|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nye track Carson and de Vaca across the lava field?
(a) By sight.
(b) By sense of smell.
(c) By sound.
(d) Scuff marks on the rocks.
2. What does Nye hear?
(a) An owl.
(b) An engine.
(c) A voice taunting him.
(d) A lady crying.
3. How long does he give General Harrington and the army to come up with it?
(a) Twenty four hours.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Thirty six hours.
(d) Six hours.
4. What does Carson do to the rattler to make it more dangerous?
(a) He irritates it.
(b) He pokes it with a stick.
(c) He makes noise.
(d) He cuts off the rattles.
5. Where does Levine find himself when he enters Brent's office in cyberspace?
(a) GeneDyne's headquarters in Boston.
(b) Monhegan Island, Maine.
(c) Back where he started from.
(d) Mount Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levine do as the guards arrive at the elevator?
2. What does Carson realize in Singer's office?
3. Where does Levine finally find Brent?
4. How does Carson get de Vaca to meet him in the library?
5. Where does help come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Brent is disappointed and confused. Why?
2. What skills does Carson use to evade Nye and keep himself and de Vaca alive?
3. How does Carson manage to get the better of Nye on several different occasions?
4. What does Guy see that leads him to realize that there is a widespread problem with PurBlood?
5. What leads Levine to the conclusion that he has little left to lose?
6. What does Carson realize when he goes to Singer's office?
7. What is Nye's relationship to the voice he hears, and how is this significant?
8. How does Nye realize he must go after Carson and de Vaca, and what is his undoing?
9. What does Nye do to try to stop them?
10. What is the last thing Charles does as the guards arrive at the elevator and why?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)