|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lionel calls The Clients and trades L & L for
(b) Sea urchin.
2. After the stakeout and Gilbert's arrest, Lionel decides to
(a) Go to the police.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Find Frank.
3. Lionel's inability to agitate Gerard suggests
(a) Gerard considered him a worthy opponent.
(b) Gerard was not lying.
(c) Gerard was planning to have him killed.
(d) Gerard's serenity training in Zen was keeping him in control.
4. In Zen the term "One Mind refers to
(a) Focusing on one thing at a time.
(b) Not thinking.
(c) Reading the thoughts of others in the room.
(d) The reducing goals down to one.
5. The men of Fujisaki visited the Zendo in New York
(a) In search of Kimmery.
(b) As a cover for their drug operation.
(c) To check up on their holdings and Gerard.
(d) To train more doormen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The one thing Kimmery does not mention about Roshi is
2. The story of the younger girl who meets two brothers in Maine and becomes lovers with first the older brother and later the younger brother suggests
3. Lionel's reason for returning to the Zendo is
4. Lionel learns from Loomis that Ullman was an accountant for Fujisaki, a management corporation which is
5. Kimmery takes Lionel to the kitchen where they share
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank try to change Julia when they marry and return to Brooklyn?
2. Discuss how Lionel thinks he is like an airbag?
3. What does Julia imply with her story about the Snuffleupagus?
4. What did Lionel sense in the home of The Clients that made him uncomfortable?
5. What does Lionel do for Frank that none of the other Minna Men do, and what does it imply?
6. What does Lionel spend his time on the highway doing?
7. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
8. When Kimmery stops answering her phone, what is Lionel's next course of action?
9. What is the mission of the men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car and why don't they accomplish it?
10. What does Lionel decide during his phone call with Tony?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)