|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT one of the things that Mother Teresa did for the children when she would first pick them up in the park?
(a) Take them to their convent.
(b) Teach them the alphabet.
(c) Teach them good hygiene.
(d) Read to them.
2. One should constantly pray during _________, according to Mother Teresa, as this will help to support the process.
3. When a person _________, he/she cannot give and the more one haves, the more he/she is able to share.
(a) Doesn't understand.
4. Give until it ________, according to the teachings of Mother Teresa, and then give some more.
(a) Doesn't matter anymore.
(c) Is gone.
5. Experiencing _______ is normal and human, but overcoming it is a heroic act, according to Mother Teresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother Teresa's main goal in all of her work was to serve the _________, according to the book.
2. The most authentic _________, according to Mother Teresa, is the one that focuses on love.
3. Following Saint ___________, Mother Teresa believes that the poor are the masters of the people and that they must be treated as equals.
4. The _______ are anyone who lives their lives according to God's law, according to the sayings of Mother Teresa.
5. Mother Teresa feels that if people worry too much about themselves, they will not be able to worry about ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the excuse that Mother Teresa doesn't think people should believe in regards to holiness?
2. Why does Mother Teresa believe that the secret to Christianity is prayer?
3. What is necessary in the act of true love, as evidenced by the actions of Jesus when He hangs on the cross?
4. What does Thomas Aquinas have to say about the idea of holiness, according to Mother Teresa?
5. Why did Mother Teresa moved to India after her time in Ireland, according to the introduction?
6. What was the second call that Mother Teresa received when she moved to India and was working as a nun?
7. What does Mother Teresa believe the end result of doing God's work for his glory will be?
8. What does Mother Teresa say the purpose of feeding ourselves should be, according to her life?
9. What does Mother Teresa think would make politicians better politicians in the end, according to the book?
10. What does Mother Teresa point out to be two qualities in the poor which are overlooked by most?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)