|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Zendo, Kimmery's whispering suggests
(a) There is a baby sleeping.
(b) She is hoarse.
(c) The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful.
(d) She is hiding from the murderer.
2. Lionel's thoughts about "dead hands nested " on the premises as he listens to The Clients suggest
(a) He realizes how many deals and understandings have taken place there in the past.
(b) He has figured out where the killer has buried the body.
(c) He thinks The Clients are serial killers.
(d) He is getting paranoid.
3. When Kimmery answers the door at the Zendo, Lionel acts
(a) LIke he has amnesia.
(b) Like he is interested in Zen practice.
(c) LIke he is interested in Kimmery.
(d) Like he is a police officer.
4. Tony wanted to replace Frank in all aspects of his life except
(a) With the Fujisaki Corporation.
(b) With The Clients in Brooklyn.
(c) With Julia.
(d) With the fishing boats around the island.
5. The name Tony calls Lionel that brings tears to his eyes is
Short Answer Questions
1. The special guests arriving for the evening Zazen sessions were
2. In Kimmery's apartment, Lionel reminisces about
3. At the restaurant, Lionel recognizes the six men in suits and monks from the Zendo and ends up
4. At the restaurant, besides Lemongrass Soup, Lionel discovers
5. Early the next morning, Lionel returns to the Zendo and tries to get information about the man who took Frank from
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lionel do for Frank that none of the other Minna Men do, and what does it imply?
2. When he returns from exile, what does Frank tell The Clients?
3. Explain Frank Minna's saying, Wheels within wheels.
4. What clue does Lionel find in the rental car's glove box?
5. How does Frank try to change Julia when they marry and return to Brooklyn?
6. What does Frank's phrase, "Tell your story walking," mean to Lionel?
7. What were the two things that Frank Minna would not discuss during the time Lionel knew him?
8. Who is Roshi and what does he tell Lionel about Frank?
9. Describe how the conversation with Detective Seminole changes the attitude between Tony and Lionel.
10. What does Lionel decide during his phone call with Tony?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)