|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie see that terrifies him in the field?
(a) Men fighting.
(b) A cross with a body on it.
(c) His father's invention is missing.
(d) Slaughtered animals.
2. What item does Jerry want to look at while shopping?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Roller skates.
(d) Baseball bats.
3. What do the children call their camp?
(a) Little Jeronimo.
(b) The Town.
(d) The Acre.
4. The passage that Gurney Spellgood and Allie argue over is from which book of the bible?
5. What does Jeronimo withstand at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Getting struck by lightning.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A flood.
(d) An earth tremor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the missionary that Mr. Haddy brings to Jeronimo on his motorboat?
2. What does Allie want to tap with a well?
3. What does Allie tell Mother that he wants?
4. About what time does Charlie take an envelope to Polski?
5. What is the name of the boat the Foxes sail on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the migrant workers visit the Foxes after dinner in Chapter 7?
2. How does Charlie find out where his family is headed on the Unicorn?
3. Describe the condition that the Foxes leave their house in when they depart for the shore.
4. What do the Foxes find when they return to the Zambus with more ice?
5. What is Allie's work ethic for himself and his crew?
6. How does Allie show the Honduran natives that they shouldn't be afraid of his ice plant?
7. How does Allie react when Charlie refers to the migrant workers' home as the Monkey House?
8. What reason does Allie give for why he doesn't believe in God?
9. How does Allie persuade Honduran natives to help him load cargo?
10. How do the Foxes spend their first day off from work in six weeks?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)