|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carson end up by mistake?
(b) Starting point.
(c) Excavation site.
2. By the end of the seventh year, how many volunteers worked at the excavation site?
3. What common object is referred to as the ceremonial platform?
4. What adjective best describes Carson's attitude at this moment?
5. What object is attached to the room marked #21?
(a) Fountain of Hope.
(b) Inner Chamber.
(c) Giant Altar.
(d) Sacred Seal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went on a quest and disappeared 400 years later?
2. It became a popular tradition to do what to the monument?
3. What item hardened into rock?
4. What was the purpose of the tradition? What does the action bring?
5. Carson often woke in the night screaming out what word?
Short Essay Questions
1. The scientists were particularly fascinated by the fragments of plasticus petrificus. Explain the piece and how it is represented as a souvenir.
2. What was the main error in setting up the exhibit in the Museum? What problem did it cause? Whose fault was the error?
3. In what way does Harriet show that she is still devoted to Carson?
4. According to the text what surrounded the complex outside? What would the area be described as in today's terms?
5. What did Harriet say in reference to the opening of the door at Tomb #26?
6. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
7. Describe the Sacred Points Bookends. What are the bookends made out of and what uses might they have?
8. What was Carson's reaction when he realized what he had found?
9. What was the purpose of the room filled with games?
10. How does Carson describe the great courtyard? What was the purpose of the pool area?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)