|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susana ask for in return?
(a) A loaded rifle, Muerto and half the treasure.
(b) A loaded rifle and a map.
(c) A loaded rifle, Muerto and a canteen
(d) An unloaded rifle, Muerto and a canteen of water.
2. How do Carson and de Vaca escape Marr in the Fever Tank?
(a) By hiding.
(b) By knocking Marr out.
(c) By holding their breath.
(d) By releasing infected Chimps behind them.
3. What happens to the virus?
(a) It is taken by Levine.
(b) It is put in the safe by Brent.
(c) It breaks, cutting them both.
(d) It is destroyed.
4. When Carson asks who he is talking to, what happens?
(a) The facility closes.
(b) The alarm sounds and the screen dissolves.
(c) The doors seal.
(d) The computer crashes.
5. Where does Nye stop?
(a) Lava Gate.
(b) Mondragon's cave.
(c) Cinder cone.
(d) Watering hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Burt's last entry imply?
2. What notification does Levine get that surprises him?
3. What is Brent wearing when Levine finds him?
4. What does Carson realize in Singer's office?
5. How does Carson actually find the watering hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Levine to the conclusion that he has little left to lose?
2. What does Carson realize when he goes to Singer's office?
3. When Brent loses this time, how does he respond? How is his response similar to how Levine felt when he lost the first time?
4. In what ways does Levine underestimate Scopes?
5. How does Carson finally manage to find the watering hole?
6. What does Susana convince Guy has to be done before they escape?
7. What is the reason that Brent gives a rare interview to the Boston Globe reporter?
8. What does Carson find in Nye's saddlebags, and what mystery does this clear up?
9. What skills does Carson use to evade Nye and keep himself and de Vaca alive?
10. What does Levine do while he is in the elevator, stuck between two floors?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)