|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
2. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
3. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
4. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
5. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions of the climax of The Mound Builders. What is the definition of "Climax?" How do these events affect the legacy of the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Jean and Delia. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)