|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie put on as soon as he wakes up the morning after the ice plant explodes?
(a) His sandals.
(b) His belt.
(c) His baseball cap.
(d) His sunglasses.
2. According to Charlie's narration, when does Jeronimo get the coldest?
(b) An hour before dawn.
(c) An hour after the sun goes down.
(d) An hour after the sun comes up.
3. Where do the Foxes travel after Laguna Miskita floods?
(a) Over the mountains.
(c) Through the jungle.
4. The ice that Allie is taking to the Indians melts to the size of what object?
(a) A tennis ball.
(b) A football.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A soccer ball.
5. What river does Allie want to look for instead of staying in the childrens' camp?
(a) Rio Sico.
(b) Warunta River.
(c) Jicatuyo River.
(d) Warunta River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Zambu Indian headed when he meets the Foxes in Brewer's Lagoon?
2. What item does a boat owner ask Charlie for?
3. Who does Allie think the white men in the Indian village are?
4. What does Allie call his mosquito traps?
5. How many people does it take to operate Allie's mechanical pump?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry feel about his father in Laguna Miskita?
2. How does Allie react when Charlie tells him about a natural insect repellent?
3. How does Mother treat the Indians who recognize the Spellgood's vehicle?
4. Describe the three men who come to Jeronimo.
5. What do Mother and Allie argue about, and how do they resolve it?
6. Why is Jeronimo always full of people?
7. Why does Mother refuse to leave Guampu when Charlie gives her the keys to the Gurneys' vehicle?
8. How does Emily try to help Charlie?
9. Why does Allie give three white men directions to Jeronimo?
10. What trade deal does Allie make with the Thurtles?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)