|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets their suit torn in the zoo by a chimpanzee?
2. What is another name for the Biosafety Level 5 Laboratory?
3. How much is the donation made in Muriel Page's name to the mission?
4. Who does Carson see in the desert?
5. What does Guy tell Singer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who assumes control after Rosalind is exposed and why?
2. What happens to Vanderwagon at dinner?
3. What background about Levine and Scopes does Singer share with Carson?
4. Why does Levine so adamantly refuse to renew the patent he and Brent co-author?
5. What does Susana discover about the Fever Tank?
6. What frustrates Levine when he is met by reporters at the Ritz Carlton?
7. What is Rosalind's behavior like when she is scratched? How does that affect Roger?
8. What is Brandon-Smith's problem with how Guy is handling the research he is doing?
9. How does Levine manage to ensure the truth is revealed without actually revealing it himself?
10. What does Nye do that upsets Carson and how does Carson deal with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brent Scopes is attempting to negotiate a sale with the Army and General Harrington specifically. What is he trying to sell? What prompted him to sell this item now instead of continuing with the research and pursuing its original design? Why is he convinced that the sale of this item would be harmless despite its obvious risk factors? How does he justify his behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Where do Guy and Susana go in the autumn? What is significant about this trip? When they stop at Mount Dragon, their conversation surrounds their colleagues. What does Guy reveal to Susana regarding the PurBlood test group? How does she react to his expression of empathy? What is their destination? Why does Susana urge Guy to take this trip? What is it that is so important to her?
Essay Topic 3
What does Carson discover on his computer from Levine and who is responsible for getting it there? Why does it rattle Guy. What are the dangers should anyone discover this? Why can't Carson just ignore it? If he could, would he? Why or why not? Why did Levine target Carson as his recipient to begin with? Is there anyone else this might have worked with? If so, who, and if not, why not?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)