|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else becomes exposed in the confusion and struggle that follows?
2. What is the name of the OHSA inspector?
3. What do Nye and Teece both do before the interview commences?
4. What is the name of the annual picnic?
5. Who is the media consultant who keeps trying to talk to Levine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gil Teece do when he arrives?
2. How does Brent feel about Rodney?
3. What is the protocol that is followed when a breach of this kind occurs?
4. Why is Guy Carson excited to be given the opportunity to work at Mount Dragon?
5. What happens to Vanderwagon at dinner?
6. What does Susana discover about the Fever Tank?
7. What is Brandon-Smith's problem with how Guy is handling the research he is doing?
8. What mistake does Carson make on his first day?
9. What does Nye do that upsets Carson and how does Carson deal with it?
10. Dr. Levine's surprise guests have a serious message. Who are they and what is their message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dr. Levine reveal to his audience after finishing a lecture at Harvard? Why is the issue so controversial? What was the basis for the accident in Novo-Druzhina and why was it so frightening? What is so explosive about the satellite footage that the Soviet's would rather it not be divulged? Why has nothing been done to correct the issue to date? How does that impact Levine's attitude towards gene testing?
Essay Topic 2
What resources does Brent Scopes avail himself of to discredit Levine when he is bringing the events of Rosalind's death to light? How does Brent use these resources to undermine the credibility of Levine so that he is not taken as seriously? What effect does this counter attack have on Levine? How does this counter attack resemble the methods used by political sides seeking to gain advantage in the polls or over opponents?
Essay Topic 3
What does Carson discover on his computer from Levine and who is responsible for getting it there? Why does it rattle Guy. What are the dangers should anyone discover this? Why can't Carson just ignore it? If he could, would he? Why or why not? Why did Levine target Carson as his recipient to begin with? Is there anyone else this might have worked with? If so, who, and if not, why not?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)