|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call the house where the migrant workers live?
(a) Monkey House.
(b) Lion's Den.
(c) Dog House.
(d) Bird House.
2. Where does Allie attend college before dropping out?
3. What do the natives in Seville begin to worship?
(a) A tiny replica of Allie's ice plant.
(d) A replica of Allie.
4. What gift do the migrant workers bring to Allie?
(a) A machete.
(d) A hammer.
5. What is the name of the girl Charlie befriends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird grabs Charlie's fishing bait?
2. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What does Allie make Charlie do on the boat?
4. What do the people of Jeronimo think that Allie is building when he is building his ice plant?
5. What does Allie occasionally forget about his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Allie refuse to buy the rubber seal at the hardware store?
2. How do the Foxes spend their first day off from work in six weeks?
3. Why do the migrant workers visit the Foxes after dinner in Chapter 7?
4. Describe what Charlie sees when the family first arrives in Honduras.
5. What does Charlie tell his mother he is afraid of?
6. Why does Allie refuse to build the ice plant for Polski?
7. What items do the Foxes buy when they go shopping in Chapter 6?
8. Describe the condition that the Foxes leave their house in when they depart for the shore.
9. Describe what Charlie sees when he goes into the field near his house looking for Allie.
10. How does Allie come to realize that the Zambu Indians have met missionaries before?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)