|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would it look like if Mother Courage backed out on her complaint to the captain?
(a) She is indifferent to bullying.
(b) She doesn't care about her children.
(c) She is a bad businesswoman.
(d) She has a bad conscience.
2. When Kattrin puts on Yvette's clothes, what about Yvette does she imitate?
(a) Her blank face.
(b) Her manly walk.
(c) Her batting eyelashes.
(d) Her sexy walk.
3. Why won't Swiss Cheese steal the money from the pay box?
(a) He is too honest and simple.
(b) His mother told him not to.
(c) It is locked.
(d) There isn't any money.
4. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
(a) Because they're expensive.
(b) Because it's disrespectful.
(c) Because she doesn't have very many.
(d) Because she has a low opinion of peasants.
5. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
(a) He doesn't fight.
(b) He meets nice girls.
(c) He is well respected.
(d) He earns good money.
6. What does the chaplain call Kattrin?
(a) A captivating young person.
(b) A plague.
(c) An eyesore.
(d) A princess.
7. What does Eilif want from Mother Courage when he sends her a message?
(d) A wife.
8. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(a) Ran away.
9. When Eilif wants to join the army, Mother Courage tells him he's never happy until he's _______.
(a) In a fight.
(b) Causing problems.
(c) Embarrassing his brother.
(d) Making money.
10. Where does Scene 5 take place?
11. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
(b) Mother Courage.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The Cook.
12. What kind of rage does Mother Courage think the young soldier has?
(a) A justified one.
(b) A short-lived one.
(c) An ignorant one.
(d) A serious one.
13. What is Swiss Cheese's real name?
14. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Her children.
(c) An important message.
(d) Fifty loaves of bread.
15. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) A decade.
(d) 8 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the cook end up buying the capon for?
2. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
3. Why is the young soldier complaining to the captain?
4. Where does Swiss Cheese plan to hide the pay box?
5. What is so special about the capon Mother Courage tries to sell?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)