|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
2. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
3. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
4. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
5. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the building of the dam signify in The Mound Builders? How does water, rain, and flooding tie into the play both literally and metaphorically?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lanford Wilson choose to set this play in two different times and places? What effect does this acheive? How does this choice relate to the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Chinese proverb "When someone saves a man from drowning, he is responsible for him the rest of his life." What does this refer to in the play? What does it foreshadow?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)