|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carson asks who he is talking to, what happens?
(a) The doors seal.
(b) The alarm sounds and the screen dissolves.
(c) The facility closes.
(d) The computer crashes.
2. What did Dr. Burt tell Amiko he did in his diary?
(a) Infused himself with PurBlood.
(b) Falsified his findings.
(c) Gave himself X-FLU.
(d) Lied in his reports.
3. What does he threaten to do to Levine?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Smother him.
(c) Tie him up.
(d) Shoot him.
4. What does Levine do as the guards arrive at the elevator?
(a) Stands up and gets ready to fight.
(b) Shuts off his computer to isolate Mime.
(c) Threatens them.
(d) Surrenders peacefully.
5. What does Susana use to bargain for their lives?
(a) Sexual favors.
(b) The map from the saddlebags.
(c) A PurBlood antidote.
(d) The location of the treasure.
6. What is Brent using as passwords in cyberspace?
(a) Quotes from various authors.
(b) Dates that are important to him.
(c) Places that he has visited.
(d) Names of family members.
7. How is the game won?
(a) Levine challenges Brent and is right.
(b) They call a draw.
(c) Brent challenges Levine and is right.
(d) They cannot resolve a dispute.
8. Where is the access to Brent's personal cypherspace?
(a) The conference room.
(b) The help desk in the lobby.
(c) His office on the sixtieth floor.
(d) The computer room.
9. What does Dr. Burt's last entry imply?
(a) That he is coming home.
(b) That he is sick.
(c) That he is becoming paranoid.
(d) That he is succeeding.
10. What is Brent wearing when Levine finds him?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A robe like a wizard would wear.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A suit and tie.
11. What amount does Brent counter with?
(a) Six Billion.
(b) Three Billion.
(c) Five Billion.
(d) Four Billion.
12. What does Levine learn about Mime?
(a) He is selfish.
(b) He is unwilling to help.
(c) He is a thalidomide baby.
(d) He is paranoid.
13. What is Brent's last request of Charles?
(a) That he forgive him.
(b) That he not die alone.
(c) That he play one last game.
(d) That he join him in his Cypherspace.
14. How does Nye follow them after the hummers can't?
(a) On Muerto.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) On foot.
(d) On motorcycle.
15. What does Carson do to the rattler to make it more dangerous?
(a) He pokes it with a stick.
(b) He irritates it.
(c) He cuts off the rattles.
(d) He makes noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy confirm for Nye?
2. What does Carson find and cook for them?
3. What does Susana use as a tourniquet?
4. How does Carson respond?
5. What help routine gets Levine through Cyberspace?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)