|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eilif want from Mother Courage when he sends her a message?
(b) A wife.
2. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A justified one.
(b) An ignorant one.
(c) A serious one.
(d) A short-lived one.
3. Mother Courage says the young soldier listens to her because _______________.
(a) She reminds him of his mother.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He needs help.
(d) She's right.
4. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
(a) Because she has a low opinion of peasants.
(b) Because they're expensive.
(c) Because it's disrespectful.
(d) Because she doesn't have very many.
5. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young soldier angry at by the end of Scene 4?
2. What would it look like if Mother Courage backed out on her complaint to the captain?
3. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
4. Why won't Swiss Cheese steal the money from the pay box?
5. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How impoverished has the country become as the cook, Mother Courage, and Kattrin follow the soldier through the winter?
2. Why does "Mother Courage" end with Mother Courage pulling her cart and singing?
3. Does Mother Courage seem more human in Scene 8?
4. Why does Mother Courage sing a lullaby to Kattrin?
5. In Mother Courage's opinion, why is being seated not revolting?
6. What has the chaplain's role shifted to by Scene 5?
7. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
8. Why does the soldier wear a woman's fur coat?
9. What does the first soldier mean when he says "she made it"?
10. Why is Mother Courage initially upset when she finds out the war is over?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)