|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
2. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
3. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
4. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
5. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the discovery of the God-King mean to August? What does it mean to Dan? What does it mean to Chad? How is this discovery important to the plot of The Mound Builders?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Delia in The Mound Builders. What is her purpose to the plot of the story? What does she know about the actions in the play that the other characters are not aware of?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)