|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are disputes resolved in the game that Brent and Charles play?
(a) By random call.
(b) By computer.
(c) By challenge.
(d) By encyclopedia.
2. How do Carson and de Vaca elude Nye again?
(a) By making false tracks.
(b) By removing the horse's shoes.
(c) By circling around him.
(d) By hiding.
3. How does Brent refer to himself?
(a) As a chief.
(b) As a king.
(c) As a wizard.
(d) As a God.
4. What did Dr. Burt tell Amiko he did in his diary?
(a) Infused himself with PurBlood.
(b) Gave himself X-FLU.
(c) Falsified his findings.
(d) Lied in his reports.
5. Where does Nye stop?
(a) Mondragon's cave.
(b) Lava Gate.
(c) Cinder cone.
(d) Watering hole.
6. Who does Nye reveal he is talking to?
(a) His father.
(c) Jonathan Nye
(d) His cousin.
7. Where does Levine hide as he roams the cyber and cypher spaces?
(a) An empty office.
(b) A storage room.
(c) An elevator between floors.
(d) A utility closet.
8. How does Carson believe he can find the watering hole?
(a) By following the coyotes as they call to it.
(b) By tracking animals.
(c) By following Nye.
(d) By waiting until it's cooler and easier to travel.
9. What happens to the patent for the Anasazi corn?
(a) They donate it to the company.
(b) They give it to the world.
(c) They lock it in the safe.
(d) The will it to a charity.
10. What does Nye hear?
(a) An engine.
(b) A voice taunting him.
(c) An owl.
(d) A lady crying.
11. What confession does Brent make to the reporter?
(a) That they are working on a cure for the common flu.
(b) That he is sick.
(c) That he is broke.
(d) That he lied.
12. How is the game won?
(a) Levine challenges Brent and is right.
(b) Brent challenges Levine and is right.
(c) They cannot resolve a dispute.
(d) They call a draw.
13. What does Scopes use as his passwords?
(a) Names of his family members.
(b) Quotations he knows by heart.
(c) Employee descriptions.
(d) Favorite pets.
14. Who does de Vaca think Dr. Burt is referring to when he exclaimed "poor Alpha"?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His lab assistant.
(c) His wife.
15. How far can Phido go?
(a) To the front door of GeneDyne Boston.
(c) Nowhere, he is stationary.
(d) To the entrance to Cypherspace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brent's last request of Charles?
2. What do they realize they need to do?
3. What excuse does he use to gain access to the computers?
4. Where do Carson and de Vaca go on horseback?
5. What does Carson use to replace electrolytes?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)