|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Carson spend on the excavation?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. The ceremonial pool was located next to what feature?
(a) Elevator bank.
(b) Registration desk.
(c) Wet bar.
3. What were referred to as the plasticus ear ornaments?
(a) Shower curtain rings.
(c) Bottle caps.
4. What does Carson do to be able to get inside?
(a) Jimmies the lock.
(b) Calls for help.
(c) Breaks a window.
(d) Uses a master key.
5. Which one of the following items is not worn by Harriet?
(b) Sacred urn.
(c) Sacred collar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does this character often reference?
2. The columns typically found next to what object?
3. A series of important writings is attributed to whom?
4. What adjective is used to describe Carson's lab?
5. What originally concealed the item and kept it from view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was #9 proportioned in a specific way?
2. How is Howard Carson's life described before the discovery of the Motel of the Mysteries?
3. Explain the Sacred Headband. What is the inscription on it?
4. What is the Sacred Seal? How does Carson define its purpose?
5. What was Carson's reaction when he realized what he had found?
6. The item(s) were eventually classified as being what?
7. What did Carson do one day while eating his lunch?
8. Upon seeing this fantastic discovery, Carson had hopes of finding what?
9. Where did Carson end up? What was he facing when he landed?
10. What is the Sacred Parchment? What is its use?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)