|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Allie's fingers has been partially amputated?
(b) Index finger.
(c) Pinky finger.
(d) Ring finger.
2. What do the Foxes take to the Zambu?
3. What are all of Allie's inventions inspired by?
(b) The human body.
(c) The solar system.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
4. What is the length of the rubber seal that Allie asks for at the store?
(a) Eight feet.
(b) Nine feet.
(c) Four feet.
(d) Six feet.
5. Where are the Indians that Allie wants to take ice to?
(a) Downstream of Jeronimo.
(b) Upstream of Jeronimo.
(c) Over the mountains.
(d) Across the river.
6. What does Allie want Polski to do with his asparagus?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Give it to the workers.
(c) Feed it to the farm animals.
(d) Store it in the Worm Tub.
7. What does Allie give to Mr. Torch?
(a) His hydraulic chair.
(b) His boarding pass for the ship.
(c) Seventy dollars.
(d) His truck.
8. What does Allie leave for the migrant workers?
(c) His Worm Tub.
(d) A stove.
9. The passage that Gurney Spellgood and Allie argue over is from which book of the bible?
10. How many oranges does Allie buy for a quarter in Honduras?
11. What treat do the twins want to eat?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Candy bars.
12. What does Allie make Charlie do on the boat?
(a) Fix a broken pump.
(b) Catch 30 fish.
(c) Climb the kingpost.
(d) Swim in the ocean.
13. What piece of furniture sits smoldering at the entrance to Jeronimo?
(a) Night table.
(b) Coffee table.
14. What flower covers the shack in Jeronimo?
(a) Morning glories.
15. What is the name of Mr. Haddy's small, wooden motorboat?
(a) Little Jeronimo.
(b) Little Haddy.
(c) Big Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Jeronimo think that Allie is building when he is building his ice plant?
2. What does mother fashion into a shirt for Mr. Haddy?
3. How many acres of land does Allie buy from Weerwilly?
4. What is the name of the boat the Foxes sail on?
5. On what River does Allie take the family on the way to Jeronimo?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)