|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kattrin run into the peasants' dilapidated house?
(a) Her mother's supplies are inside.
(b) There's a baby inside.
(c) Mother Courage told her to.
(d) She has a death wish.
2. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
3. What does the recruiting officer think the army needs?
(a) Women soldiers.
4. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
(a) 50 hellers.
(b) 10 hellers.
(c) 2 guilders.
(d) 3 guilders.
5. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
(a) She used them herself.
(b) They are impossible to find.
(c) She was robbed.
(d) She sold them all to soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
2. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
3. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
4. Who is the young soldier angry at by the end of Scene 4?
5. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Eilif's brutality finally caught up to him when peace is declared?
2. What is Mother Courage's advice to the young soldier about anger and injustice?
3. In Mother Courage's opinion, why is being seated not revolting?
4. Why is Mother Courage frantic to dress Kattrin more modestly and smear ashes on her face?
5. How does Mother Courage get her name?
6. Why does Kattrin refuse to come out of the wagon through Scene 8?
7. Why does the cook want Mother Courage to come to Utrecht with him?
8. Why does the cook not want Kattrin to come to Utrecht?
9. Does the chaplain see a difference between war and peace?
10. Why is Mother Courage so protective of her soldiers' shirts?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)