|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of twelve, Lionel's earliest compulsions include
(c) Biting his nails.
2. The narrator of the story is
3. The four Minna Men are
(a) Tony, Danny, Gilbert and Lionel.
(b) Tony, Danny, Frank and Lionel.
(c) Frank, Tony, Danny and Gilbert
(d) Gerard, Frank, Tony and Lionel
4. At Sarah J. Hale High School, it is not cool for a white boy to talk to, flirt with or make eye contact with a black girl because
(a) They are already claimed by boyfriends and their lives lead elsewhere.
(b) The student majority is hispanic.
(c) Their are only a few black girls.
(d) The white girl gangs will be insulted and ambush them.
5. Lionel and Gilbert find Frank wounded in
(a) A Dumpster.
(b) A K-car.
(c) A Lincoln.
(d) A steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving St. Vincent's, Lionel lived
2. Gilbert is tolerant of Lionel because
3. Lionel's arbitrary rules about drinking beer downstairs and whiskey upstairs and playing cards downstairs and a chess game upstairs suggests
4. Although Lionel describes his abundance of symptoms and the feelings that accompany them, he does not
5. The last of Lionel's symtoms to emerge at thirteen, which is encouraged by Frank is
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Minna used people to mark his territory.
2. What is implied by the sentence: In Tourette dreams you shed your tics or your tics shed you and you go with them, astonished to leave yourself behind).
3. What is Lionel's mission in the story?
4. What are Frank's instruction over the wire when the conversation in the Zendo ends?
5. What does Detective Seminole think of Lionel?
6. What did Lionel do when Detective Seminole asked him about Matricardi and Rockaforte?
7. What is inferred in the sentence: "We were all four of us an arrangement around a missing centerpiece, as incoherent as a verbless sentence.
8. What does Lionel mean when he says that a person with Tourette's can be the Invisible Man?
9. Discuss Lionel's disposition with respect to his condition.
10. Describe Frank's condition when they find him.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)