|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many levels of chat are there on EROS?
2. What does the killer indicate, in his writings, that he needs before committing another murder?
3. What does Miles tell Harper when Harper is heading out to catch a plane?
4. What are David Strobekker's apartment windows covered with?
5. How does Miles enter Harper's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harper taken to New Orleans for questioning?
2. How does Miles convince Harper to stay with EROS as a system operator?
3. What does Harper agree to help Dr. Lenz do? Why?
4. What happens at home with Patrick and Erin when Harper returns? Why?
5. What does Miles call and tell Harper about the trace on the killer?
6. What does Drewe insist Miles and Harper do, now that they know what the killer is doing? What will she do in return?
7. What kind of people does Harper say EROS is built to attract?
8. What does Miles do when Harper goes online to warn his online lover, Eleanor Markham, of the current danger? Why?
9. Why does the FBI want to arrest Miles? What does this mean for Harper?
10. What do Harper and Miles agree to in Dr. Lenz's office? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the letters from the killer to his father? Why does the author include them?
Essay Topic 2
What do the glimpses into Harper's and Miles' childhoods provide the reader? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 3
Based on what the reader knows about the killer, is it a surprise that Harper is able to upload Miles' Trojan horse to the killer's computer? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)