|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the older soldier tell the young soldier to be quiet?
(a) He'll be sent to the stocks.
(b) He's speaking nonsense.
(c) He's annoying.
(d) He can't be taken seriously.
2. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) The Chaplain.
(b) The Commander.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) His father.
3. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
4. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
(a) He is ignorant.
(b) He is brave.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is a bad commander.
5. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
2. What does Kattrin retrieve from the peasants' house?
3. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
4. What religion are the peasants?
5. When Kattrin puts on Yvette's clothes, what about Yvette does she imitate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What compels Kattrin to climb to the roof?
2. Has Mother Courage learned anything by the end of the play?
3. Why is Mother Courage initially upset when she finds out the war is over?
4. How brave is Kattrin?
5. Will the war end now that the commander is dead?
6. In Mother Courage's opinion, why is being seated not revolting?
7. What is the debate over the legitimacy of the villagers?
8. Does Mother Courage's false hope give her strength to carry on?
9. Has Yvette benefited from the war?
10. Why can't Mother Courage tell the soldiers who arrested Swiss Cheese that he is her son?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)