|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
2. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
3. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
4. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
5. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does the building of the dam signify in The Mound Builders? How does water, rain, and flooding tie into the play both literally and metaphorically?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)