|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mother want to go after Laguna Miskita floods?
(a) To the coast.
(b) To the nearest airport.
(c) To another swamp.
(d) Back to Jeronimo.
2. Who shows up on the beach when he hears of Allie's death?
(a) Mr. Maywit.
(c) Gurney Spellgood.
(d) Mr. Haddy.
3. What are the Spellgoods eating when Charlie and Jerry see them through their window?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Birthday cake.
4. What number does Allie tell Charlie to count to after he lights the fire on the ice plant?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. Where do Charlie, Allie, and Jerry look for metal parts and tools?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the river.
(c) In abandoned houses.
(d) Buried in the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie set fire to in Chapter 29?
2. Why is Allie's death news to the people on the beach?
3. What does Allie make his sons search for on the bottom of the river?
4. Who ties Allie's hands behind his back?
5. What animal does Mr. Haddy warn the Foxes about while they are at Laguna Miskita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mother treat the Indians who recognize the Spellgood's vehicle?
2. Explain how Allie dies.
3. How does Allie react when Charlie tells him about a natural insect repellent?
4. Why does Mr. Haddy come to Cabo Gracias?
5. How does Allie recall the situation with the three men who died in Jeronimo?
6. How does the ice cube that is meant for the Indians over the mountain get broken?
7. Why does Allie give three white men directions to Jeronimo?
8. Why does Mr. Haddy come to visit Charlie?
9. Describe Laguna Miskita after it starts thundering.
10. On the way back to Jeronimo, what does Allie say happened with the Indians over the mountain?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)