|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
2. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
3. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
4. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
5. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the actions of the climax of The Mound Builders. What is the definition of "Climax?" How do these events affect the legacy of the main character?
Essay Topic 2
What does the discovery of the God-King mean to August? What does it mean to Dan? What does it mean to Chad? How is this discovery important to the plot of The Mound Builders?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)