|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
2. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
3. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
4. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
5. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions of the climax of The Mound Builders. What is the definition of "Climax?" How do these events affect the legacy of the main character?
Essay Topic 3
What does the discovery of the God-King mean to August? What does it mean to Dan? What does it mean to Chad? How is this discovery important to the plot of The Mound Builders?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)