|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their work is done, Frank often gives the boys
(a) Twenty dollars and a beer.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Driving lessons.
2. In Chapter 4, the author's change in point of view makes the reader feel
3. Lionel's disease is called
(a) Touching Syndrome.
(b) Crone's Disease.
(c) Tourette's Syndrome.
(d) Parkinson's Disease.
4. After leaving St. Vincent's, Lionel lived
(a) With Frank Minna.
(b) Next door to Julia.
(c) In the apartment above L & L.
(d) On the street for two years.
5. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Third person, omniscient.
6. Lionel's visits to all of Frank's favorite places suggest
(a) He is giving the news to all of Frank's business associates.
(b) He is not ready to accept the reality of Frank being gone.
(c) He is trying to get clues as to where Frank might be.
(d) He is trying to lead the policeman off track.
7. At the hospital, the doctors tell Lionel and Gilbert
(a) That Frank is in surgery.
(b) That Frank had a heart attack.
(c) That they couldn't save Frank.
(d) That Frank needs stitches.
8. The first person to enter the building they are staking out is
(a) Officer Loomis.
9. (Tourette Dreams) immediately follows
(a) Lionel passing out.
(b) Lionel blowing out the candle and going to bed.
(c) Frank's departure.
(d) A tic.
10. Frank Minna refers to his Mother as
(a) The Old Stove.
11. At the age of twelve, Lionel's earliest compulsions include
(a) Biting his nails.
12. Danny's real language is
(d) Shooting a gun.
13. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
(a) Pushing your luck too far.
(b) Making everyone wait for you.
(d) Failing to introduce someone.
14. When Lionel visits Julia, she teases him by
(a) Pretending she was still in love with Frank.
(b) Placing his hands on her breasts.
(c) Counting backwards.
(d) Blowing smoke in his face.
15. As they follow Frank in the car, after his abduction, they hear his captor say
(b) That Frank shouldn't be stupid.
(c) That he is Polish.
(d) That Frank will pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loomis' tendencies toward laziness and imprecision cause Lionel to
2. Another of Lionel's pet peeves with Loomis involves joke telling because
3. Frank loves the effects of Lionel's disease on his clients because
4. The Minna Men first meet Frank's brother, Gerard at
5. The characteristic of Lionel's that is masked by his symptoms is
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)