|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some time after Swiss Cheese has been killed, why is Mother Courage going to complain to the captain?
(a) Because he scared off her business.
(b) Because he treats soldiers badly.
(c) Because Swiss Cheese was wrongfully killed.
(d) Because her cart has been destroyed.
2. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
(b) Eternal life.
(c) His friendship.
(d) Money and fame.
3. Why does Kattrin run into the peasants' dilapidated house?
(a) There's a baby inside.
(b) Her mother's supplies are inside.
(c) Mother Courage told her to.
(d) She has a death wish.
4. What does Eilif want from Mother Courage when he sends her a message?
(a) A wife.
5. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
6. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
(a) Mother Courage.
(b) The soldiers.
(d) The Cook.
7. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
(a) There are soldiers inside.
(b) There's a gas leak.
(c) Mother Courage told her not to.
(d) The roof is going to fall in.
8. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
(a) Fifty hellers.
(b) Twenty hellers.
(c) Ten hellers.
(d) One guilder.
9. When Mother Courage sees Kattrin with the board, she calls her a ________.
10. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
11. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
12. When Kattrin puts on Yvette's clothes, what about Yvette does she imitate?
(a) Her batting eyelashes.
(b) Her sexy walk.
(c) Her manly walk.
(d) Her blank face.
13. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's ill.
(b) Because she's depressed.
(c) Because she's bored.
(d) Because she's an alcoholic.
14. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
(a) The Commander is giving him lots of money.
(b) He has been invited to dinner.
(c) The Commander laughs at Eilif's jokes.
(d) Eilif got a promotion.
15. How long must Mother Courage wait to make her complaint to the captain?
(a) A day or two.
(b) Until the captain has time.
(c) Until after the young soldier.
(d) 20 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
2. People avoid Yvette like a ______ because they think she's sick.
3. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
4. What is the first soldier wearing?
5. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)