|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To pray to Christ is to _______ him, according to the ideas of Mother Teresa in this book.
2. In particular, Mother Teresa says that a person should meet those who are poor in ________ and in spirit.
3. What was the item which was in severe shortage in Calcutta one year, causing people to ration what they had?
4. The larger group that Mother Teresa ended up creating was called the Helpers of ___________, which was later the Helpers of Mother Teresa.
5. The Prime Minister of __________ wanted to expel all of the missionaries except for those run by Mother Teresa.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother Teresa say can increase one's faith when it seems to be diminished, according to the book?
2. What does the book's author tell the reader is the reason why Mother Teresa never wrote her own book?
3. What does Mother Teresa think would make politicians better politicians in the end, according to the book?
4. What is the act that Jesus provides for His followers that is noted as significant in the stories?
5. Why doesn't Mother Teresa agree that work and prayer are exclusive activities?
6. What is the 'sickness' that Mother Teresa believes that there is no cure for, unless another helps them?
7. What does Mother Teresa believe a person will be judged by when they are about to go into Heaven?
8. What do the poor want, according to the observances of Mother Teresa?
9. What are the sources of the quotes that have been attributed to Mother Teresa in this book?
10. What does Mother Teresa see as the difference in the way that Europe sees its poor versus how India sees its poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Other groups have arisen out of the service that Teresa and her nuns have provided.
Part 1: Do you think that one group always inspires other groups?
Part 2: Why do you think Teresa's group was so inspiring to others?
Part 3: How do you think you could change your life in order to emulate the work of Teresa?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa talks about how even the poorest families she knows still give their rice to others who seem to be in more dire circumstances.
Part 1: What do you think motivates people to help others?
Part 2: Why do you think a poor family would give all that they have to someone else?
Part 3: Do you think that you would be able to give away your last pieces of food, even if you were starving?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering gives us a chance to show others love and compassion, according to Mother Teresa.
Part 1: Do you agree with Mother Teresa that suffering has much to teach us?
Part 2: How do you think the world might change if there was no suffering?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to have a world without suffering?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)