|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allie ask Mother to make for the white men who enter Jeronimo?
2. Why is Allie's death news to the people on the beach?
(a) He has four children.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is American.
(d) He is not very old.
3. What does Jerry want to use to kill Allie?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A gun.
4. How long, after the rain starts in Laguna Miskita, does it take for the Foxes' garden to wash away?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
5. What does Allie set fire to in Chapter 29?
(a) The Spellgoods' Land Cruiser.
(b) The Spellgoods' plane.
(c) The church in Guampu.
(d) The Spellgoods' home.
6. What time is it when Mr. Haddy visits Charlie to give him a package?
(b) Two o'clock in the morning.
(d) Eight o'clock in the evening.
7. How many white men do Allie and his party see in the Indian village?
8. What does Allie say is the only thing keeping him sane?
(a) Building a mechanical pump.
(b) Planting a new garden.
(c) Rebuilding a motor for a boat.
(d) Talking to Mother.
9. Where is the Zambu Indian headed when he meets the Foxes in Brewer's Lagoon?
(a) To hunt.
(b) To harvest his farm.
(c) To a doctor.
(d) To church.
10. Where does Mother say she wants to walk to from Brewer's Lagoon?
(c) Cape Cod.
11. What are the Spellgoods eating when Charlie and Jerry see them through their window?
(c) Birthday cake.
(d) Ice cream.
12. What animal does Mr. Haddy warn the Foxes about while they are at Laguna Miskita?
13. What location is Allie talking about when he is telling his party about dirty silverware and bad meals?
(a) Southeast Asia.
(b) North Africa.
(c) Eastern Europe.
(d) Southern United States.
14. What sort of can does Charlie see floating in the river that reminds him of home?
(c) Diet Pepsi.
15. How many days do the Foxes travel in the floating hut before they reach an inhabited Miskito village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Allie buried?
2. Who does Allie think the white men in the Indian village are?
3. How many times does Allie make Jerry swim to the bottom of the river in search of something?
4. When Charlie states that the Honduran jungle looks desolate, what city does Allie say Charlie has never seen?
5. Where do the Miskito clan ask the Foxes if they are going?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)