|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their phone conversation in which Tony insists that Lionel come into the office and won't give him any information, Lionel begins to feel
(a) It isn't Tony on the phone.
(b) He is in trouble.
(c) His verbal insertions are detrimental to the conversation.
(d) He can't trust Tony.
2. The story of the younger girl who meets two brothers in Maine and becomes lovers with first the older brother and later the younger brother suggests
(a) The girl was Julia.
(b) Kimmery knows both Gerard and Frank.
(c) Lionel has a brother.
(d) The two brothers were The Clients who later changed their names.
3. Lionel's reason for returning to the Zendo is
(a) To kill the Polish giant.
(b) To speak with Gerard (Roshi).
(c) To improve his Zen skills.
(d) To find his shoes.
4. Lionel is able to re-enter the Zendo because
(a) Kimmery has told him the code for the garage door.
(b) Kimmery brings him back to meet Wallace.
(c) He is holding the giant at gunpoint.
(d) He steals Kimmery's keys.
5. Kimmery takes Lionel to the kitchen where they share
(a) Information about Frank.
(c) Their love of science fiction.
(d) Stories about Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the younger brother arrives too late to see his mother alive, it is because
2. In the story of the two brothers and the girl, the term "Rama-lama-ding-dong" refers to
3. Julia begins to think that she has underestimated Lionel and that perhaps
4. In Zen the term "One Mind refers to
5. Julia ran away to Maine because
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mission of the men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car and why don't they accomplish it?
2. What were the two things that Frank Minna would not discuss during the time Lionel knew him?
3. What does Lionel figure out about Frank's reasons for using the Irving joke as the clue to his killer?
4. What is it about Kimmery's personality that makes Lionel "con-worried?"
5. What do The Clients want Lionel to do?
6. Discuss how Lionel thinks he is like an airbag?
7. Who is Roshi and what does he tell Lionel about Frank?
8. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
9. Describe how the conversation with Detective Seminole changes the attitude between Tony and Lionel.
10. What is inferred by the story of the girl from Nantucket and the two brothers?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)