|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion with Julia at the lighthouse, Lionel realizes the Julia's rage is just a cover for
(b) Disappointment and fear.
2. Lionel interviews a boat owner on the island and learns the island is popular with the Fujisaki Corporation because
(a) It has a large supply of sea urchin.
(b) They can ship illegal drugs and not get caught.
(c) Scientologists bought the old hotel which attracts movie stars.
(d) It is a place of peace.
3. What causes Tony and Lionel to stop arguing and team up again?
(a) The appearance of Detective Seminole.
(b) They realize they are both in love with Julia.
(c) The Clients call Lionel and tell him to move the car.
(d) The gun goes off while Tony is waving it around.
4. Gerard's connection at Fujisaki who helps him siphon funds was
5. Lionel's thoughts about "dead hands nested " on the premises as he listens to The Clients suggest
(a) He is getting paranoid.
(b) He realizes how many deals and understandings have taken place there in the past.
(c) He thinks The Clients are serial killers.
(d) He has figured out where the killer has buried the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. The detail that Lionel remembers to take care of which demonstrates his loyalty to Frank to
2. Detective Seminole's choice of words, "stumble and wade," suggest
3. At the Zendo, Kimmery's whispering suggests
4. The mission of the four men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car is
5. In Zen practice, the term Zazen refers to
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kimmery in terms of how she fits into the Zen lifestyle and how she doesn't.
2. What does Lionel figure out about Frank's reasons for using the Irving joke as the clue to his killer?
3. Describe the marital relationship between Frank and Julia.
4. How does the chase scene begin at L & L and who is involved?
5. What did Lionel sense in the home of The Clients that made him uncomfortable?
6. What does Julia imply with her story about the Snuffleupagus?
7. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
8. Explain Frank Minna's saying, Wheels within wheels.
9. What is inferred by the story of the girl from Nantucket and the two brothers?
10. What is it about Kimmery's personality that makes Lionel "con-worried?"
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)