|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe Carson's lab?
2. Where were the most significant discoveries made?
(b) Under water.
(c) Other planet.
(d) Inside a bomb shelter.
3. The continent was covered by what color stripes?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Gray and white.
(c) Red and black.
(d) Black and gray.
4. What date is referred to when discussing the great catastrophe?
5. What famous site was discovered?
(a) Washington Monument.
(b) Monument Row.
(c) Fountain of Youth.
(d) Dead Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The shoes are thought to be vessels designed for holding what item(s)?
2. Which of the following is a name given to one of the skeletons?
3. What was the man searching for when he disappeared?
4. What magazine does this character often reference?
5. This character was also highly interested in studying what animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the great catastrophe occur? What caused it?
2. What is the Sacred Parchment? What is its use?
3. The item(s) were eventually classified as being what?
4. What are Carson's names for items #8, 9, & 10?
5. How does Carson refer to the faucets? Where are they located?
6. What was the result? How long did it take?
7. When did the excavation begin? How long did it last? Who helped?
8. Name two pieces of jewelry worn by Harriet. What were their real uses?
9. How long was it between the discovery and the beginning of the excavation? Was it successful?
10. Who did Carson often talk to during the long days at the site?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)