|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material was used to create the objects?
2. The pendant found in the sarcophagus was made out of what kind of material, now petrified?
3. The Bell system was located next to a statue dedicated to what deity?
4. What material is preserved in Plasticus Petrificus?
5. What is the main material used to make the item?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sudden deaths were reported right after the tomb was opened to the public?
2. What was each visitor given as an aid to viewing the exhibit?
3. On what kind of material is the item mounted?
4. Scientists refer to the pattern as which of the following?
5. The Wall Fragment was located in which section of the motel?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Sacred Seal is one of the most coveted items found in the Motel. Explain what souvenir was created from a replica of the Sacred Seal.
2. Explain how the scientists viewed the mosaic tile. How was it decorated? Where was it typically found?
3. In what way does Harriet show that she is still devoted to Carson?
4. What was the main feature located in the sanctuary? How was the structure decorated?
5. What items were found lining the passageway between the tombs?
6. One of the items discovered in Tomb #26 was a Bell System. What was the item's purpose? How was it used?
7. What is the Great Altar? What is atop the Altar? What is the upper object's primary function?
8. According to the text what surrounded the complex outside? What would the area be described as in today's terms?
9. Who traveled along with the treasures? What was the purpose of traveling this way?
10. What object was excavated just outside the area of the rusted sculptures? What did the excavators believe the signs were used for?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)