|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image we see in the play?
2. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
3. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
4. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
5. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characteristics of the ancient civilization being discovered in The Mound Builders. How do these characteristics relate to the characteristics of the characters within the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)