|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parentheses around the title of Chapter 4 indicate
(a) That it is not important information.
(b) That the chapter represents unconscious thought.
(c) An aside.
(d) That someone else is thinking it.
2. Lionel thinks Gilbert is framed for
(a) Uhlmann's murder.
(b) Stealing money from L & L Car Service.
(c) Tony's murder.
(d) Frank's murder.
3. Lionel and Gilbert find Frank wounded in
(a) A steel mill.
(b) A K-car.
(c) A Lincoln.
(d) A Dumpster.
4. When asked who wounded him, Frank's response is
(a) The Zendo Master.
(c) His wife, Julia.
5. According to Lionel, a Touretter can also be
(a) A Genius.
(b) The Invisible Man
6. The parentheses around the fragmented sentence pieces in Chapter 4 represents
(a) A hug.
(b) The reader's need to pause between each portion.
(c) The atmosphere of sleep.
(d) The unconscious realization that someone is near.
7. The police officer continually calls Lionel
(b) Knuckle head.
8. At Sarah J. Hale High School, it is not cool for a white boy to talk to, flirt with or make eye contact with a black girl because
(a) The white girl gangs will be insulted and ambush them.
(b) They are already claimed by boyfriends and their lives lead elsewhere.
(c) Their are only a few black girls.
(d) The student majority is hispanic.
9. After leaving St. Vincent's, Lionel lived
(a) Next door to Julia.
(b) On the street for two years.
(c) With Frank Minna.
(d) In the apartment above L & L.
10. As they follow Frank in the car, after his abduction, they hear his captor say
(a) That he is Polish.
(b) That Frank shouldn't be stupid.
(c) That Frank will pay.
11. The narrator of the story is
12. L & L Car Service is different from other car services because
(a) They drive limos.
(b) They advertise in the yellow pages.
(c) They never look for business and are rarely available to drive.
(d) They drive taxis.
13. Danny's real language is
(d) Shooting a gun.
14. Echolalia refers to
(a) Memorizing and repeating back conversations, word for word.
(b) Repeating and changing words.
(c) Yelling in between buildings to see if it echoes.
(d) Copying what someone else says each they say something.
15. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
(b) Making everyone wait for you.
(c) Failing to introduce someone.
(d) Pushing your luck too far.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is discovered, Frank is suffering from
2. Frank Minna refers to his Mother as
3. Lionel describes the effect of drugs on his constellation of behaviors as
4. The phrase, "and you go with them, astonished to leave yourself behind," implies
5. When Frank leaves the building, he is being escorted by
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)