|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
2. Why do Dan and August leave to go back to the dig site at the end of Act 2 Part 1?
3. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
4. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
5. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lanford Wilson choose to set this play in two different times and places? What effect does this acheive? How does this choice relate to the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between August and Delia. How long have these characters known one another? What are their feelings toward each other? How do they act on those feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of the ancient civilization being discovered in The Mound Builders. How do these characteristics relate to the characteristics of the characters within the play?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)