|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
(a) Dust in the wind.
(b) A garden.
(d) A mother's womb.
2. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
(a) Because she read it in a book.
(b) Because she saw it in her dream.
(c) Because death is black.
(d) Because she is religious.
3. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
(a) Ten hellers.
(b) Twenty hellers.
(c) One guilder.
(d) Fifty hellers.
4. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
5. The young soldier says he won't stand for ________.
6. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
7. Where is Kattrin's father from?
8. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
(b) Good sense.
9. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
10. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
(a) There are soldiers inside.
(b) There's a gas leak.
(c) The roof is going to fall in.
(d) Mother Courage told her not to.
11. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
(a) He is well read.
(b) He is respectful and tolerant.
(c) He needs brave soldiers.
(d) He is mean to Eilif.
12. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To gain sympathy.
(b) To warn people.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To tell the story of her love life.
13. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
(b) Mother Courage.
(c) The Cook.
(d) The soldiers.
14. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Sixty hellers.
(b) Ten hellers.
(c) Seventy hellers.
(d) Fifty hellers.
15. Why does the first soldier want brandy?
(a) Because it's free.
(b) Because he missed the plunder.
(c) Because he's an alcoholic.
(d) Because he's bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the young soldier complaining to the captain?
2. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
3. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
4. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
5. Why does the recruiting officer say you can't take a man's word anymore?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)