|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does the killer reveal about Harper on the recording he made in Harper's home?
2. What does Harper call and tell Dr. Lenz after reviewing the killer's recording?
3. What does Erin tell the killer before abruptly signing off?
4. What does the killer tell Harper about himself on the recording he made in Harper's home?
5. Why is Harper being placed under arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Erin's death match previous killings? Why or why not?
2. How does Drewe react when Harper asks if there is anything to be done about Berkmann's injuries? Why?
3. What does Bob Anderson say to Harper at Erin's burial service? Why?
4. What does Miles tell Harper about his online lover? Why?
5. How does Harper react when he realizes the killer is close?
6. What does Harper discover when he arrives home with Mayeux? How does he react?
7. What do Miles and Harper think of Dr. Lenz's ability to interact online with the killer as a woman?
8. How did the FBI track down the doctor they suspected was the killer? What was the result?
9. What makes Harper and Miles give the FBI an anonymous tip about the donor registries? What do they find?
10. How does Harper feel about his online persona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the information the author provides, who is Miles? What kind of a person is he? What role does he play in the events that unfold throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
As their plan to draw the killer in with a persona named "Erin" unfolds, how do Miles and Harper each feel about it? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What does Erin's death mean for Harper and Drewe's relationship? Harper's hunt for the killer? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)