|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went on a quest and disappeared 400 years later?
2. Carson is surprised to find that the ________ is intact.
(a) Sacred seal.
(b) Maker's mark.
(c) Notice of demolition.
(d) Original locks.
3. What was installed to appease the spirits of the dead?
(b) Game room.
4. How many matches does Carson light in total?
5. What was located at the base of the structure?
(a) Grand entrance hall.
(b) Place of clean laundry.
(c) Waste preservation containers.
(d) Communal sanctuary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carson fall into?
2. By the end of the seventh year, how many volunteers worked at the excavation site?
3. What is the name of the deity that has a statue in the room?
4. During various excavations and searches, people notice a great amount of which of the following?
5. Which of the following objects is not on the dresser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Harriet say in reference to the opening of the door at Tomb #26?
2. Who did Carson often talk to during the long days at the site?
3. Upon seeing this fantastic discovery, Carson had hopes of finding what?
4. Explain Carson's nightmare experienced shortly after the start of the excavation.
5. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
6. Name two pieces of jewelry worn by Harriet. What were their real uses?
7. How long was it between the discovery and the beginning of the excavation? Was it successful?
8. How does Carson refer to the faucets? Where are they located?
9. What were the "columns" discussed by scientists? What were they really? Where would they normally be found?
10. What covered the majority of North America?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)