|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
2. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
3. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
4. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
5. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Delia in The Mound Builders. What is her purpose to the plot of the story? What does she know about the actions in the play that the other characters are not aware of?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)