|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
2. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
3. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
4. What is the last image we see in the play?
5. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
Essay Topic 1
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of the ancient civilization being discovered in The Mound Builders. How do these characteristics relate to the characteristics of the characters within the play?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)