|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what kind of material is the item mounted?
2. What organization was responsible for closing down the site?
(a) Department of Yank Antiquities.
(b) Tomb Raiders International.
(c) Museum of Yankology.
(d) National Geographic.
3. Which of the following is not included in the picture of the Sacred belt?
(a) Sacred seal.
(b) Tub stopper.
(c) Door knob.
(d) Leather strap.
4. Who is pictured in the illustration on page 87?
5. What do the scientists refer to as a "Small Relief?"
(a) Driver's license.
(b) Credit card.
(d) Room key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the ceremony?
2. Scientists were particularly fascinated with which of the following?
3. The mosaic tile game refers to an ancient game of _____.
4. What signals the end of the show?
5. The scientists decided that it took what kind of skill to create such a piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main error in setting up the exhibit in the Museum? What problem did it cause? Whose fault was the error?
2. In what way does Harriet show that she is still devoted to Carson?
3. The scientists were particularly fascinated by the fragments of plasticus petrificus. Explain the piece and how it is represented as a souvenir.
4. According to the text what surrounded the complex outside? What would the area be described as in today's terms?
5. What was the main feature located in the sanctuary? How was the structure decorated?
6. What was the purpose of the small relief? What date was put onto the item? What was the purpose of the date?
7. What happened to Howard Carson after he returned to his former interest and research involving the camels?
8. Who traveled along with the treasures? What was the purpose of traveling this way?
9. What is the description given to the Sacred Seal? Where was it placed?
10. What was unique about the Plant That Wouldn't Die?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)