|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
(b) Moses parting the sea.
(c) Jesus' crucifixion.
(d) The burning bush.
2. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
(a) To make fire kindling.
(b) To tell their futures.
(c) To pass a note to Kattrin.
(d) To make a statement.
3. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
(a) Because death is black.
(b) Because she read it in a book.
(c) Because she is religious.
(d) Because she saw it in her dream.
4. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
(a) His future.
(b) His commander's orders.
(c) Her love.
(d) The kindness of others.
5. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
2. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
3. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
4. Why does the young soldier think he deserves money?
5. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the peasants urging Mother Courage to leave?
2. What affect does Mother Courage's performance of "The Song of Great Capitulation" have?
3. In Scene 6, how does the chaplain begin to see Mother Courage?
4. Why does Mother Courage continue to talk with the sergeant and recruiting officer even though they are trying to recruit her sons into the army?
5. How does Mother Courage calm the young soldier?
6. Why can't Mother Courage tell the soldiers who arrested Swiss Cheese that he is her son?
7. Why does Mother Courage claim 60 hellers is a good deal for a cabon?
8. Does Mother Courage's false hope give her strength to carry on?
9. Why does Mother Courage choose to leave the cook behind?
10. What issue does the sergeant have with peace?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)