|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving St. Vincent's, Lionel lived
(a) In the apartment above L & L.
(b) Next door to Julia.
(c) On the street for two years.
(d) With Frank Minna.
2. In the sentence, "and you go with them, astonished to leave yourself behind," who is them?
(a) Other people suffering from Tourette's.
(b) Your dreams.
(c) The tics.
(d) The sheds.
3. In Chapter 4, the author changes point of view to
(a) First person.
(b) Third person, omniscient.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
4. The parentheses around the fragmented sentence pieces in Chapter 4 represents
(a) The unconscious realization that someone is near.
(b) The atmosphere of sleep.
(c) The reader's need to pause between each portion.
(d) A hug.
5. The fragmented sentence broken into three parts in Chapter 4 suggests
(a) The interrupted delivery of thought in sleep.
(b) A new number compulsion.
(c) Lionel's brainwaves.
(d) The three other Minna Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Gilbert explains to Tony and Danny what happened to Frank, Danny keeps saying
2. The more obvious symptoms of Lionel's disease are
3. When Lionel returns from seeing Julia, he gets a phone call with news that
4. The last of Lionel's symtoms to emerge at thirteen, which is encouraged by Frank is
5. All of the Minna Men
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in the penguin incident with Lionel and Gilbert.
2. What does Lionel mean when he says that a person with Tourette's can be the Invisible Man?
3. What are Frank's instruction over the wire when the conversation in the Zendo ends?
4. What is the opening line of the joke Lionel tells Frank?
5. Discuss what Lionel means when he says, It (meaning Minna's influence) changed us as a group. We developed a certain collective ego, a presence apart at the Home.
6. What would a typical day working for Frank entail when the boys first started with him?
7. What is Julia's reaction when Lionel stops by to tell her about Frank?
8. Describe Frank's conversation in the car with his captors.
9. What is Lionel's mission in the story?
10. Give an example of how Minna used people to mark his territory.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)