Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
2. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
3. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
4. What is the last image we see in the play?
5. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
Discuss the metaphor of the Chinese Puzzle Box as it relates to Delia's novel and to the play. How does it reflect the excavation? How does it reflect August? What is found in the last box?
What does the building of the dam signify in The Mound Builders? How does water, rain, and flooding tie into the play both literally and metaphorically?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)