|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Yvette's first love?
(a) She left him.
(b) He was unfaithful.
(c) He died.
(d) He became wealthy.
2. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
(a) Hiding it.
(b) Selling it.
(c) They have none.
(d) Throwing it away.
3. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(d) Ran away.
4. What effect has Mother Courage had on the young soldier by the end of the scene?
(a) She has motivated him more.
(b) She has converted him to Christianity.
(c) She has calmed him.
(d) She has had no effect.
5. The young soldier says he won't stand for ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
2. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
3. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
4. What religion are the peasants?
5. What would it look like if Mother Courage backed out on her complaint to the captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mother Courage angry with Eilif for taking the oxen from the peasants?
2. Are the peasants hypocrites?
3. Has Eilif's brutality finally caught up to him when peace is declared?
4. Why can't Mother Courage tell the soldiers who arrested Swiss Cheese that he is her son?
5. What is Mother Courage's advice to the young soldier about anger and injustice?
6. What is the cook's grievance with the chaplain?
7. Does Mother Courage think Kattrin will have an easy life as a wife?
8. In Mother Courage's opinion, why is being seated not revolting?
9. Does Mother Courage seem more human in Scene 8?
10. Why are the peasants urging Mother Courage to leave?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)