|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
(a) The roof is going to fall in.
(b) Mother Courage told her not to.
(c) There's a gas leak.
(d) There are soldiers inside.
2. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
3. Why does the young soldier think he deserves money?
(a) Because he's honest.
(b) Because he was the only one who swam in the river.
(c) Because he never asked for any.
(d) Because he has been fighting for many years.
4. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) His father.
(b) The Commander.
(c) The Chaplain.
(d) Julius Caesar.
5. Mother Courage tells Kattrin that ____ is a gift from God.
(a) Good sense.
6. How long must Mother Courage wait to make her complaint to the captain?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) Until after the young soldier.
(c) Until the captain has time.
(d) A day or two.
7. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
(a) To threaten her mother.
(b) To mend the house.
(c) To bolt the door.
(d) To put out a fire.
8. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
(a) Because she read it in a book.
(b) Because she is religious.
(c) Because death is black.
(d) Because she saw it in her dream.
9. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
10. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Complain to someone else.
(d) Not complain.
11. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) Second Polish Regiment.
(b) First Finnish Regiment.
(c) Second Finnish Regiment.
(d) Third Polish Regiment.
12. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's an alcoholic.
(b) Because she's ill.
(c) Because she's depressed.
(d) Because she's bored.
13. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
(a) Because he was ordered to.
(b) Because there is low demand.
(c) Because they don't work.
(d) Because he needs the money.
14. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
(a) Under some clothes.
(b) Under the mattress.
(c) In his bag.
(d) In another tent.
15. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
2. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
3. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
4. Why does the older soldier tell the young soldier to be quiet?
5. What does the sergeant claim is hypocritical of Mother Courage?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)