|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Polski visit Allie to ask him to refrigerate the barn?
(a) While everyone is sleeping.
(b) During lunch.
(c) After supper.
(d) After breakfast.
2. The Foxes board a ship in what city?
(c) New Haven.
3. What does Allie refer to as "Buzz Palace"?
(a) A church.
(b) Polski's house.
(c) A mental institution.
(d) The zoo.
4. What is Mr. Maywit skilled at doing?
5. What does Drainy use to make toys out of wire hangers?
(b) His teeth.
(c) Tools he found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie build for Mr. Haddy?
2. What kind of car does Miss Barsotti drive?
3. What is wabool?
4. How many push-ups does Allie do to convince the Hondurans to help him load his boat?
5. What does Allie occasionally forget about his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Allie's work ethic for himself and his crew?
2. Why do the migrant workers visit the Foxes after dinner in Chapter 7?
3. What does Charlie tell his mother he is afraid of?
4. How does Charlie find out where his family is headed on the Unicorn?
5. What do the Foxes find when they return to the Zambus with more ice?
6. How do the Foxes spend their first day off from work in six weeks?
7. With the ice plant complete, what does Allie dream of doing?
8. How does Allie persuade Honduran natives to help him load cargo?
9. How does Allie feel about American public schools?
10. Describe what Charlie sees when he goes into the field near his house looking for Allie.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)