|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of family did the Hindu family give their extra food in order to prevent them from starving?
2. What was the name of the first order in which Mother Teresa was trained and was sent to India? Sisters of Out Lady of ____________.
3. To where did Mother Teresa move when she was ready to start the next phase of becoming a nun, according to the book?
4. The school where Mother Teresa was working was mainly full of students who were from ___________ European backgrounds.
5. When a person _________, he/she cannot give and the more one haves, the more he/she is able to share.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the book's author tell the reader is the reason why Mother Teresa never wrote her own book?
2. What does the Hindu man say when he is asked what a Christian is, according to the text in the book?
3. What does Mother Teresa say that countries should worry more about rather than defending their borders?
4. What is the excuse that Mother Teresa doesn't think people should believe in regards to holiness?
5. What did Mother Teresa do for the young children with whom she began to work within her new order?
6. What is the act that Jesus provides for His followers that is noted as significant in the stories?
7. What does Mother Teresa believe the end result of doing God's work for his glory will be?
8. Why did Mother Teresa moved to India after her time in Ireland, according to the introduction?
9. What does Mother Teresa say should worry us at death since the idea of death should not worry us?
10. What is necessary in the act of true love, as evidenced by the actions of Jesus when He hangs on the cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teresa says that if the sisters are able to maintain their faith, then they do not have anything to fear.
Part 1: Do you think that this is a reasonable idea for Teresa to have?
Part 2: How might faith keep someone safe? Can it?
Part 3: What other ideas might Teresa and her sisters might try in order to stay safe?
Essay Topic 2
Dying in peace with God is thought to be the greatest thing, according to Mother Teresa.
Part 1: Why would a person want to die in peace?
Part 2: How do you think people try to die in peace? How might they attempt to settle their affairs before dying?
Part 3: Do you think it's always possible to die in peace?
Essay Topic 3
Teresa only acted on a feeling that she had about the things that God wanted her to do.
Part 1: Do you believe that acting on a feeling can be a positive thing?
Part 2: Why do you think Teresa never questioned her feelings?
Part 3: How do you think Teresa's life might have turned out if she hadn't acted on her feelings?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)