same circumstances so many years later for basically the same reason? What did Charles want to do with their discovery in the beginning and why is it ironic that Brent Scopes is considered to be a philanthropist?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)