|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mother Courage angry with Eilif after he attacks the peasants?
(a) Because he never writes to her.
(b) Because he is cruel.
(c) Because he didn't surrender to the peasants.
(d) Because he doesn't earn enough money.
2. Where is Kattrin's father from?
3. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
4. Why doesn't Mother Courage have any bandages to help the peasants with?
(a) She used them herself.
(b) She sold them all to soldiers.
(c) They are impossible to find.
(d) She was robbed.
5. Why shouldn't Kattrin run in to the peasants' house?
(a) Mother Courage told her not to.
(b) There are soldiers inside.
(c) The roof is going to fall in.
(d) There's a gas leak.
6. Who does Eilif aspire to be like?
(a) The Commander.
(b) The Chaplain.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) His father.
7. What does the young solder threaten he will do to the captain?
(a) Quit the army.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Sabotage the army.
(d) Steal his wife.
8. In Eilif's story, what does he do when the peasants have him cornered?
(c) Ran away.
9. What does Mother Courage rub on Kattrin's face to hide her beauty?
10. Why does Eilif sing "The Song of the Wise Woman and the Soldier"?
(a) Because his mother taught him.
(b) Because it's about him.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) Because it is the commander's favorite.
11. What animal whispers in "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A cat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
12. What are the peasants Eilif attacks doing with their food?
(a) Selling it.
(b) They have none.
(c) Hiding it.
(d) Throwing it away.
13. What body part is one of the peasants missing after their farm is attacked?
(a) Some fingers.
(b) A foot.
(c) A leg.
(d) An arm.
14. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
15. Swiss Cheese takes after a _____ man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Courage thinks Eilif should be ashamed of himself for speculating about ______________.
2. Mother Courage calls Eilif her brave and ____ son.
3. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
4. Why does Mother Courage sing "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
5. When her mother doesn't help the peasants, why does Kattrin pick up the wooden board in the tent?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)