|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the author's change in point of view makes the reader feel
2. On the way to the hospital, Minna asks Lionel for
(a) His promise to find the attacker.
(c) His gun.
(d) A joke.
3. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
(a) Pushing your luck too far.
(b) Failing to introduce someone.
(d) Making everyone wait for you.
4. When Lionel returns from seeing Julia, he gets a phone call with news that
(a) The police officer needs to ask him more questions.
(b) Gilbert has been arrested.
(c) Julia has returned.
(d) The Minna Men have a new job.
5. Lionel's disease is called
(a) Parkinson's Disease.
(b) Tourette's Syndrome.
(c) Crone's Disease.
(d) Touching Syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of the story is
2. Lionel describes the effect of drugs on his constellation of behaviors as
3. The parentheses around the fragmented sentence pieces in Chapter 4 represents
4. As Gilbert explains to Tony and Danny what happened to Frank, Danny keeps saying
5. Another of Lionel's pet peeves with Loomis involves joke telling because
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Lionel means when he says, It (meaning Minna's influence) changed us as a group. We developed a certain collective ego, a presence apart at the Home.
2. Describe what happens in the penguin incident with Lionel and Gilbert.
3. Before he enters the Zendo, Frank Minna's instructions to Lionel include
4. What did Minna give the boys by removing them from St. Vincents?
5. What is the opening line of the joke Lionel tells Frank?
6. Frank's nickname for Lionel, Freakshow, suggests what?
7. Explain the difference between a real car service and L & L.
8. What is implied by the sentence: In Tourette dreams you shed your tics or your tics shed you and you go with them, astonished to leave yourself behind).
9. Give an example of how Minna used people to mark his territory.
10. Discuss Lionel's disposition with respect to his condition.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)