|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
2. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
4. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
5. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the building of the dam signify in The Mound Builders? How does water, rain, and flooding tie into the play both literally and metaphorically?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the web of inter-tangled relationships in The Mound Builders. How do these relationships relate to one another? How does the unraveling of truth affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "Theme." How does the theme of Legacy play out in The Mound Builders? What is August's legacy?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)