|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first person to enter the building they are staking out is
(a) Officer Loomis.
2. The names Matricardi and Rockaforte are
(a) Written at the bottom of the business card for L & L Movers.
(b) Kept from the Minna Men.
(c) Never to be mentioned.
(d) Frank's real family names.
3. When Frank says, "Don't tug the boat," he means
(b) Making everyone wait for you.
(c) Failing to introduce someone.
(d) Pushing your luck too far.
4. Many of Lionel's verbal responses include
(d) References to his childhood.
5. Lionel describes the effect of drugs on his constellation of behaviors as
(a) Dimming the world.
(b) Wheels within wheels.
(d) Snowflake land.
6. The last clue Frank gives Lionel and Gilbert as to his whereabouts is
(a) The Pulaski Bridge.
(c) Barnum and Bailey Circus.
(d) Harry Brainum Jr.
7. Lionel's disease is called
(a) Tourette's Syndrome.
(b) Crone's Disease.
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
(d) Touching Syndrome.
8. The L & L Car Service was a front for
(a) A fake I.D. shop.
(b) A comedy shop.
(c) A gun shop.
(d) A detective agency.
9. The four Minna Men are
(a) Tony, Danny, Gilbert and Lionel.
(b) Frank, Tony, Danny and Gilbert
(c) Tony, Danny, Frank and Lionel.
(d) Gerard, Frank, Tony and Lionel
10. Loomis' tendencies toward laziness and imprecision cause Lionel to
(a) Lecture him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Suffer more than his usual number of symtoms.
(d) Dislike him.
11. Lionel's arbitrary rules about drinking beer downstairs and whiskey upstairs and playing cards downstairs and a chess game upstairs suggests
(a) He was hiding things from the Minna Men.
(b) That Lionel kept more expensive passtimes to himself.
(c) He had a split personality.
(d) That Lionel tried to separate his work life from his home life.
12. All of the Minna Men grow up
(a) In different states.
(b) In Queens.
(c) Next door to each other.
(d) In an orphanage.
13. The last of Lionel's symtoms to emerge at thirteen, which is encouraged by Frank is
14. Danny's real language is
(c) Shooting a gun.
15. From what point of view is the story told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Third person, omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lionel goes to tell Julia about Frank, he finds out
2. When Lionel invites the police officer to get a sandwich with him, it suggests
3. By condensing Chapter 4 to one page and one phrase that mentions dreams, the author is conveying
4. Another of Lionel's pet peeves with Loomis involves joke telling because
5. When Lionel returns from seeing Julia, he gets a phone call with news that
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)