|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
2. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
3. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
4. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
5. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the discovery of the God-King mean to August? What does it mean to Dan? What does it mean to Chad? How is this discovery important to the plot of The Mound Builders?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions of the climax of The Mound Builders. What is the definition of "Climax?" How do these events affect the legacy of the main character?
Essay Topic 3
Give the characteristics of a Tragic Hero. How is August the Tragic Hero of The Mound Builders? What characteristics does he share with the ancient Greek idea of Tragic Hero?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)