|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Loving and serving the poor means giving the ________ one loves best, not just the leftovers that are available.
2. The _______ are anyone who lives their lives according to God's law, according to the sayings of Mother Teresa.
3. One must go beyond the ___________ in order to become a saint, according to Mother Teresa.
4. Mother Teresa believes that doing God's work for his _______ will bring about the sanctification of a person.
5. Material means, according to Mother Teresa, often leave a person dependent on ___________, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mother Teresa agree that work and prayer are exclusive activities?
2. What was the main goal of Mother Teresa, according to the introduction of this book?
3. What does Mother Teresa see as the difference in the way that Europe sees its poor versus how India sees its poor?
4. What does Mother Teresa believe the end result of doing God's work for his glory will be?
5. What is the 'sickness' that Mother Teresa believes that there is no cure for, unless another helps them?
6. What was the second call that Mother Teresa received when she moved to India and was working as a nun?
7. What does the Hindu family with eight children do when they have not eaten in days, according to the book?
8. What does Saint Francis do as an act of unconditional love and support for the poor, according to the book?
9. What do the poor want, according to the observances of Mother Teresa?
10. Why does the couple decide to give the money for their wedding to Mother Teresa instead of having a big wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teresa talks about how even the poorest families she knows still give their rice to others who seem to be in more dire circumstances.
Part 1: What do you think motivates people to help others?
Part 2: Why do you think a poor family would give all that they have to someone else?
Part 3: Do you think that you would be able to give away your last pieces of food, even if you were starving?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa notes that we must be happy in the face of pain, according to one of her quotes.
Part 1: Do you agree that people need to be happy in the face of pain?
Part 2: How do you think a person can be happy in the face of pain?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important that one be happy in the face of pain?
Essay Topic 3
The sisters once prayed in order to make the rain stop in the square, praying so hard they didn't ever realize the rain had stopped.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to pray for the rain to stop?
Part 2: Why do you think the sisters felt it was a good idea to pray for rain to stop?
Part 3: What things might you pray for if you knew the prayer would come true?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)