|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
2. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
3. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
4. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
5. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Chinese proverb "When someone saves a man from drowning, he is responsible for him the rest of his life." What does this refer to in the play? What does it foreshadow?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "Theme." How does the theme of Legacy play out in The Mound Builders? What is August's legacy?
Essay Topic 3
Give the characteristics of a Tragic Hero. How is August the Tragic Hero of The Mound Builders? What characteristics does he share with the ancient Greek idea of Tragic Hero?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)