|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(b) Ran away.
2. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
(a) She sold them all to soldiers.
(b) She used them herself.
(c) They are impossible to find.
(d) She was robbed.
3. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
4. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
5. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) Jesus' crucifixion.
(b) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
(c) The burning bush.
(d) Moses parting the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
2. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
3. Why does the first soldier want brandy?
4. What effect has Mother Courage had on the young soldier by the end of the scene?
5. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kattrin refuse to come out of the wagon through Scene 8?
2. Why are the peasants urging Mother Courage to leave?
3. Earlier in the play, would we have expected Mother Courage to go with the cook? Why/how has she changed?
4. Why does Mother Courage claim 60 hellers is a good deal for a cabon?
5. Why can't Mother Courage tell the soldiers who arrested Swiss Cheese that he is her son?
6. Will the war end now that the commander is dead?
7. Why is Kattrin mute?
8. In Scene 6, does Mother Courage believe Kattrin will ever find a husband? Why or why not?
9. Why does the soldier threaten to kill the cattle instead of the peasants?
10. What is the debate over the legitimacy of the villagers?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)