|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christ will transform love itself into __________, according to one of Mother Teresa's ideas.
2. The poor have __________ and need to be treated as equals, according to Mother Teresa when she speaks of this in her book.
(d) Something to offer.
3. Loving and serving the poor means giving the ________ one loves best, not just the leftovers that are available.
4. Mother Teresa is said to have experienced a call within a __________ when she feels compelled to go help the poor in India.
5. What was Mother Teresa's first name before she converted to being a nun in her order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saint Francis do in order to show that he could overcome the repulsion he was feeling for another person?
2. Mother Teresa believes that one must ________ to the point of sacrifice as this is how God will begin to see this love and pay attention to it.
3. God is pleased, Mother Teresa believes, when people pray the ________ that Jesus taught.
4. The most authentic _________, according to Mother Teresa, is the one that focuses on love.
5. For how many days did the boy not eat sugar in order to give his portion to Mother Teresa as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother Teresa say should worry us at death since the idea of death should not worry us?
2. What does Mother Teresa point out to be two qualities in the poor which are overlooked by most?
3. What does the Hindu family with eight children do when they have not eaten in days, according to the book?
4. What does the young boy do for Mother Teresa during the sugar shortage in Calcutta, according to the book?
5. What does Mother Teresa think would make politicians better politicians in the end, according to the book?
6. What do the poor want, according to the observances of Mother Teresa?
7. What does the Hindu man say when he is asked what a Christian is, according to the text in the book?
8. What does Mother Teresa see as the difference in the way that Europe sees its poor versus how India sees its poor?
9. What does Mother Teresa say can increase one's faith when it seems to be diminished, according to the book?
10. Who were the residents of the Home for the Dying that Mother Teresa eventually opened up as a part of her service?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)