|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) His father.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) The Commander.
(d) The Chaplain.
2. When Mother Courage sees Kattrin with the board, she calls her a ________.
3. What does the recruiting officer think the army needs?
(c) Women soldiers.
4. What does the sergeant predict Swiss Cheese's nationality is?
5. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
(a) He doesn't fight.
(b) He is well respected.
(c) He meets nice girls.
(d) He earns good money.
6. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
(a) She is afraid of war.
(b) She is a bad businesswoman.
(c) She is mean.
(d) She doesn't care about her children.
7. Where does Scene 5 take place?
8. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Sixty hellers.
(b) Fifty hellers.
(c) Seventy hellers.
(d) Ten hellers.
9. What animal whispers in "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A snake.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bird.
10. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
(a) They are going extinct.
(b) They are in a siege.
(c) They are in season.
(d) They are in high demand.
11. Some time after Swiss Cheese has been killed, why is Mother Courage going to complain to the captain?
(a) Because he scared off her business.
(b) Because he treats soldiers badly.
(c) Because Swiss Cheese was wrongfully killed.
(d) Because her cart has been destroyed.
12. Mother Courage observes that Kattrin "sits, happy as a _______ in all this misery" of the suffering peasants.
13. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
(b) A garden.
(c) A mother's womb.
(d) Dust in the wind.
14. Why does the recruiting officer say you can't take a man's word anymore?
(a) He is angry with the king.
(b) His best friend stole from him.
(c) His wife cheated on him.
(d) No one has any sense of honor.
15. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
(c) Complain to someone else.
(d) Not complain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
2. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
3. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
4. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
5. What is the first soldier wearing?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)