|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Teresa states that a person's life will be judged by the way that he/she ___________.
2. God does ___________ sin, though a person should always try to not sin again, according to Mother Teresa.
3. The first person to welcome Jesus into the world was John the Baptist, or a man in the __________.
4. Those dependent on money, according to Mother Teresa, are the ones that are truly __________.
5. The __________ of those who have enough money to live comfortably irritates Mother Teresa, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is beautiful, according to Mother Teresa, in reference to being with the elderly, according to the book?
2. What does the AIDS patient identity with as a part of their life in order to deal with the pain, according to the book?
3. What should happen if someone in the world every feels alone and abandoned, according to the book?
4. What does Mother Teresa have to say about those who are truly dependent on money and on the making of money?
5. What did the people in the senior's home in England want besides to be treated well by the staff?
6. What happened to the woman who died alone in her apartment in New York, according to Mother Teresa?
7. What are the types of poverty that Mother Teresa mentions in the beginning of this section?
8. What does Mother Teresa believe that people should do with their money, according to the book?
9. What does Mother Teresa think people lack the standing to do in their lives, according to the book?
10. What does Mother Teresa says drives people into addictions, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teresa points out that disgust is something that is normal, but getting over it is a sign of heroism.
Part 1: Do you think that you would be disgusted by the poor and by the sick?
Part 2: How do you think a person gets over their feelings of disgust for others?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important for a person to get over their feelings of disgust when helping others?
Essay Topic 2
Mother Teresa does not care for money, according to her own admission.
Part 1: Why do you think Teresa feels that money is not a good thing?
Part 2: What do you think about money? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
Part 3: Why do you think that money could be a good thing, if it is used wisely?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering gives us a chance to show others love and compassion, according to Mother Teresa.
Part 1: Do you agree with Mother Teresa that suffering has much to teach us?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no suffering?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to have a world without suffering?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)