|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother Courage make herself known to Eilif?
(a) She sends him a note.
(b) She makes his favorite meal.
(c) She calls out to him.
(d) She sings from the kitchen.
2. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's an alcoholic.
(b) Because she's bored.
(c) Because she's depressed.
(d) Because she's ill.
3. Why does Mother Courage tear slips of paper?
(a) To tell their futures.
(b) To make a statement.
(c) To pass a note to Kattrin.
(d) To make fire kindling.
4. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he never writes to her.
(b) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
(c) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
(d) Because he is cruel.
5. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
6. Mother Courage observes that Kattrin "sits, happy as a _______ in all this misery" of the suffering peasants.
7. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
(a) Eilif got a promotion.
(b) He has been invited to dinner.
(c) The Commander is giving him lots of money.
(d) The Commander laughs at Eilif's jokes.
8. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
(a) It could live forever.
(b) It had many children.
(c) It was magical.
(d) It was intelligent.
9. Why won't Mother Courage help the peasant family that was injured in the attack on their farm?
(a) Because they're Protestants.
(b) Because they are thieves.
(c) Because they deserved what happened to them.
(d) Because they don't have any money.
10. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A serious one.
(b) A short-lived one.
(c) A justified one.
(d) An ignorant one.
11. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Not complain.
(c) Complain to someone else.
(d) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
12. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) An important message.
(b) Fifty loaves of bread.
(c) Her children.
(d) Medical supplies.
13. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
14. What does Eilif want from Mother Courage when he sends her a message?
(c) A wife.
15. What body part is one of the peasants missing after their farm is attacked?
(a) Some fingers.
(b) An arm.
(c) A leg.
(d) A foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are the peasants?
2. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
3. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
4. What bible passage does the chaplain quote after Eilif's story?
5. Why won't Swiss Cheese steal the money from the pay box?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)