|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drainy use to make toys out of wire hangers?
(b) Tools he found.
(d) His teeth.
2. The Foxes board a ship in what city?
(b) New Haven.
3. What language do the men in Fish Bucket speak?
4. What is Gurney Spellgood's occupation?
5. How does Mr. Maywit know what month it is?
(a) He asks the missionary.
(b) He looks at a calendar.
(c) He notices the trees have changed colors.
(d) He sees a certain bird.
6. What do the children call their camp?
(a) The Town.
(b) The Acre.
(c) Little Jeronimo.
7. What game do the children play on the Gallery floor?
(a) Hot Potato.
(c) Up Jenkins.
8. What do the natives in Seville begin to worship?
(b) A tiny replica of Allie's ice plant.
(c) A replica of Allie.
9. What does Jeronimo withstand at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A flood.
(b) An earth tremor.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) A tornado.
10. What does Allie want Polski to do with his asparagus?
(a) Feed it to the farm animals.
(b) Give it to the workers.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Store it in the Worm Tub.
11. What are all of Allie's inventions inspired by?
(a) The Industrial Revolution.
(b) The solar system.
(c) The human body.
12. How long do the Foxes and the other residents of Jeronimo work before they get a day off?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
13. Who tells Charlie that life in Honduras is easy?
(b) Mr. Eubie.
(c) Gurney Spellgood.
(d) Captain Smalls.
14. What item does Jerry want to look at while shopping?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Roller skates.
(d) Baseball bats.
15. The passage that Gurney Spellgood and Allie argue over is from which book of the bible?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Indians that Allie wants to take ice to?
2. What does Allie occasionally forget about his family?
3. Who expresses fear that something bad is going to happen to the family?
4. What do Charlie and Allie find in the Polskis' cold storage room?
5. How many children taunt Charlie at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)