|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
2. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
(a) They are impossible to find.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She used them herself.
(d) She sold them all to soldiers.
3. Why does the chaplain need linen?
(a) To mend the tent.
(b) To sew with.
(c) To bandage the peasants.
(d) To sleep on.
4. Who is the young soldier angry at by the end of Scene 4?
(a) Mother Courage.
(b) The Clerk.
(c) The Older Soldier.
(d) The Captain.
5. How much does Mother Courage try to sell the capon to the Cook for?
(a) Sixty hellers.
(b) Ten hellers.
(c) Seventy hellers.
(d) Fifty hellers.
6. How cheaply does the officer sell bullets for?
(a) 3 guilders.
(b) 10 hellers.
(c) 2 guilders.
(d) 50 hellers.
7. What is Mother Courage's opinion of the commander?
(a) He is ignorant.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is brave.
(d) He is a bad commander.
8. What happens to Yvette's first love?
(a) He died.
(b) He was unfaithful.
(c) He became wealthy.
(d) She left him.
9. What does Mother Courage take from the soldier as payment?
(a) The fur coat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) One guilder.
(d) His brandy.
10. Mother Courage observes that there is no ______ in being seated.
11. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) Making money.
(b) In a fight.
(c) Embarrassing his brother.
(d) Causing problems.
12. What does Mother Courage decide to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Not complain.
(b) Defend the young soldier's complaint.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Complain to someone else.
13. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
(a) Quit the army.
(b) Sabotage the army.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Steal his wife.
14. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because it is the commander's favorite.
(b) Because his mother taught him.
(c) Because it's about him.
(d) To pass the time.
15. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kattrin get very anxious while the injured peasants are in her tent?
2. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
3. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
4. Why does Yvette drink in the morning?
5. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)