|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is used to describe this character's life up to this point?
(a) Ignorantly wise.
(b) Unprecedented mediocrity.
(c) Joyful stupidity.
(d) Foolishly brave.
2. What was the number of the marathon entered by Carson?
3. What was the number marked on the tomb of the great mysteries?
4. What was the man searching for when he disappeared?
5. It became a popular tradition to do what to the monument?
(a) Kiss it.
(b) Take photos of it.
(c) Dance around it.
(d) Write on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective best describes Carson's attitude at this moment?
2. What was the purpose of the tradition? What does the action bring?
3. The inscriptions on the columns were inspired by which of the following?
4. By the end of the seventh year, how many volunteers worked at the excavation site?
5. How long does Carson spend on the excavation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Carson referred to these locations in the story but what were they really?
2. What did Carson do one day while eating his lunch?
3. Upon seeing this fantastic discovery, Carson had hopes of finding what?
4. What is the Sacred Parchment? What is its use?
5. What was Carson's reaction when he realized what he had found?
6. Where did Carson end up? What was he facing when he landed?
7. What covered the majority of North America?
8. What were the "columns" discussed by scientists? What were they really? Where would they normally be found?
9. What was the result? How long did it take?
10. Why was #9 proportioned in a specific way?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)