|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
2. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
3. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
4. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
5. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the discovery of the God-King mean to August? What does it mean to Dan? What does it mean to Chad? How is this discovery important to the plot of The Mound Builders?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Delia in The Mound Builders. What is her purpose to the plot of the story? What does she know about the actions in the play that the other characters are not aware of?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Lanford Wilson chose to title this play, "The Mound Builders?" What does that title reflect in the action of the play? How is it symbolic to the theme?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)