|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mission of the four men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car is
2. Lionel knew he had arrived at the right place when he saw
3. When Lionel goes by himself to visit The Clients, they ask him to
4. Gerard tells Lionel the reason for Frank's exile is
5. Rockaforte and Matricardi are
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lionel decide during his phone call with Tony?
2. Discuss how Lionel thinks he is like an airbag?
3. How does the chase scene begin at L & L and who is involved?
4. Describe the marital relationship between Frank and Julia.
5. When Kimmery stops answering her phone, what is Lionel's next course of action?
6. When he returns from exile, what does Frank tell The Clients?
7. Describe Kimmery in terms of how she fits into the Zen lifestyle and how she doesn't.
8. What does Lionel spend his time on the highway doing?
9. Who is Roshi and what does he tell Lionel about Frank?
10. What does Lionel figure out about Frank's reasons for using the Irving joke as the clue to his killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Frank's statement to Lionel that there only a couple of Essrogs in the phone book. 1) Write an essay in which you explore the purpose of Frank's statement, 2) Write an essay in which you discuss Lionel's reaction and motivation with respect to Frank's statement and 3) Write an essay in which you consider the role of Frank's statement in the progression of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
1) Write an essay describing the author's depiction of family in the novel. 2) Describe the author's description of family within the Fujisaki Corporation and 3) Describe the author's depiction of family with the Zendo.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the significance of progression of relationships to the theme of the novel. 1) Write an essay describing the progression of Lionel's relationship with The Clients, or 2) Write an essay describing Lionel's relationship with the other Minna Men, or 3) Write an essay describing Lionel's relationship with Julia.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)