Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
2. What does the clerk know about Mother Courage?
(a) She was hiding Swiss Cheese.
(b) She is a good businesswoman.
(c) She betrayed her children.
(d) She is a legend.
3. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
4. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) Fifty loaves of bread.
(b) An important message.
(c) Medical supplies.
(d) Her children.
5. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
(a) He is a bad commander.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He is brave.
6. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) The Chaplain.
(c) His father.
(d) The Commander.
7. What is the first soldier wearing?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A leather jacket.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A silk scarf.
8. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
(a) His future.
(b) The kindness of others.
(c) His commander's orders.
(d) Her love.
9. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To gain sympathy.
(c) To warn people.
(d) To tell the story of her love life.
10. Why does the young soldier think he deserves money?
(a) Because he was the only one who swam in the river.
(b) Because he never asked for any.
(c) Because he has been fighting for many years.
(d) Because he's honest.
11. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
12. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) Embarrassing his brother.
(b) Causing problems.
(c) In a fight.
(d) Making money.
13. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
(a) She is afraid of war.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She is a bad businesswoman.
(d) She doesn't care about her children.
14. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
15. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(b) Because he never writes to her.
(c) Because he is cruel.
(d) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
2. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
3. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
4. Why does the recruiting officer say you can't take a man's word anymore?
5. What does the recruiting officer think the army needs?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)