|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
(a) To bolt the door.
(b) To mend the house.
(c) To threaten her mother.
(d) To put out a fire.
2. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To gain sympathy.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To tell the story of her love life.
(d) To warn people.
3. When Mother Courage sees Kattrin with the board, she calls her a ________.
4. When Kattrin puts on Yvette's clothes, what about Yvette does she imitate?
(a) Her batting eyelashes.
(b) Her manly walk.
(c) Her blank face.
(d) Her sexy walk.
5. People avoid Yvette like a ______ because they think she's sick.
(b) Stinking fish.
(d) Tax collector.
6. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
(a) To pass a note to Kattrin.
(b) To make fire kindling.
(c) To make a statement.
(d) To tell their futures.
7. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
8. Why does Kattrin run into the peasants' dilapidated house?
(a) She has a death wish.
(b) There's a baby inside.
(c) Her mother's supplies are inside.
(d) Mother Courage told her to.
9. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
(a) She calls out to him.
(b) She sends him a note.
(c) She makes his favorite meal.
(d) She sings from the kitchen.
10. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
11. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A serious one.
(b) A short-lived one.
(c) A justified one.
(d) An ignorant one.
12. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
(a) They have none.
(b) Throwing it away.
(c) Selling it.
(d) Hiding it.
13. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) The Commander.
(c) The Chaplain.
(d) His father.
14. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
(a) The fur coat.
(b) His brandy.
(c) One guilder.
(d) His shoes.
15. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because it's about him.
(b) Because it is the commander's favorite.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) Because his mother taught him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
2. Mother Courage says the young soldier listens to her because _______________.
3. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
4. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
5. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)