|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
2. What class, or caste of people could marry anyone within the ancient caste system?
3. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
4. What is the last image we see in the play?
5. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Jean and Delia. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "Theme." How does the theme of Legacy play out in The Mound Builders? What is August's legacy?
Essay Topic 3
Give the characteristics of a Tragic Hero. How is August the Tragic Hero of The Mound Builders? What characteristics does he share with the ancient Greek idea of Tragic Hero?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)