|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image we see in the play?
2. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
3. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
4. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
5. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
Essay Topic 1
Define the term "Theme." How does the theme of Legacy play out in The Mound Builders? What is August's legacy?
Essay Topic 2
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)