|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harper live with his wife?
2. How does the woman in Michigan die?
3. Who is having marital problems?
4. What city is Edward in when the story opens?
5. What is different about the woman who is missing in Michigan from the other women who have been targeted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader learn about what really happened to Rosalind May? What happened to her?
2. Why is the FBI going to the apartment of David Strobekker?
3. Is the killer concerned about being caught? Why or why not? Give examples from the story to support your answer.
4. What do Miles, Harper, and Drewe figure out about the killer and his murders?
5. How does Harper feel about Miles? What does he ask Dr. Lenz?
6. How does Harper react to Drewe telling him that Erin and Patrick are having marital problems? Why?
7. What do Harper and Miles agree to in Dr. Lenz's office? Why?
8. What information does the author give the reader about the EROS system? What role does it play in the story?
9. Why does Harper ask Drewe about the pineal gland? What does she tell him?
10. How does Miles convince Harper to stay with EROS as a system operator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the letters from the killer to his father? Why does the author include them?
Essay Topic 2
Given Harper's wavering belief in Miles' connection to the murders, why does he agree to help Miles clear his name? Does he have ulterior motives?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Drewe's family and the relationship between her and Harper, her and Erin, and Harper and Erin. How do these relationships shape the story?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)