|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Allie what ice is good for?
(a) Leon Maywit.
(b) Mrs. Kennywick.
(c) Mrs. Maywit.
2. What treat do the twins want to eat?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Candy bars.
3. Who does Allie say he is when he is welding his ice plant?
(a) Doctor Jekyll.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Doctor Frankenstein.
4. What item does Jerry want to look at while shopping?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Roller skates.
(c) Baseball bats.
5. What language do the men in Fish Bucket speak?
6. What does Jeronimo withstand at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A flood.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) An earth tremor.
7. What crop does Polski need to store until he can sell it for a higher price?
8. What is the name of the town where the Fox family lives?
9. Mr. Haddy thinks the Foxes' new neighbors' last name is probably what?
10. How long do the Foxes and the other residents of Jeronimo work before they get a day off?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) A month.
11. The Foxes board a ship in what city?
(c) New Haven.
12. What Honduran town does the ship pull into?
(a) La Ceiba.
(b) Puerto Cortes.
(d) La Libertad.
13. What is Charlie's new friend's favorite cereal?
(a) Frosted Flakes.
(b) Raisin Bran.
(c) Froot Loops.
(d) Cap'n Crunch.
14. What do the children call their camp?
(a) The Town.
(c) Little Jeronimo.
(d) The Acre.
15. About what time does Charlie take an envelope to Polski?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Allie say Ma Polski looks like?
2. What piece of furniture sits smoldering at the entrance to Jeronimo?
3. What does Charlie call the house where the migrant workers live?
4. What is the name of Allie's drink made from guavas and mangoes?
5. What game do the children play on the Gallery floor?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)