|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of furniture sits smoldering at the entrance to Jeronimo?
(a) Night table.
(d) Coffee table.
2. Who expresses fear that something bad is going to happen to the family?
3. What does Allie occasionally forget about his family?
(a) His wife's name.
(b) His children's names.
(c) His anniversary with his wife.
(d) His children's birthdays.
4. What is the name of the second hotel the Foxes stay in?
(a) The Carissa.
(b) The Gardenia.
(c) The Solandra.
(d) The Jasmine.
5. What seeds does Allie buy because they remind him of his hometown?
(c) Morning glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Maywit skilled at doing?
2. The Foxes board a ship in what city?
3. How many acres of land does Allie buy from Weerwilly?
4. What gift do the migrant workers bring to Allie?
5. How many push-ups does Allie do to convince the Hondurans to help him load his boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Foxes find when they return to the Zambus with more ice?
2. Describe the condition that the Foxes leave their house in when they depart for the shore.
3. Why do the migrant workers visit the Foxes after dinner in Chapter 7?
4. Describe what Jeronimo looks like when the Foxes first arrive.
5. Describe what Charlie sees when the family first arrives in Honduras.
6. How does Allie react when Charlie refers to the migrant workers' home as the Monkey House?
7. What is Allie's work ethic for himself and his crew?
8. With the ice plant complete, what does Allie dream of doing?
9. How does Allie persuade Honduran natives to help him load cargo?
10. Why is Allie highly critical of the migrant workers for leaving the jungle?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)