|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the last jobs Lionel remembers identifying with The Clients is
(a) Loading musical instruments into the brownstone.
(b) Tearing down a Ferris Wheel.
(c) Driving to Maine.
(d) The stakeout in front of the Zendo.
2. Lionel is able to re-enter the Zendo because
(a) Kimmery brings him back to meet Wallace.
(b) He steals Kimmery's keys.
(c) Kimmery has told him the code for the garage door.
(d) He is holding the giant at gunpoint.
3. The name Tony calls Lionel that brings tears to his eyes is
4. As Lionel watches the L & L storefront, he sees that it also being watched by
(b) The Polish giant.
(c) Detective Seminole.
5. When Lionel tells Kimmery that he is "con-worried," it suggests
(a) He is afraid for her safety because.
(b) Thinks she has a gun.
(c) Thinks the large, Polish man is after him.
(d) He thinks he won't be able to sit still long enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lionel finds Tony sitting in his car, he realizes
2. In Zen practice, the term Zazen refers to
3. The brothers get into trouble a second time by
4. In the chase scene with the giant, Lionel stops him by using
5. Lionel's thoughts about "dead hands nested " on the premises as he listens to The Clients suggest
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia imply with her story about the Snuffleupagus?
2. What does Lionel decide during his phone call with Tony?
3. What is the mission of the men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car and why don't they accomplish it?
4. What does Lionel spend his time on the highway doing?
5. What do The Clients want Lionel to do?
6. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
7. What is it about Kimmery's personality that makes Lionel "con-worried?"
8. Discuss how Lionel thinks he is like an airbag?
9. Who is Roshi and what does he tell Lionel about Frank?
10. What does Lionel figure out about Frank's reasons for using the Irving joke as the clue to his killer?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)