|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drainy use to make toys out of wire hangers?
(a) Tools he found.
(b) His teeth.
2. Who are the tall, white Indians that Mr. Maywit tells the Foxes about?
3. What does Allie want to tap with a well?
(a) Geothermal energy.
(b) Hydrothermal energy.
4. Who tells Charlie that life in Honduras is easy?
(a) Gurney Spellgood.
(c) Captain Smalls.
(d) Mr. Eubie.
5. What pet do the Foxes leave behind?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bird.
6. What is the worst invention Allie can think of?
(a) Hot-air hand dryers.
(b) Aerosol cheese.
7. What does Allie want Polski to do with his asparagus?
(a) Give it to the workers.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Store it in the Worm Tub.
(d) Feed it to the farm animals.
8. Who says, "Man is God"?
(a) Captain Smalls.
(b) Gurney Spellgood.
9. What does Mr. Haddy call Allie?
(d) Mr. Fox.
10. What is the name of Mr. Haddy's small, wooden motorboat?
(a) Little Haddy.
(b) Little Jeronimo.
(c) Big Lucy.
11. What are all of Allie's inventions inspired by?
(b) The Industrial Revolution.
(c) The human body.
(d) The solar system.
12. What is the name of the boat the Foxes sail on?
(a) The Unicorn.
(b) The Pegasus.
(c) The Mermaid.
(d) The Dragon.
13. Where does Charlie's new friend go to school?
(d) Washington D.C.
14. What piece of furniture sits smoldering at the entrance to Jeronimo?
(b) Coffee table.
(c) Night table.
15. What does Allie refer to as "Buzz Palace"?
(a) A church.
(b) The zoo.
(c) Polski's house.
(d) A mental institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl Charlie befriends?
2. Where do the Foxes live before moving to Massachusetts?
3. What does Allie call his ice plant?
4. What kind of car does Miss Barsotti drive?
5. Who expresses fear that something bad is going to happen to the family?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)