|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he never writes to her.
(b) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
(c) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(d) Because he is cruel.
2. The young soldier says he won't stand for ________.
3. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
4. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) First Finnish Regiment.
(b) Second Finnish Regiment.
(c) Third Polish Regiment.
(d) Second Polish Regiment.
5. Why won't Mother Courage help the peasant family that was injured in the attack on their farm?
(a) Because they're Protestants.
(b) Because they are thieves.
(c) Because they don't have any money.
(d) Because they deserved what happened to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal whispers in "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
2. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
3. What is the first soldier wearing?
4. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
5. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mother Courage angry with Eilif for taking the oxen from the peasants?
2. Why is Mother Courage so protective of her soldiers' shirts?
3. Why does "Mother Courage" end with Mother Courage pulling her cart and singing?
4. Why does Kattrin run out to the peasant's house in Scene 5?
5. Why is Eilif a hero in the commander's eyes?
6. Why is the young soldier outraged?
7. Why is Mother Courage initially upset when she finds out the war is over?
8. What has the chaplain's role shifted to by Scene 5?
9. In Scene 6, does Mother Courage believe Kattrin will ever find a husband? Why or why not?
10. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)