|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carson see in the desert?
2. What does Levine refuse to do?
3. Who delivers the new vaccine to the chimpanzees?
4. What does Singer call Nye?
5. How many chimpanzees does Rodney have in cages when he talks to Brent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nye do that upsets Carson and how does Carson deal with it?
2. What does Susana discover about the Fever Tank?
3. Who assumes control after Rosalind is exposed and why?
4. What is Singer's response to the formal complaint filed by Rosalind against Guy?
5. What does Carson see Nye doing and what is suspicious about his behavior?
6. What happens to Vanderwagon at dinner?
7. What mistake does Carson make on his first day?
8. What does Gil Teece do when he arrives?
9. What is Rosalind's behavior like when she is scratched? How does that affect Roger?
10. Who does Carson run into when he climbs the cylinder that Mount Dragon is named for, and what is revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What patent does Charles Levine refuse to renew with Brent Scopes? What is so special about this patent? Why is Charles so dead set against renewal of this patent when he coauthored it to begin with? What were the circumstances that led to his releasing the patent to Scopes the first time? What irony has them repeating the same circumstances so many years later for basically the same reason? What did Charles want to do with their discovery in the beginning and why is it ironic that Brent Scopes is considered to be a philanthropist?
Essay Topic 2
What prompts Susana to visit with Pavel? She goes there in the hopes that he can fix a problem for her, and in the process learns about something that will become a turning point for her. What does she learn, and how does she employ it later? Why isn't this common knowledge? If the company saw no need for this feature, why didn't they disconnect it entirely? Is there a chance that the company understood the risks of the research they were doing and if so, why would they have kept it a secret?
Essay Topic 3
When Mime and Charles enter Brent's personal cyberspace, how does Brent refer to this intrusion? What makes him believe that this is really the case? What is the motive Charles has for approaching Brent in this manner? What information is he trying to convey? In light of the recent events, is there another way that Charles could have approached Brent, and if so, what is it? What is Brent's reaction when Charles delivers his message and warnings?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)