|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days did the boy not eat sugar in order to give his portion to Mother Teresa as a gift?
2. What is the name of the house that Mother Teresa would open later in order to help another group of people? Home for the ____________.
3. In order to be a saint, Mother Teresa said, you need to want to be a ___________, as the book states.
(b) Poor person.
4. The first group of people with whom Mother Teresa worked were ___________ and the group helped them with basic needs.
(a) The elderly.
5. Mother Teresa says that prayer produces _______ and that produces love and the ability to serve others.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Mother Teresa move when she was ready to start the next phase of becoming a nun, according to the book?
2. The poor have __________ and need to be treated as equals, according to Mother Teresa when she speaks of this in her book.
3. Mother Teresa's first order was one that was dedicated to ______ of all, rich and poor alike, according to the book.
4. Mother Teresa does not believe that you need to be ________ in order to become a saint or to do good work in the world.
5. In what year was Mother Teresa's second calling to be of service to God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas Aquinas have to say about the idea of holiness, according to Mother Teresa?
2. What was the second call that Mother Teresa received when she moved to India and was working as a nun?
3. What did Mother Teresa do for the young children with whom she began to work within her new order?
4. What does Mother Teresa say should worry us at death since the idea of death should not worry us?
5. What does Mother Teresa see as the difference in the way that Europe sees its poor versus how India sees its poor?
6. What does Mother Teresa say the purpose of feeding ourselves should be, according to her life?
7. What does the book's author tell the reader is the reason why Mother Teresa never wrote her own book?
8. What does Mother Teresa say that countries should worry more about rather than defending their borders?
9. What does the young boy do for Mother Teresa during the sugar shortage in Calcutta, according to the book?
10. What does Saint Francis do as an act of unconditional love and support for the poor, according to the book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)