|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nye's first bullet go?
(a) Into Susana's horse.
(b) Into Guy's upper arm.
(c) Into Susana's leg.
(d) Into Guy's horse.
2. How does Mime manage to get Levine into GeneDyne's headquarters in Boston?
(a) As a hydro employee.
(b) As a T1 technician for the phone company.
(c) As a video computer tech.
(d) As an inspector of health.
3. Who does de Vaca think Dr. Burt is referring to when he exclaimed "poor Alpha"?
(a) His lab assistant.
(b) His wife.
(d) His doctor.
4. How does Nye follow them after the hummers can't?
(a) On foot.
(b) On Muerto.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) On motorcycle.
5. What confession does Brent make to the reporter?
(a) That they are working on a cure for the common flu.
(b) That he is broke.
(c) That he lied.
(d) That he is sick.
6. What help routine gets Levine through Cyberspace?
(a) Phido (Fido).
(d) Fur Ball.
7. What are they looking for?
(a) A subterranian kiva.
(b) A lava cave.
(c) A mine shaft.
(d) A lava tube.
8. What do they realize they need to do?
(a) Confront Scopes.
(b) Leave the facility.
(c) Retest PurBlood.
(d) Confront Singer.
9. How do Carson and de Vaca escape Marr in the Fever Tank?
(a) By releasing infected Chimps behind them.
(b) By holding their breath.
(c) By knocking Marr out.
(d) By hiding.
10. How do Carson and de Vaca elude Nye again?
(a) By removing the horse's shoes.
(b) By hiding.
(c) By making false tracks.
(d) By circling around him.
11. How does he stop Roscoe from drinking?
(a) Pulls his reins.
(b) Pulls his tail.
(c) Smacks his muzzle.
(d) Pushes him away.
12. What does Levine do as the guards arrive at the elevator?
(a) Threatens them.
(b) Stands up and gets ready to fight.
(c) Shuts off his computer to isolate Mime.
(d) Surrenders peacefully.
13. How does Carson actually find the watering hole?
(a) By giving Roscoe his head.
(b) By finding the coyotes.
(c) By following the buzzards.
(d) By letting Susana look for it.
14. How does Carson know Nye is near?
(a) He has a premonition.
(b) A voice warns him.
(c) He smells Muerto.
(d) He hears him moving.
15. What does Nye decide to do about Carson and de Vaca?
(a) Chase them harder.
(b) Set traps for them.
(c) Ambush them at the pass.
(d) Leave them be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the circling vultures mean to Carson?
2. What does Carson reveal to de Vaca?
3. How do they ensure humane death?
4. What does Carson use to replace electrolytes?
5. What does he threaten to do to Levine?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)