Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
(d) Good sense.
2. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
(a) She is a bad businesswoman.
(b) She is afraid of war.
(c) She doesn't care about her children.
(d) She is mean.
3. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) Second Finnish Regiment.
(b) Third Polish Regiment.
(c) First Finnish Regiment.
(d) Second Polish Regiment.
4. Why is the young soldier complaining to the captain?
(a) Because the captain stole his money.
(b) Because the captain recruited his son.
(c) Because the captain has a drinking problem.
(d) Because the captain stole his wife.
5. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(c) Ran away.
6. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
(a) Because she has a low opinion of peasants.
(b) Because she doesn't have very many.
(c) Because they're expensive.
(d) Because it's disrespectful.
7. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
(a) They are in high demand.
(b) They are going extinct.
(c) They are in season.
(d) They are in a siege.
8. What does Mother Courage rub on Kattrin's face to hide her beauty?
9. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
10. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A justified one.
(b) A short-lived one.
(c) A serious one.
(d) An ignorant one.
11. The young soldier says he won't stand for ________.
12. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) The Chaplain.
(c) His father.
(d) The Commander.
13. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
14. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
(a) He is ignorant.
(b) He is brave.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is a bad commander.
15. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
(a) To bolt the door.
(b) To put out a fire.
(c) To threaten her mother.
(d) To mend the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
2. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
3. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
4. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
5. What effect has Mother Courage had on the young soldier by the end of the scene?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)