|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective best describes Carson's attitude at this moment?
2. The characters have an acronym for ICE. What does it stand for according to the text?
(a) Internal Component Enclosure.
(b) Inside Cooking Elevator.
(c) Insidious Carcass Entrapment.
(d) Inner Chamber Escalator.
3. When was that object usually placed at a scene?
(a) Before construction.
(b) After burial.
(c) After it was built.
(d) After being condemned.
4. The shoes are thought to be vessels designed for holding what item(s)?
5. What was the man searching for when he disappeared?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used to describe this character's life up to this point?
2. This character was also highly interested in studying what animal?
3. How old is this character?
4. What was the number marked on the tomb of the great mysteries?
5. What was the number of the marathon entered by Carson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
2. What are Carson's names for items #8, 9, & 10?
3. The item(s) were eventually classified as being what?
4. When did the excavation begin? How long did it last? Who helped?
5. Once the discovery of the excavation site was made known word began to spread all over the world. Who came to visit the site?
6. What were the "columns" discussed by scientists? What were they really? Where would they normally be found?
7. How does Carson refer to the faucets? Where are they located?
8. What did Carson do one day while eating his lunch?
9. What happened right after the catastrophe?
10. When did the great catastrophe occur? What caused it?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)