|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his conversation with The Clients, Lionel acts impertinent by
(a) Correcting them.
(b) Telling them he doesn't trust Tony.
(c) Suggesting they get a maid.
(d) Telling them he has to leave early.
2. What causes Tony and Lionel to stop arguing and team up again?
(a) The gun goes off while Tony is waving it around.
(b) They realize they are both in love with Julia.
(c) The appearance of Detective Seminole.
(d) The Clients call Lionel and tell him to move the car.
3. The special guests arriving for the evening Zazen sessions were
(a) Interested buyers.
(b) Roshi's family
(c) Important monks from Japan.
(d) Tony and Danny.
4. During their phone conversation in which Tony insists that Lionel come into the office and won't give him any information, Lionel begins to feel
(a) He is in trouble.
(b) It isn't Tony on the phone.
(c) He can't trust Tony.
(d) His verbal insertions are detrimental to the conversation.
5. At the restaurant, besides Lemongrass Soup, Lionel discovers
(a) A cure for his disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lionel's reason for returning to the Zendo is
2. Lionel temporarily loses his sense of language down by the rocks at the shore because of the cold and
3. At the restaurant, Lionel recognizes the six men in suits and monks from the Zendo and ends up
4. Julia begins to think that she has underestimated Lionel and that perhaps
5. Lionel's thoughts about "dead hands nested " on the premises as he listens to The Clients suggest
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how Lionel thinks he is like an airbag?
2. Explain Frank Minna's saying, Wheels within wheels.
3. When he returns from exile, what does Frank tell The Clients?
4. What were the two things that Frank Minna would not discuss during the time Lionel knew him?
5. What do The Clients want Lionel to do?
6. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
7. What did Lionel sense in the home of The Clients that made him uncomfortable?
8. How does Frank try to change Julia when they marry and return to Brooklyn?
9. Who is Roshi and what does he tell Lionel about Frank?
10. How does the chase scene begin at L & L and who is involved?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)