|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
2. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
(a) Quit the army.
(b) Sabotage the army.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Steal his wife.
3. Why does the officer sell bullets for such a cheap price?
(a) Because they don't work.
(b) Because he was ordered to.
(c) Because there is low demand.
(d) Because he needs the money.
4. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
(a) A princess.
(b) A plague.
(c) A captivating young person.
(d) An eyesore.
5. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
(a) It could live forever.
(b) It had many children.
(c) It was intelligent.
(d) It was magical.
6. What does the clerk know about Mother Courage?
(a) She was hiding Swiss Cheese.
(b) She is a good businesswoman.
(c) She betrayed her children.
(d) She is a legend.
7. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
(a) Because she's bored.
(b) Because she's an alcoholic.
(c) Because she's depressed.
(d) Because she's ill.
8. What regiment is Mother Courage's family from?
(a) Second Polish Regiment.
(b) First Finnish Regiment.
(c) Third Polish Regiment.
(d) Second Finnish Regiment.
9. What is the sergeant's problem with peace?
(a) He doesn't make any money.
(b) There is no organization.
(c) Peace is boring.
(d) He has to see his wife more.
10. What would it look like if Mother Courage backed out on her complaint to the captain?
(a) She is indifferent to bullying.
(b) She doesn't care about her children.
(c) She is a bad businesswoman.
(d) She has a bad conscience.
11. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) Causing problems.
(b) In a fight.
(c) Embarrassing his brother.
(d) Making money.
12. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Not complain.
(b) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Complain to someone else.
13. Why does Mother Courage have her opinion of the commander?
(a) He needs brave soldiers.
(b) He is mean to Eilif.
(c) He is well read.
(d) He is respectful and tolerant.
14. The older soldier says that the young soldier is ______.
15. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To gain sympathy.
(b) To warn people.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To tell the story of her love life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
2. Why does Mother Courage draw a black cross for "death"?
3. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
4. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
5. What does the recruiting officer offer Eilif if he joins the army?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)