|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman selling oranges have on her shoulder?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A cockatoo.
2. How old are the twins?
3. What Honduran town does the ship pull into?
(a) La Ceiba.
(c) Puerto Cortes.
(d) La Libertad.
4. How long do the Foxes and the other residents of Jeronimo work before they get a day off?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
5. What does the Worm Tub do?
(a) Makes ice.
(b) Dehydrates crops.
(c) Makes plants grow faster.
(d) Irrigates the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allie want Polski to do with his asparagus?
2. What do the Foxes take to the Zambu?
3. What does Allie occasionally forget about his family?
4. What do the people of Jeronimo think that Allie is building when he is building his ice plant?
5. What does Jeronimo withstand at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. With the ice plant complete, what does Allie dream of doing?
2. How does Allie feel about American public schools?
3. What does Charlie tell his mother he is afraid of?
4. What is Allie's work ethic for himself and his crew?
5. Describe what Jeronimo looks like when the Foxes first arrive.
6. Why does Polski reject Allie's ice plant?
7. According to Allie, how does he come to work for Polski?
8. Why does the Fox family rarely go out shopping at real stores?
9. Describe the condition that the Foxes leave their house in when they depart for the shore.
10. How does Allie react when Charlie refers to the migrant workers' home as the Monkey House?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)