|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he drives out of town early in the morning, past Brooklyn, Greenpoint, and the airports, into Connecticut, Lionel realizes the heading towards
(b) Fujisaki Corporation.
(c) The Brownstone.
2. Lionel's reason for returning to the Zendo is
(a) To kill the Polish giant.
(b) To find his shoes.
(c) To speak with Gerard (Roshi).
(d) To improve his Zen skills.
3. The mission of the four men in blue suits who escort Lionel to their rental car is
(a) To take Frank's beeper away from him
(b) To get him to call Tony.
(c) To scare him.
(d) To get information about Ullman.
4. Kimmery takes Lionel to the kitchen where they share
(a) Information about Frank.
(b) Their love of science fiction.
(d) Stories about Japan.
5. During their phone conversation in which Tony insists that Lionel come into the office and won't give him any information, Lionel begins to feel
(a) He can't trust Tony.
(b) It isn't Tony on the phone.
(c) He is in trouble.
(d) His verbal insertions are detrimental to the conversation.
6. The special guests arriving for the evening Zazen sessions were
(a) Roshi's family
(b) Interested buyers.
(c) Important monks from Japan.
(d) Tony and Danny.
7. In the chase scene with the giant, Lionel stops him by using
(a) His car.
(b) Poison uni.
(c) A gun.
(d) A fishing spear.
8. Lionel temporarily loses his sense of language down by the rocks at the shore because of the cold and
(a) Fear of the water.
(b) A gun pointed at him.
(d) The sight of Tony, shot.
9. Lionel knew he had arrived at the right place when he saw
(a) Muscongus Island Ferry.
(b) Place of Peace.
(c) Fujisaki Corporation.
(d) Yoshii's- Maine's Only Thai and Sushi Oceanfood Emporium.
10. In Zen practice, the term Zazen refers to
11. The story of the younger girl who meets two brothers in Maine and becomes lovers with first the older brother and later the younger brother suggests
(a) The girl was Julia.
(b) Kimmery knows both Gerard and Frank.
(c) Lionel has a brother.
(d) The two brothers were The Clients who later changed their names.
12. The men of Fujisaki visited the Zendo in New York
(a) To check up on their holdings and Gerard.
(b) To train more doormen.
(c) In search of Kimmery.
(d) As a cover for their drug operation.
13. While questioning Kimmery, Lionel's symptoms are
14. Detective Seminole's choice of words, "stumble and wade," suggest
(a) He had fears that he was already over his head in the investigation.
(b) He was intimidated by The Clients.
(c) He had been searching for the body in the river.
(d) He wasn't very bright.
15. Julia begins to think that she has underestimated Lionel and that perhaps
(a) His disease is a disguise.
(b) She should run away with him.
(c) He is the killer and the giant doesn't exist.
(d) He and Tony had an arrangement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lionel's response, "Don't do that." after Kimmery kisses his cheek suggests
2. The location of Lionel's meeting with The Clients is
3. During the discussion with Detective Seminole, the one item not covered is
4. What is it that Kimmery asks Lionel to do that gives him the chills because he remembers hearing Frank do it the night before
5. The killer was hired by
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)