|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lionel's response, "Don't do that." after Kimmery kisses his cheek suggests
(a) He doesn't like being teased.
(b) They don't know each other well enough and she should be more suspicious of strangers.
(c) She belongs to someone else.
(d) He doesn't like her.
2. At the Zendo, Kimmery's whispering suggests
(a) The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful.
(b) She is hoarse.
(c) There is a baby sleeping.
(d) She is hiding from the murderer.
3. Julia remembers something Frank had once said about Lionel and tells him
(a) No woman will ever want you, Lionel.
(b) You are such a freak.
(c) Go to hell, Lionel.
(d) You were useful to him because you were crazy but everyone thought you were stupid.
4. The men of Fujisaki visited the Zendo in New York
(a) To train more doormen.
(b) As a cover for their drug operation.
(c) In search of Kimmery.
(d) To check up on their holdings and Gerard.
5. What is it that Kimmery asks Lionel to do that gives him the chills because he remembers hearing Frank do it the night before
(a) Talk to Roshi.
(b) Remove his shoes.
(c) Contact a lawyer.
(d) Turn his cell phone off.
6. In Zen practice, the term Zazen refers to
7. Lionel temporarily loses his sense of language down by the rocks at the shore because of the cold and
(a) Fear of the water.
(b) The sight of Tony, shot.
(c) A gun pointed at him.
8. Kimmery convinces Lionel that he should
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) Leave before the large, Polish man finds him.
(c) Return for the evening Zazen session.
(d) Go upstairs and speak with Roshi.
9. The brothers get into trouble a second time by
(a) Hiding Gerard from The Clients.
(b) Smuggling Uni offshore.
(c) Dipping into the till again.
(d) Hiring more underaged boys to work for them.
10. Rockaforte and Matricardi are
(a) The owners of the Zendo.
(b) The owners of the Fujisaki Corporation.
(c) Italian mobsters.
(d) The only family Lionel has left.
11. In Kimmery's apartment, Lionel reminisces about
(b) Having to give up his cat, Hen.
(c) An old girlfriend.
(d) His childhood.
12. When the younger brother arrives too late to see his mother alive, it is because
(a) At first, he thinks it is a trap.
(b) He spends so much time Brooklynizing his new bride.
(c) He was spotted by The Clients.
(d) His brother persuades him not to go.
13. Detective Seminole's choice of words, "stumble and wade," suggest
(a) He had been searching for the body in the river.
(b) He had fears that he was already over his head in the investigation.
(c) He wasn't very bright.
(d) He was intimidated by The Clients.
14. In the story of the two brothers and the girl, the term "Rama-lama-ding-dong" refers to
(a) The girl's engagement ring.
(b) A code for The Clients.
(c) A shipment of fenced goods.
(d) A nickname for Gerard.
15. The one thing Kimmery does not mention about Roshi is
(a) That his name means teacher.
(b) That he prefers to do the sweeping himself.
(c) That he is in trouble.
(d) That he is American.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lionel goes by himself to visit The Clients, they ask him to
2. When he gets bored driving, Lionel cannot
3. During their phone conversation in which Tony insists that Lionel come into the office and won't give him any information, Lionel begins to feel
4. Kimmery takes Lionel to the kitchen where they share
5. The location of Lionel's meeting with The Clients is
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)