|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does this character often reference?
(a) Scientific Journal of Archeologists.
(b) Mad magazine.
(c) Future America.
(d) National Geographic.
2. It is eventually determined that the stripes on the earth were used for what specific purpose?
(a) Navigational markers.
(b) Landing strips.
(d) Construction grids.
3. What was the purpose of the tradition? What does the action bring?
(b) Good luck.
(c) Pennies from heaven.
4. What is found in rooms #19 and 20?
(a) The plant that would not die.
(b) Remains of the Mystical Cat.
(c) Volume of history.
(d) Valuable pottery.
5. Whose name is called out once the group goes inside?
6. What is the name of Carson's companion?
7. In what year does Carson change?
8. Along the passageways, workers found signs/objects bearing what word(s)?
(b) THIS WAY.
(c) FIRE ALARM.
9. Where were the most significant discoveries made?
(a) Inside a bomb shelter.
(b) Under water.
(d) Other planet.
10. What is the name of the deity that has a statue in the room?
11. Hooligan believed that the stripes were used for which of the following?
(a) Landing strips.
(b) Landmark identification.
(c) Road construction.
(d) Decorative purposes.
12. What phrase is used to describe this character's life up to this point?
(a) Unprecedented mediocrity.
(b) Ignorantly wise.
(c) Joyful stupidity.
(d) Foolishly brave.
13. What were referred to as the plasticus ear ornaments?
(a) Bottle caps.
(d) Shower curtain rings.
14. The characters have an acronym for ICE. What does it stand for according to the text?
(a) Inside Cooking Elevator.
(b) Internal Component Enclosure.
(c) Inner Chamber Escalator.
(d) Insidious Carcass Entrapment.
15. Carson often woke in the night screaming out what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was installed to appease the spirits of the dead?
2. What item glinted in the light when the door was opened?
3. In what century was the site created?
4. By the end of the seventh year, how many volunteers worked at the excavation site?
5. How long does Carson spend on the excavation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)