|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
2. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
3. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
4. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
5. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the legacies of the supporting characters in The Mound Builders? What is Delia's legacy? What is Chad's? What is Jean's?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Jean and Delia. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles of women and men in The Mound Builders. What does Delia say regarding women versus men? How do the legacies of the women in the play differ from the legacies of the male characters? Why?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)