|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part is one of the peasants missing after their farm is attacked?
(a) A leg.
(b) An arm.
(c) A foot.
(d) Some fingers.
2. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's ill.
(b) Because she's bored.
(c) Because she's an alcoholic.
(d) Because she's depressed.
3. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
(a) She is a bad businesswoman.
(b) She is afraid of war.
(c) She doesn't care about her children.
(d) She is mean.
4. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
5. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
(a) The Commander is giving him lots of money.
(b) The Commander laughs at Eilif's jokes.
(c) Eilif got a promotion.
(d) He has been invited to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
2. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
3. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
4. Where is Kattrin's father from?
5. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage think the commander is bad at his job?
2. Why does the cook want Mother Courage to come to Utrecht with him?
3. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
4. Why does Mother Courage claim 60 hellers is a good deal for a cabon?
5. In Scene 6, does Mother Courage believe Kattrin will ever find a husband? Why or why not?
6. How does Mother Courage feel about her daughter, Kattrin?
7. Why do all of Mother Courage's children have names of different origins?
8. In "Mother Courage" is it possible to gain without losing?
9. Does Mother Courage seem more human in Scene 8?
10. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation" to calm the young soldier?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)