|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
(a) To tell a story.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To calm the soldier.
(d) To get money.
2. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
3. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
(a) It could live forever.
(b) It was intelligent.
(c) It had many children.
(d) It was magical.
4. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
(a) Because there is low demand.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he was ordered to.
(d) Because they don't work.
5. Why does the first soldier want brandy?
(a) Because it's free.
(b) Because he missed the plunder.
(c) Because he's bored.
(d) Because he's an alcoholic.
6. What does the recruiting officer think the army needs?
(c) Women soldiers.
7. What does the sergeant predict Swiss Cheese's nationality is?
8. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
(a) The Lord made 500 loaves out of 5.
(b) Moses parting the sea.
(c) The burning bush.
(d) Jesus' crucifixion.
9. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
(a) In another tent.
(b) In his bag.
(c) Under some clothes.
(d) Under the mattress.
10. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
11. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
(a) Because she has a low opinion of peasants.
(b) Because she doesn't have very many.
(c) Because it's disrespectful.
(d) Because they're expensive.
12. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
13. The young soldier says he won't stand for ________.
14. Why does the young soldier think he deserves money?
(a) Because he was the only one who swam in the river.
(b) Because he never asked for any.
(c) Because he's honest.
(d) Because he has been fighting for many years.
15. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
(a) She sold them all to soldiers.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She used them herself.
(d) They are impossible to find.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mother Courage sees Kattrin with the board, she calls her a ________.
2. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
3. What body part is one of the peasants missing after their farm is attacked?
4. Why don't the peasants stay out of the line of fire when the Catholic soldiers attack their farm?
5. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)