|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drewe insist on seeing after overhearing her name in the conversation between the killer and Harper?
(a) The recording the killer made in Harper's house.
(b) Harper's online EROS profile.
(c) The photo of Erin sent to the killer.
(d) The cassette tape made by the killer in Harper's house.
2. Who contacts Harper via EROS, then turns the conversation over to Miles?
(a) Jan Krislov.
(b) Dr. Lenz.
(c) Drewe Cole.
(d) Detective Baxter.
3. What does Harper do once he realizes he and Drewe are in danger?
(a) Calls Bob Anderson.
(b) Alerts Drewe to their situation.
(c) All of these.
(d) Asks Miles to send the FBI to the farmhouse.
4. What reason does Harper give for them not being alerted to the fact that the killer was on the move?
(a) They were tracking the killer's movements and had detected nothing.
(b) All of these.
(c) The killer's messages had no typos.
(d) The killer was on the EROS system.
5. What does the killer tell Lilith at her questioning?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He is a member of the medical community.
(d) He is forty-seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miles say the killer could have tracked their fake "Erin" identity?
2. What message does Harper receive via EROS during his conversation with Miles?
3. What does Miles tell Harper about the virus they uploaded to the killer?
4. What injuries does Harper have from the altercation with the killer?
5. What does Harper see as they approach his farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Berkmann get so much information on Harper's relationship with Erin?
2. What does Bob Anderson say to Harper at Erin's burial service? Why?
3. What does Baxter's information about the FBI having a suspect remind Harper of? Why?
4. What happens as the FBI thinks the killer is approaching the safe house? As the reader, did you anticipate this happening? Why or why not?
5. Does Erin's death match previous killings? Why or why not?
6. What plan does Miles come up with for he and Harper to locate the killer?
7. What makes Harper and Miles give the FBI an anonymous tip about the donor registries? What do they find?
8. How does Berkmann describe Kali? Why was she in Harper's house?
9. What does Harper discover when he arrives home with Mayeux? How does he react?
10. How did the FBI track down the doctor they suspected was the killer? What was the result?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)