|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The columns typically found next to what object?
(d) Political shrine.
2. Hooligan believed that the stripes were used for which of the following?
(a) Landmark identification.
(b) Decorative purposes.
(c) Landing strips.
(d) Road construction.
3. In what year were the remnants of the first flying machine discovered?
4. What is the name of Carson's companion?
5. What date is referred to when discussing the great catastrophe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went on a quest and disappeared 400 years later?
2. How many hours a day did the group work on its longest shifts?
3. It became a popular tradition to do what to the monument?
4. What item was located directly behind the altar?
5. Everything in the room faces which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the great catastrophe occur? What caused it?
2. What happened right after the catastrophe?
3. How does Carson refer to the faucets? Where are they located?
4. The item(s) were eventually classified as being what?
5. How did Howard Carson find the excavation site?
6. When was there an interest rekindled in North America? Why?
7. What did Carson do one day while eating his lunch?
8. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
9. What happened to Carson as he stood surveying the site?
10. Explain Carson's nightmare experienced shortly after the start of the excavation.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)