|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes skipped words on the killer's EROS chat when Miles and Harper are on the phone?
(a) Miles picks up the phone at the warehouse.
(b) Harper calls what he believes is the killer's cell phone.
(c) Harper picks up the phone at the farmhouse.
(d) An FBI agent picks up the phone at the warehouse.
2. Whose name does Harper mention in order to get released after only a short time under arrest?
(a) His mother-in-law's name.
(b) His father-in-law's name.
(c) His boss' name.
(d) His wife's name.
3. Miles is concerned about the fact that the killer knew where Dr. Lenz lived. How does he suspect the killer could have received that information?
(a) Computer hacking.
(b) An FBI leak.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What does Harper call and tell Dr. Lenz after reviewing the killer's recording?
(a) Miles and Harper had drawn out the killer.
(b) All of these.
(c) He and Miles executed a plan similar to Dr. Lenz with a fake identity.
(d) Miles and Harper's plan to draw out the killer had been too successful.
5. How does the killer react when the FBI enters the warehouse?
(a) He keeps typing, giving the impression that he is not there.
(b) He shoots at the FBI.
(c) He does not break the online connection, but runs from the FBI.
(d) He breaks off his conversation and tries to run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the killer tell Harper about himself on the recording he made in Harper's home?
2. Who else does Harper find dead in the study of his farmhouse?
3. How does the killer describe his and Kali's invasion of Harper's home?
4. What do Harper and Drewe see in Erin's open grave?
5. What does Harper tell Drewe to do on the computer, after he comes back with their guns?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Berkmann describe Kali? Why was she in Harper's house?
2. How does Drewe react when Harper asks if there is anything to be done about Berkmann's injuries? Why?
3. What does Miles discover about the killer? How does he find this information?
4. Does Erin's death match previous killings? Why or why not?
5. What does Harper discover when he arrives home with Mayeux? How does he react?
6. What theory does Miles have as to why the killer was interested in Erin?
7. Why does Berkmann say Erin died?
8. What does Erin tell Drewe about her plan of action? How does Drewe react?
9. How did the FBI track down the doctor they suspected was the killer? What was the result?
10. What does Bob Anderson say to Harper at Erin's burial service? Why?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)