|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked what a Christian was, a Hindu man explained that a Christian was a person who ___________.
2. Mother Teresa says that a person needs to ask God to help them be ___________ in their lives.
3. Mother Teresa once told a person in the Chinese government that she feels __________ are children of God too.
4. Mother Teresa believes that those who say their lives are too _______ for prayer are wrong in what they are saying.
5. Mother Teresa believed that countries need to be focusing on giving their people _________ more than they need to give them anything else.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mother Teresa do for the young children with whom she began to work within her new order?
2. What does the Hindu family with eight children do when they have not eaten in days, according to the book?
3. Why does Mother Teresa believe that the secret to Christianity is prayer?
4. What is necessary in the act of true love, as evidenced by the actions of Jesus when He hangs on the cross?
5. What do the poor want, according to the observances of Mother Teresa?
6. What does Mother Teresa say can increase one's faith when it seems to be diminished, according to the book?
7. What does Mother Teresa believe the end result of doing God's work for his glory will be?
8. Why did Mother Teresa moved to India after her time in Ireland, according to the introduction?
9. What does the young boy do for Mother Teresa during the sugar shortage in Calcutta, according to the book?
10. Why doesn't Mother Teresa agree that work and prayer are exclusive activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mother Teresa was a woman who was focused on helping others and little else.
Part 1: Why do you think Teresa was only inspired to help others in her life?
Part 2: What might happen if a person is not taking care of themselves as well during their life?
Part 3: How do you think your life would change if you were only focused on helping others?
Essay Topic 2
Love and generosity must begin at home if we want it to continue to spread in the world, according to Teresa.
Part 1: Why do you think that goodness has to begin at home?
Part 2: How do you think a person could cultivate goodness at home?
Part 3: In what way might the world change if all people were able to have love and generosity at home?
Essay Topic 3
Teresa only acted on a feeling that she had about the things that God wanted her to do.
Part 1: Do you believe that acting on a feeling can be a positive thing?
Part 2: Why do you think Teresa never questioned her feelings?
Part 3: How do you think Teresa's life might have turned out if she hadn't acted on her feelings?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)