|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the woman who is missing in Michigan from the other women who have been targeted?
(a) The woman in Michigan was tortured before she was murdered.
(b) She did not meet the killer through EROS.
(c) She fought back with the killer.
(d) The woman in Michigan was taken, not murdered and left.
2. What question does Dr. Lenz ask Harper about his wife?
(a) He asks where Harper's wife is now.
(b) He asks if Harper is a member of EROS.
(c) He asks what Harper is hiding from his wife.
(d) All of these.
3. What are the aliases the killer uses?
(a) Shiva and Brahma.
(b) Brahma and Titan.
(c) Shiva and Prometheus.
(d) Prometheus and Titan.
4. What does the killer tell the FBI in his messages?
(a) All of these.
(b) They do not understand what he is doing.
(c) He will use only the number of victims necessary.
(d) If the FBI continues to harass him, they will be sorry.
5. What does the pineal gland do?
(a) It produces melatonin.
(b) It controls heart and pulmonary functions.
(c) It regulates brain activity.
(d) It produces seratonin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reader get details about the murder from the killer?
2. Who tells Harper that he spoke with Karin Wheat online?
3. What city is Edward in when the story opens?
4. Who is asleep in Dr. Lenz's waiting room when Harper arrives?
5. Who is going to pretend to be "Lilith" online?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people does Harper say EROS is built to attract?
2. What does the FBI learn after entering David Strobekker's apartment?
3. What does Miles call and tell Harper about the trace on the killer?
4. What do Harper and Miles agree to in Dr. Lenz's office? Why?
5. How does Harper discover that the killer has access to multiple accounts and passwords? How did the killer gain access to them?
6. What happens at home with Patrick and Erin when Harper returns? Why?
7. What does Miles do when Harper goes online to warn his online lover, Eleanor Markham, of the current danger? Why?
8. How does Miles convince Harper to stay with EROS as a system operator?
9. How does Harper feel about having a child with Drewe? What assumption does the author provide for his feelings?
10. Why does Harper agree to go and speak with Dr. Lenz?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)