|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to Gerard, Lionel realizes that Tony
2. When the younger brother arrives too late to see his mother alive, it is because
3. At the Zendo, Kimmery's whispering suggests
4. As he drives out of town early in the morning, past Brooklyn, Greenpoint, and the airports, into Connecticut, Lionel realizes the heading towards
5. The detail that Lionel remembers to take care of which demonstrates his loyalty to Frank to
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kimmery in terms of how she fits into the Zen lifestyle and how she doesn't.
2. What does Julia imply with her story about the Snuffleupagus?
3. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
4. What does Frank's phrase, "Tell your story walking," mean to Lionel?
5. When Kimmery stops answering her phone, what is Lionel's next course of action?
6. What does Lionel spend his time on the highway doing?
7. What do The Clients want Lionel to do?
8. What is it about Kimmery's personality that makes Lionel "con-worried?"
9. What were the two things that Frank Minna would not discuss during the time Lionel knew him?
10. Explain Frank Minna's saying, Wheels within wheels.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Lionel feels protective towards Kimmery, yet she rescues him. 1) Write an essay in which you consider Kimmery as a foil character to Lionel. 2) Contrast these two characters and consider how it adds to the theme. 3) Write an essay that identifies other relationships in which protection adds to the theme.
Essay Topic 2
1) Write an essay in which you consider how Lionel's Tourettes Syndrome contributes to the theme of the story. 2) Write an essay in which you consider how Lionel's Tourettes Syndrome contributes to the plot of the story. or 3) Write an essay in which you consider how Lionel's Tourettes Syndrome contributes to the characterization of the story. Give examples of particular incidents with Lionel in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
1) Write an essay describing the author's depiction of family in the novel. 2) Describe the author's description of family within the Fujisaki Corporation and 3) Describe the author's depiction of family with the Zendo.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)