|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Teresa doesn't think people should only be satisfied by giving away ________.
2. God wants people to do small things with great _________, according to Mother Teresa.
3. Mother Teresa feels that if people want to change the social structures in the world, they should take it up with _________.
4. ___________ is a good role model for familial obedience, according to Mother Teresa, as she says in her writings.
5. In Mexico, Mother Teresa points out that the sisters were first asked about ___________ not about food and clothing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother Teresa believe to be true about the idea of war and the killing of others?
2. What irritates Mother Teresa about the people who have more money than others and have earned privilege through their work?
3. What did the people in the senior's home in England want besides to be treated well by the staff?
4. What does Mother Teresa have to say about those who are truly dependent on money and on the making of money?
5. What does Mother Teresa says drives people into addictions, according to the book?
6. What did Mother Teresa do with the money that she received from the Nobel Peace Prize?
7. What does Mother Teresa think people lack the standing to do in their lives, according to the book?
8. What happened to the woman who died alone in her apartment in New York, according to Mother Teresa?
9. What does Jesus encourage people to resist in their lives as it's not clear why people act the way they do?
10. What was the reason why the girl would not take the food that was offered to her by Mother Teresa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teresa notes that we must be happy in the face of pain, according to one of her quotes.
Part 1: Do you agree that people need to be happy in the face of pain?
Part 2: How do you think a person can be happy in the face of pain?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important that one be happy in the face of pain?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa note that holiness is a duty that everyone must take on, according to one of her many quotes.
Part 1: Why do you think holiness is a duty that everyone must take on?
Part 2: What is another duty that you think others should always take on? Why?
Part 3: How do you think a person's life changes when they are holy in all that the do?
Essay Topic 3
Mother Teresa was a woman who was focused on helping others and little else.
Part 1: Why do you think Teresa was only inspired to help others in her life?
Part 2: What might happen if a person is not taking care of themselves as well during their life?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change if you were only focused on helping others?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)