|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nye hear?
(a) An engine.
(b) An owl.
(c) A voice taunting him.
(d) A lady crying.
2. Who is the boy that Nye is talking to?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His dead brother.
(d) His cousin.
3. Where does Levine find himself when he enters Brent's office in cyberspace?
(a) GeneDyne's headquarters in Boston.
(b) Mount Dragon.
(c) Monhegan Island, Maine.
(d) Back where he started from.
4. How much does General Harrington offer him for his vial of X-FLU?
(a) Two Billion.
(b) Five Billion.
(d) Four Billion.
5. What is Brent using as passwords in cyberspace?
(a) Places that he has visited.
(b) Quotes from various authors.
(c) Dates that are important to him.
(d) Names of family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susana use as a tourniquet?
2. What can Mime lose that would cause him to lose his will to live?
3. How deep is the pool of water?
4. What does Levine discover when he enters the first command to his laptop?
5. What do they realize they need to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Carson and de Vaca discover when they return to the lab?
2. How does Susana save Carson from death and both of them from Nye?
3. What does Brent tell Levine when Levine begs him not to let the army have the virus?
4. What does Levine do while he is in the elevator, stuck between two floors?
5. In what ways does Levine underestimate Scopes?
6. What does Nye do to try to stop them?
7. What important discovery do Carson and de Vaca make when they find Dr. Burt's missing notebook?
8. How does Carson manage to get the better of Nye on several different occasions?
9. What leads Levine to the conclusion that he has little left to lose?
10. What skills does Carson use to evade Nye and keep himself and de Vaca alive?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)