|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to leave Allie behind at Guampu?
2. What animal does Mr. Haddy warn Allie about at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What kind of animals attack Allie?
4. Where does Mother want to go after Laguna Miskita floods?
(a) To the coast.
(b) To another swamp.
(c) To the nearest airport.
(d) Back to Jeronimo.
5. Who shows up on the beach when he hears of Allie's death?
(a) Gurney Spellgood.
(b) Mr. Maywit.
(d) Mr. Haddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie say is the only thing keeping him sane?
2. What does Allie make his sons search for on the bottom of the river?
3. Where on Allie's body has he been shot?
4. What do the people on the beach think Allie's occupation is?
5. Who is the only person who doesn't go along with Allie's lie that his delivery of ice to the Indians was a success?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie want to go to Guampu?
2. Describe the three men who come to Jeronimo.
3. How does Mother treat the Indians who recognize the Spellgood's vehicle?
4. Why does Charlie wish that something bad would happen at Jeronimo when he and his group return from over the mountains?
5. What trade deal does Allie make with the Thurtles?
6. How does Allie react when Charlie tells him about a natural insect repellent?
7. Why does Mother refuse to leave Guampu when Charlie gives her the keys to the Gurneys' vehicle?
8. What happens to the Foxes' garden and home after it starts raining?
9. How does Jerry feel about his father in Laguna Miskita?
10. What do Mother and Allie argue about, and how do they resolve it?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)