|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the peasants stay out of the line of fire when the Catholic soldiers attack their farm?
(a) They were surprised.
(b) They thought it was a joke.
(c) They have a death wish.
(d) To protect their farm.
2. What religion are the peasants?
3. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
(a) To put out a fire.
(b) To mend the house.
(c) To bolt the door.
(d) To threaten her mother.
4. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Fifty hellers.
(b) Sixty hellers.
(c) Seventy hellers.
(d) Ten hellers.
5. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
(a) Because there is low demand.
(b) Because they don't work.
(c) Because he was ordered to.
(d) Because he needs the money.
6. Why does the older soldier tell the young soldier to be quiet?
(a) He's speaking nonsense.
(b) He can't be taken seriously.
(c) He's annoying.
(d) He'll be sent to the stocks.
7. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) Second Polish Regiment.
(b) First Finnish Regiment.
(c) Second Finnish Regiment.
(d) Third Polish Regiment.
8. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he never writes to her.
(b) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(c) Because he is cruel.
(d) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
9. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
(a) He is mean to Eilif.
(b) He is well read.
(c) He needs brave soldiers.
(d) He is respectful and tolerant.
10. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
(a) She sings from the kitchen.
(b) She calls out to him.
(c) She makes his favorite meal.
(d) She sends him a note.
11. When Mother Courage sees Kattrin with the board, she calls her a ________.
12. What happens to Yvette's first love?
(a) He died.
(b) He was unfaithful.
(c) She left him.
(d) He became wealthy.
13. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
(a) A plague.
(b) A princess.
(c) An eyesore.
(d) A captivating young person.
14. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
15. Mother Courage observes that Kattrin "sits, happy as a _______ in all this misery" of the suffering peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the clerk know about Mother Courage?
2. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
3. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
4. What animal whispers in "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
5. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)