|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
2. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
3. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
4. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
5. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character of Delia in The Mound Builders. What is her purpose to the plot of the story? What does she know about the actions in the play that the other characters are not aware of?
Essay Topic 2
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)