|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Delia describe her father's office?
2. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
3. Delia talks of a soothsayer in Dombey and Son. Who changed the future in the book?
(a) The soothsayer.
(b) The villain.
(c) The hero.
(d) The girl.
4. From where does Delia ship a trunk to August and Cynthia?
5. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
(a) It would not be built.
(b) It had flooded the dig site.
(c) It was a curse.
(d) It kept rising every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
2. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
3. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
4. What is Jean called as a child?
5. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)