|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story begins with a stakeout in front of the
(a) Minna's Moving Company.
(b) Queensborough Bridge.
(c) Yorkville Zendo.
(d) Tool Company.
2. The main character's last name is
3. When Minna is abducted, Lionel and Gilbert are able to find him because
(a) He is wearing a wire and gives them clues.
(b) Tony calls and tells them where he is.
(c) They guess where he is being taken
(d) They are able to follow the car.
4. The last clue Frank gives Lionel and Gilbert as to his whereabouts is
(a) The Pulaski Bridge.
(c) Barnum and Bailey Circus.
(d) Harry Brainum Jr.
5. Gilbert is tolerant of Lionel because
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) They share a memory of the Penguin Diorama on a museum field trip.
(c) They are step brothers.
(d) They smoke together.
6. The last of Lionel's symtoms to emerge at thirteen, which is encouraged by Frank is
7. Many of Lionel's verbal responses include
(d) References to his childhood.
8. Lionel's disease is called
(a) Parkinson's Disease.
(b) Tourette's Syndrome.
(c) Touching Syndrome.
(d) Crone's Disease.
9. In Chapter 4, the lack of punctuation in the sentence suggests
(a) Illogical thoughts.
(b) Drifting thoughts with no beginning or end.
(c) Unimportant thoughts.
(d) This is how all of Lionel's thoughts pass through his brain.
10. As they follow Frank in the car, after his abduction, they hear his captor say
(b) That Frank shouldn't be stupid.
(c) That he is Polish.
(d) That Frank will pay.
11. Minna Men wear suits, drive cars, listen to tapped lines, stand behind Minna, hands in their pockets, look menacing, carry money, collect money, don't ask questions, answer phones, pick up packages, and follow instructions suggests that
(a) Minna Men try to be like MInna.
(b) Minna Men are afraid of losing their jobs.
(c) Minna Men love their job.
(d) Minna Men are brainwashed.
12. When Lionel goes to tell Julia about Frank, he finds out
(a) She is taking over L & L Car Service.
(b) She already knows and is packed to leave.
(c) She has a police escort.
(d) She is having an affair.
13. When asked where she is going, Julia tells Lionel
(a) Back to Poland.
(b) I'm going to a place of peace.
(d) I'm going to find out who did this.
14. The owner of Zeod's Market asks Lionel if he should
(a) Make the policeman the same sandwich.
(b) Kick the policeman out of his store.
(c) Put his sandwich on Frank's tab.
(d) Put his sandwich in a bag.
15. The door of Lionel's apartment was riddled by dents because
(a) Lionel had a ritual of rapping his keys on the door before he opened it.
(b) Gangsters had shot at it.
(c) One of his neighbors had tried to kick it down.
(d) A decorator told him that was the style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the book, vignettes tell the reader
2. Frank loves the effects of Lionel's disease on his clients because
3. When asked who wounded him, Frank's response is
4. When he is discovered, Frank is suffering from
5. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)