|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Material means, according to Mother Teresa, often leave a person dependent on ___________, according to the book.
(c) The Bible.
2. Mother Teresa says that prayer produces _______ and that produces love and the ability to serve others.
3. Mother Teresa's first order was one that was dedicated to ______ of all, rich and poor alike, according to the book.
4. What was the name of the first order in which Mother Teresa was trained and was sent to India? Sisters of Out Lady of ____________.
5. God is pleased, Mother Teresa believes, when people pray the ________ that Jesus taught.
(c) Our Father.
(d) Blessed Be.
Short Answer Questions
1. In particular, Mother Teresa says that a person should meet those who are poor in ________ and in spirit.
2. When a person _________, he/she cannot give and the more one haves, the more he/she is able to share.
3. Mother Teresa named her new group the Missionaries of ___________, which then went on to help many poor people.
4. An Italian child sent a letter to Mother Teresa after his First ___________, giving her the gifts that he had received.
5. Good works are the links which will form a chain of _______, according to the beliefs of Mother Teresa in this book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mother Teresa do when she received her first call to the ministry when she was a young woman?
2. What does Mother Teresa believe the end result of doing God's work for his glory will be?
3. What does Mother Teresa say that countries should worry more about rather than defending their borders?
4. What does Mother Teresa say can increase one's faith when it seems to be diminished, according to the book?
5. Why doesn't Mother Teresa agree that work and prayer are exclusive activities?
6. What does Mother Teresa say the purpose of feeding ourselves should be, according to her life?
7. What does the Hindu family with eight children do when they have not eaten in days, according to the book?
8. What does Mother Teresa point out to be two qualities in the poor which are overlooked by most?
9. What does the book's author tell the reader is the reason why Mother Teresa never wrote her own book?
10. What does Saint Francis do as an act of unconditional love and support for the poor, according to the book?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)