|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To get money.
(c) To tell a story.
(d) To calm the soldier.
2. What does Eilif want from Mother Courage when he sends her a message?
(d) A wife.
3. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
4. Why won't Mother Courage help the peasant family that was injured in the attack on their farm?
(a) Because they're Protestants.
(b) Because they don't have any money.
(c) Because they deserved what happened to them.
(d) Because they are thieves.
5. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A serious one.
(b) An ignorant one.
(c) A short-lived one.
(d) A justified one.
6. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
(a) It was intelligent.
(b) It had many children.
(c) It could live forever.
(d) It was magical.
7. Why does Mother Courage claim her price is a good one for a bird at this time?
(a) They are going extinct.
(b) They are in high demand.
(c) They are in season.
(d) They are in a siege.
8. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Complain to someone else.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Not complain.
(d) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
9. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
10. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
(a) 50 hellers.
(b) 10 hellers.
(c) 3 guilders.
(d) 2 guilders.
11. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
(a) Under some clothes.
(b) In another tent.
(c) Under the mattress.
(d) In his bag.
12. Why does the young soldier think he deserves money?
(a) Because he was the only one who swam in the river.
(b) Because he never asked for any.
(c) Because he's honest.
(d) Because he has been fighting for many years.
13. What is the sergeant's problem with peace?
(a) Peace is boring.
(b) He has to see his wife more.
(c) He doesn't make any money.
(d) There is no organization.
14. Where is Kattrin's father from?
15. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
(a) One guilder.
(b) Twenty hellers.
(c) Ten hellers.
(d) Fifty hellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
2. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
3. Why is the young soldier complaining to the captain?
4. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
5. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)