|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was located at the base of the structure?
(a) Communal sanctuary.
(b) Waste preservation containers.
(c) Grand entrance hall.
(d) Place of clean laundry.
2. What is found in rooms #19 and 20?
(a) Remains of the Mystical Cat.
(b) The plant that would not die.
(c) Volume of history.
(d) Valuable pottery.
3. Carson often woke in the night screaming out what word?
4. A series of important writings is attributed to whom?
5. The ceremonial pool was located next to what feature?
(a) Elevator bank.
(b) Registration desk.
(d) Wet bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was used to ward off evil spirits?
2. How many hours a day did the group work on its longest shifts?
3. What was installed to appease the spirits of the dead?
4. What is the most important item in the chamber?
5. What adjective best describes Carson's attitude at this moment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Harriet say in reference to the opening of the door at Tomb #26?
2. What happened right after the catastrophe?
3. Once the discovery of the excavation site was made known word began to spread all over the world. Who came to visit the site?
4. What were the "columns" discussed by scientists? What were they really? Where would they normally be found?
5. Who did Carson often talk to during the long days at the site?
6. When did the great catastrophe occur? What caused it?
7. Explain Carson's nightmare experienced shortly after the start of the excavation.
8. What did Carson do one day while eating his lunch?
9. What happened to Carson as he stood surveying the site?
10. When was there an interest rekindled in North America? Why?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)