|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
3. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
4. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
5. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term "motif." What is the motif in The Mound Builders? How does this motif relate to the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between August and Delia. How long have these characters known one another? What are their feelings toward each other? How do they act on those feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character of Delia in The Mound Builders. What is her purpose to the plot of the story? What does she know about the actions in the play that the other characters are not aware of?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)