|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story begins with a stakeout in front of the
(a) Minna's Moving Company.
(b) Tool Company.
(c) Queensborough Bridge.
(d) Yorkville Zendo.
2. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
(b) Pushing your luck too far.
(c) Failing to introduce someone.
(d) Making everyone wait for you.
3. (Tourette Dreams) immediately follows
(a) Lionel blowing out the candle and going to bed.
(b) Frank's departure.
(c) Lionel passing out.
(d) A tic.
4. Minna Men wear suits, drive cars, listen to tapped lines, stand behind Minna, hands in their pockets, look menacing, carry money, collect money, don't ask questions, answer phones, pick up packages, and follow instructions suggests that
(a) Minna Men love their job.
(b) Minna Men are afraid of losing their jobs.
(c) Minna Men try to be like MInna.
(d) Minna Men are brainwashed.
5. Many of Lionel's verbal responses include
(c) References to his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lionel and Gilbert find Frank wounded in
2. The characteristic of Lionel's that is masked by his symptoms is
3. The first person to enter the building they are staking out is
4. The personal items Frank leaves in the back seat of the car so that they are not stolen in the hospital are
5. Lionel finds Frank
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Lionel's disposition with respect to his condition.
2. Describe Frank's conversation in the car with his captors.
3. Explain how Lionel finds Frank.
4. Give an example of how Minna used people to mark his territory.
5. What is Lionel's mission in the story?
6. What is inferred in the sentence: "We were all four of us an arrangement around a missing centerpiece, as incoherent as a verbless sentence.
7. What role does Frank play in the lives of the MInna Men?
8. What are Frank's instruction over the wire when the conversation in the Zendo ends?
9. What is the significance of the chapter, Tourette Dreams being composed of just one line?
10. What is Julia's reaction when Lionel stops by to tell her about Frank?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)