|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie ask Mother to make for the white men who enter Jeronimo?
2. What does Mr. Haddy bring to Charlie that he doesn't want Allie to know about?
(a) Allie's watch.
(b) Tomatoes and corn.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Spark plugs and oil.
3. When the white men show up in Jeronimo, what do they have with them?
(b) Metal scraps.
4. What does Allie put on as soon as he wakes up the morning after the ice plant explodes?
(a) His sandals.
(b) His belt.
(c) His sunglasses.
(d) His baseball cap.
5. How many people does it take to operate Allie's mechanical pump?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie receive from the Miskito clan for his chisel, toilet seat, and mirror?
2. Where do Charlie, Allie, and Jerry look for metal parts and tools?
3. What does Allie give Mr. Haddy in return for his demolished boat?
4. What location is Allie talking about when he is telling his party about dirty silverware and bad meals?
5. What does Allie say is the worst thing you can put in your mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Allie react when Charlie tells him about a natural insect repellent?
2. Why does Allie want to travel upstream?
3. Why does Mother refuse to leave Guampu when Charlie gives her the keys to the Gurneys' vehicle?
4. Why does Mr. Haddy come to Cabo Gracias?
5. Why does Allie give three white men directions to Jeronimo?
6. What do Mother and Allie argue about, and how do they resolve it?
7. How does the ice cube that is meant for the Indians over the mountain get broken?
8. Why does Allie make Jerry ride on the little boat behind the floating house?
9. Why does Charlie want to go to Guampu?
10. What does Allie say happened to the U.S.?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)