|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persistently chases after Jean in Act 2, despite her protestations?
2. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
4. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
5. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the building of the dam signify in The Mound Builders? How does water, rain, and flooding tie into the play both literally and metaphorically?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Jean and Delia. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)