|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their way to the sea the Foxes meet an Indian from what group?
2. What does Allie put on as soon as he wakes up the morning after the ice plant explodes?
(a) His belt.
(b) His sunglasses.
(c) His sandals.
(d) His baseball cap.
3. Why is Allie's death news to the people on the beach?
(a) He is white.
(b) He has four children.
(c) He is not very old.
(d) He is American.
4. Where do the Miskito clan ask the Foxes if they are going?
(b) El Cerro.
5. What one piece of produce does Jerry want to eat but is denied by his father?
(a) A tomato.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A potato.
6. How does Allie refer to the childrens' camp?
(a) It's savage.
(b) It's a treehouse.
(c) It's a playground.
(d) It's pure monkey.
7. Where does Mother say she wants to walk to from Brewer's Lagoon?
(d) Cape Cod.
8. According to Charlie, yautias are as tasty as what vegetable?
9. When Charlie states that the Honduran jungle looks desolate, what city does Allie say Charlie has never seen?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Mexico City.
10. Where do the Foxes go before heading home to the U.S.?
(b) La Ceiba.
11. Who does Allie think the white men in the Indian village are?
(b) Legendary white Indians.
12. What does Mr. Haddy use to start a fire?
(a) Jerry's birth certificate.
(b) A blanket.
(c) His captain's certificate.
(d) Allie's favorite book.
13. What TV program does Emily suggest watching with her family at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) The Muppets.
(b) Star Trek.
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) The Hulk.
14. Who says, "We don't have any locks in Jeronimo"?
(b) Mr. Haddy.
15. What does Allie make his sons search for on the bottom of the river?
(a) Allie's watch.
(b) The boat's propeller.
(c) The sparkplugs for the boat.
(d) Clover's toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animals attack Allie?
2. What sort of can does Charlie see floating in the river that reminds him of home?
3. What color is the church in Guampu?
4. What does Allie hit his head on, leaving him barely conscious?
5. What location is Allie talking about when he is telling his party about dirty silverware and bad meals?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)