|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harper being placed under arrest?
2. What does Bob Anderson ask Harper to tell his wife?
3. What does Erin tell Drewe about her plan of action?
4. What does Harper see as they approach his farmhouse?
5. Based on what Erin tells Drewe about her plans, what does Drewe fear Erin will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miles forced to rush out of Harper's house?
2. What plan does Miles come up with for he and Harper to locate the killer?
3. Why do Miles and Harper decide it is safe to engage Berkmann in conversation on the EROS system?
4. How does Harper react when he realizes the killer is close?
5. What is Harper's reaction to the events concerning Dr. Lenz? What is Miles' reaction?
6. Why are detectives waiting for Harper when he arrives home from checking on Erin? How does Harper react?
7. Why does Berkmann believe that Harper will not take the recording he made to the cops?
8. How does Drewe get pulled into Harper's online conversation with Berkmann?
9. How did Berkmann get so much information on Harper's relationship with Erin?
10. What do Miles and the FBI find in New York when they approach the warehouse Miles suspects is used by the killer? What impact does this have on Harper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on what the reader knows about the killer, is it a surprise that Harper is able to upload Miles' Trojan horse to the killer's computer? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the information the author provides in the story, what are the killer's motives? Do these motives, or the killer himself, change throughout the story? Why or why not? Use information from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
As their plan to draw the killer in with a persona named "Erin" unfolds, how do Miles and Harper each feel about it? Why?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)