|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
2. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because it's about him.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) Because his mother taught him.
(d) Because it is the commander's favorite.
3. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
(b) Good sense.
4. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
5. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) First Finnish Regiment.
(b) Second Polish Regiment.
(c) Second Finnish Regiment.
(d) Third Polish Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
2. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
3. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
4. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
5. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issue does the sergeant have with peace?
2. Why does Mother Courage hesitate to pay for Swiss Cheese's releases?
3. Why does Kattrin run out to the peasant's house in Scene 5?
4. What is the debate over the legitimacy of the villagers?
5. Why does Mother Courage claim 60 hellers is a good deal for a cabon?
6. Has Yvette benefited from the war?
7. Is Mother Courage angry with Eilif for taking the oxen from the peasants?
8. Why does the cook not want Kattrin to come to Utrecht?
9. What compels Kattrin to climb to the roof?
10. Does the chaplain fall short of his "duty" in Scene 2?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)