|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the killer discovered about the gland he has been studying in his victims?
2. Why does Harper quietly lock the office door, locking himself and Drewe inside?
3. What has Miles discovered about the killer?
4. What does Drewe call and ask Harper to do while she is staying at her parents' house?
5. What does Harper call and tell Dr. Lenz after reviewing the killer's recording?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harper react to Drewe telling him that Patrick beat Erin up? How does Drewe respond?
2. How did Berkmann get so much information on Harper's relationship with Erin?
3. How does Drewe react when Harper asks if there is anything to be done about Berkmann's injuries? Why?
4. How does Berkmann describe Kali? Why was she in Harper's house?
5. What does Harper ask Dr. Lenz to do? Why?
6. What does Baxter's information about the FBI having a suspect remind Harper of? Why?
7. What does Miles call to tell Harper as he cleans up the murder scene in his study? How does he react to the fact that Erin has been murdered?
8. What does Harper discover when he arrives home with Mayeux? How does he react?
9. Does Erin's death match previous killings? Why or why not?
10. Why do Miles and Harper decide it is safe to engage Berkmann in conversation on the EROS system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite the continued harassment and questions by the authorities, and the fact that they are implicating themselves, Harper and Miles continue to try and catch the killer. Why? What reasons does the author give the reader for their insistence?
Essay Topic 2
There are several points at which Harper wants to stop trying to track down the killer. Why? What external and internal reasons keep him on the case?
Essay Topic 3
What do the glimpses into Harper's and Miles' childhoods provide the reader? Why is this important?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)