|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pictured in the illustration on page 87?
2. What material was used to create the objects?
3. What kind of perforations marked the tile?
4. What group of people was most welcome at the motel, according to the sign?
5. What amenity was also advertised on the sign?
(c) Room service.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ICE is referred to as being what kind of jar?
2. What is used to match up the mosaic tiles?
3. In what year was Tomb #26 closed for good?
4. If the jars had been real, what might have been found inside?
5. What is the main material used to make the item?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Sacred Seal is one of the most coveted items found in the Motel. Explain what souvenir was created from a replica of the Sacred Seal.
2. The scientists were particularly fascinated by the fragments of plasticus petrificus. Explain the piece and how it is represented as a souvenir.
3. What was the main feature located in the sanctuary? How was the structure decorated?
4. Describe the Sacred Points Bookends. What are the bookends made out of and what uses might they have?
5. What was the material used to create the coffee service? Where is it manufactured?
6. How does Carson describe the great courtyard? What was the purpose of the pool area?
7. What is the Great Altar? What is atop the Altar? What is the upper object's primary function?
8. What was the main error in setting up the exhibit in the Museum? What problem did it cause? Whose fault was the error?
9. What object was excavated just outside the area of the rusted sculptures? What did the excavators believe the signs were used for?
10. Explain how the scientists viewed the mosaic tile. How was it decorated? Where was it typically found?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)