|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes skipped words on the killer's EROS chat when Miles and Harper are on the phone?
2. Where does Miles claim to be when talking with Harper on the phone?
3. Who says to Harper "no man is immune to the temptations of the flesh"?
4. What conversation does Harper come across on EROS that allows him to immediately recognize the killer?
5. Who admits that he once had sex with Drewe's sister, Erin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Miles and Harper decide it is safe to engage Berkmann in conversation on the EROS system?
2. What plan does Miles come up with for he and Harper to locate the killer?
3. What does Bob Anderson say to Harper at Erin's burial service? Why?
4. Why are detectives waiting for Harper when he arrives home from checking on Erin? How does Harper react?
5. What does Harper discover when he arrives home with Mayeux? How does he react?
6. What do Miles and the FBI find in New York when they approach the warehouse Miles suspects is used by the killer? What impact does this have on Harper?
7. How does Berkmann describe Kali? Why was she in Harper's house?
8. How does Drewe get pulled into Harper's online conversation with Berkmann?
9. What does Miles call to tell Harper as he cleans up the murder scene in his study? How does he react to the fact that Erin has been murdered?
10. How does Harper react when he realizes the killer is close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the references to Indian culture, mythology, and oriental medicine important? How does the author use these references?
Essay Topic 2
From the information the author provides, who is Miles? What kind of a person is he? What role does he play in the events that unfold throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do the glimpses into Harper's and Miles' childhoods provide the reader? Why is this important?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)