|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
2. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
3. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
4. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
5. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Lanford Wilson chose to title this play, "The Mound Builders?" What does that title reflect in the action of the play? How is it symbolic to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
What are the legacies of the supporting characters in The Mound Builders? What is Delia's legacy? What is Chad's? What is Jean's?
Essay Topic 3
Define "aestheticism." How does this term relate to the characters in The Mound Builders? Which characters would you describe as governed by "aesthetic?" Which are not? Why?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)