|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
2. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
3. What is the last image we see in the play?
4. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
5. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "Theme." How does the theme of Legacy play out in The Mound Builders? What is August's legacy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the metaphor of the Chinese Puzzle Box as it relates to Delia's novel and to the play. How does it reflect the excavation? How does it reflect August? What is found in the last box?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)