|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ of those who have enough money to live comfortably irritates Mother Teresa, according to the book.
2. Mother Teresa doesn't like it when people _________ things they could still use, according to the book.
3. Mother Teresa recalls the story of a person who was living alone in __________, only to die alone in his/her apartment.
4. Christians are often ________ to those who wish to know Christ better, according to Mother Teresa.
5. Mother Teresa believes that every person is called on to love every _________, no matter who they are.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is beautiful, according to Mother Teresa, in reference to being with the elderly, according to the book?
2. What does Mother Teresa want humanity to decide to do for the rest of the world,according to the book?
3. What does the AIDS patient identity with as a part of their life in order to deal with the pain, according to the book?
4. What are the types of poverty that Mother Teresa mentions in the beginning of this section?
5. What did Mother Teresa do with the money that she received from the Nobel Peace Prize?
6. What does Mother Teresa say is the one thing which can destroy everything, according to her ideas about life?
7. What does Mother Teresa see herself as carrying with her as a result of her work with the poor?
8. What does Mother Teresa believe to be true about the idea of war and the killing of others?
9. What does Mother Teresa believe that people should do with their money, according to the book?
10. What happened to the woman who died alone in her apartment in New York, according to Mother Teresa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sisters once prayed in order to make the rain stop in the square, praying so hard they didn't ever realize the rain had stopped.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to pray for the rain to stop?
Part 2: Why do you think the sisters felt it was a good idea to pray for rain to stop?
Part 3: What things might you pray for if you knew the prayer would come true?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa simply wants to give people some human dignity when they are living in miserable conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think Teresa feels dignity is so important to maintain?
Part 2: What might happen to you if you were to lose your dignity?
Part 3: How do you preserve your dignity today in this modern world?
Essay Topic 3
War can not be just, according to Mother Teresa. No human should end the life of another human being.
Part 1: Why do you think that Mother Teresa feels no war is just?
Part 2: Do you agree that no war can ever be just?
Part 3: How do you think the world would work if the only wars fought were the just ones?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)