|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Teresa thinks that people should ________ themselves not for pleasure but only to keep themselves healthy.
2. Mother Teresa believes that one must ________ to the point of sacrifice as this is how God will begin to see this love and pay attention to it.
3. Loving and serving the poor means giving the ________ one loves best, not just the leftovers that are available.
4. Mother Teresa believed that countries need to be focusing on giving their people _________ more than they need to give them anything else.
5. Mother Teresa says that _______ should not worry a person, but the lack of saintliness upon one's death bed.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the excuse that Mother Teresa doesn't think people should believe in regards to holiness?
2. What does Mother Teresa say can increase one's faith when it seems to be diminished, according to the book?
3. Why does Mother Teresa believe that the secret to Christianity is prayer?
4. What does Mother Teresa think would make politicians better politicians in the end, according to the book?
5. What did Mother Teresa do for the young children with whom she began to work within her new order?
6. What does Saint Francis do as an act of unconditional love and support for the poor, according to the book?
7. Why did Mother Teresa moved to India after her time in Ireland, according to the introduction?
8. Why does the couple decide to give the money for their wedding to Mother Teresa instead of having a big wedding?
9. What are the sources of the quotes that have been attributed to Mother Teresa in this book?
10. What is the 'sickness' that Mother Teresa believes that there is no cure for, unless another helps them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teresa notes that living among the poor is the reality and it is the only way to not live superficially.
Part 1: Do you think you would be able to live with the poor?
Part 2: Why do you think living with the poor is the reality, according to Teresa?
Part 3: How do you think you might be able to live less superficially with the poor, even if you can't live with them?
Essay Topic 2
Teresa says that if the sisters are able to maintain their faith, then they do not have anything to fear.
Part 1: Do you think that this is a reasonable idea for Teresa to have?
Part 2: How might faith keep someone safe? Can it?
Part 3: What other ideas might Teresa and her sisters might try in order to stay safe?
Essay Topic 3
Teresa simply wants to give people some human dignity when they are living in miserable conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think Teresa feels dignity is so important to maintain?
Part 2: What might happen to you if you were to lose your dignity?
Part 3: How do you preserve your dignity today in this modern world?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)