|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year were the remnants of the first flying machine discovered?
2. Carson often woke in the night screaming out what word?
3. What is another name used for the bathroom faucets?
(a) Sacred wells.
(b) Air injectors.
(c) Water trumpets.
(d) Musical tubes.
4. Which of the following objects is not on the dresser?
5. What adjective is used to describe Carson's lab?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most impressive example of architecture attributed to the extinct people?
2. What common object is referred to as the ceremonial platform?
3. How old is this character?
4. This character was also highly interested in studying what animal?
5. The inscriptions on the columns were inspired by which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Carson end up? What was he facing when he landed?
2. What was Carson's reaction when he realized what he had found?
3. How does Carson refer to the faucets? Where are they located?
4. How long was it between the discovery and the beginning of the excavation? Was it successful?
5. How did Howard Carson find the excavation site?
6. Explain the Sacred Headband. What is the inscription on it?
7. What was the result? How long did it take?
8. What did Harriet say in reference to the opening of the door at Tomb #26?
9. What is the Sacred Parchment? What is its use?
10. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)