|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's last name is
2. The police officer continually calls Lionel
(b) Knuckle head.
3. In Chapter 4, the lack of punctuation in the sentence suggests
(a) Illogical thoughts.
(b) This is how all of Lionel's thoughts pass through his brain.
(c) Unimportant thoughts.
(d) Drifting thoughts with no beginning or end.
4. The last clue Frank gives Lionel and Gilbert as to his whereabouts is
(b) Harry Brainum Jr.
(c) The Pulaski Bridge.
(d) Barnum and Bailey Circus.
5. The hospital Frank tells Gilbert to drive to is
(a) Brooklyn-Queens Hospital.
(b) St. Vincents Hospital.
(c) Brooklyn Hospital.
(d) St. Albert Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving St. Vincent's, Lionel lived
2. Lionel and Gilbert find Frank wounded in
3. L & L Car Service is different from other car services because
4. The Minna Men first meet Frank's brother, Gerard at
5. Lionel spends many hours of his childhood
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tony's character.
2. What are Frank's instruction over the wire when the conversation in the Zendo ends?
3. Discuss Lionel's disposition with respect to his condition.
4. What does Detective Seminole think of Lionel?
5. Why was Lionel visiting all of Frank's old haunts?
6. Describe Lionel's ritual as he eats his sandwich after trying to get Gilbert out of jail.
7. What did Minna give the boys by removing them from St. Vincents?
8. What is inferred in the sentence: "We were all four of us an arrangement around a missing centerpiece, as incoherent as a verbless sentence.
9. Frank's nickname for Lionel, Freakshow, suggests what?
10. What did Lionel do when Detective Seminole asked him about Matricardi and Rockaforte?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)