|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indian who gives the Foxes produce also gives them what object?
2. What does Allie set fire to in Chapter 29?
3. How far do the Foxes drive in the vehicle they steal from the Spellgoods?
4. Where do the Miskito clan ask the Foxes if they are going?
5. What motel does Allie sarcastically tell Jerry they will stay in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry feel about his father in Laguna Miskita?
2. Why does Allie give three white men directions to Jeronimo?
3. How does Allie recall the situation with the three men who died in Jeronimo?
4. How do the three men who come to Jeronimo die?
5. How do Charlie and Jerry trap their father?
6. Why is Jeronimo always full of people?
7. How does Allie react when Charlie tells him about a natural insect repellent?
8. What does Allie say happened to the U.S.?
9. How does Allie try to charm the Thurtles?
10. Why does Mr. Haddy come to Cabo Gracias?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the Foxes similar to the missionaries who frequent Honduras? How are they different? Are they also like the strangers with guns? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Allie Fox is adamant about his hatred for "scavengers." What is his meaning when he uses this term? Who does he apply it to? How is his hatred for scavengers ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the gruesomeness of Allie's death. Why does Theroux have his main character die in such a grotesque manner? Why does he die with so little dignity? What is the significance of the vultures?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)