|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
2. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
3. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
4. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
5. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Chinese proverb "When someone saves a man from drowning, he is responsible for him the rest of his life." What does this refer to in the play? What does it foreshadow?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between August and Delia. How long have these characters known one another? What are their feelings toward each other? How do they act on those feelings?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)