|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People avoid Yvette like a ______ because they think she's sick.
(a) Tax collector.
(c) Stinking fish.
2. What does Mother Courage run with through the bombardment, giving her her nickname?
(a) Medical supplies.
(b) Her children.
(c) An important message.
(d) Fifty loaves of bread.
3. What isn't Mother Courage lending out to soldiers when the Catholic soldiers invade the camp?
4. Why does Yvette sing "The Fraternization Song"?
(a) To tell the story of her love life.
(b) To gain sympathy.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To warn people.
5. Why won't Mother Courage use her officers' shirts as bandages?
(a) Because it's disrespectful.
(b) Because she has a low opinion of peasants.
(c) Because she doesn't have very many.
(d) Because they're expensive.
6. What animal whispers in "The Song of Great Capitulation"?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A snake.
7. Who is saying Yvette is sick?
(a) The soldiers.
(c) Mother Courage.
(d) The Cook.
8. What does Mother Courage compare the officers taking her son into the army to?
(a) A lamb to the slaughter.
(b) Taking candy from a baby.
(c) A moth to a flame.
(d) Easy as pie.
9. What solace does Mother Courage take from Swiss Cheese's job in the army?
(a) He is well respected.
(b) He meets nice girls.
(c) He earns good money.
(d) He doesn't fight.
10. What does Mother Courage compare mixing the slips of paper in the helmet to?
(b) A garden.
(c) Dust in the wind.
(d) A mother's womb.
11. What effect has Mother Courage had on the young soldier by the end of the scene?
(a) She has motivated him more.
(b) She has converted him to Christianity.
(c) She has calmed him.
(d) She has had no effect.
12. Where in the world is Mother Courage's family from?
13. Mother Courage is afraid they will make Kattrin a ____ if the soldiers see her in Yvette's clothes.
14. In the commander's opinion, what does Eilif still believe in?
15. Why does Mother Courage think Eilif is in high favor of the commander?
(a) Eilif got a promotion.
(b) The Commander laughs at Eilif's jokes.
(c) He has been invited to dinner.
(d) The Commander is giving him lots of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first soldier wearing?
2. What is Mother Courage's advice to Kattrin about soldiers?
3. How long has it been since Mother Courage has seen Eilif?
4. How long must Mother Courage wait to make her complaint to the captain?
5. Where does Scene 5 take place?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)