|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harper call and tell the police?
(a) His wife knows who killed Karin Wheat and six other women.
(b) There is a connection between his friend Miles and the deaths of six women.
(c) There is a connection between Karin Wheat's death and the deaths of six other women.
(d) He killed Karin Wheat and six other women.
2. What does the FBI hope they will find at David Strobekker's apartment?
(a) Rosalind alive.
(b) Rosalind's body.
(c) Jenny's body.
(d) Jenny alive.
3. What does an EROS tech say the killer is doing as the FBI approaches his apartment?
(a) Interacting online with Miles.
(b) Interacting online with a female subscriber.
(c) He is not online at the time.
(d) He is online, but not currently interacting with anyone.
4. Where does Dr. Lenz invite Harper to see the case's conclusion?
(a) New Orleans.
5. What is Harper's explanation of "lurking"?
(a) Observing a conversation without participating.
(b) Going through old chat posts.
(c) Posting comments under an alias.
(d) Posting comments anonymously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for the Mobile Digital Command Post?
2. What does Harper do once his family loses the farm?
3. What does the FBI have planned for when they arrive at David Strobekker's apartment?
4. Who prompted the banks not to give Harper's father his annual loan?
5. Who does Harper tell the FBI he suspects is the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people does Harper say EROS is built to attract?
2. What makes Harper realize there is a connection between Karin Wheat's murder and other EROS members?
3. How does Harper react to Drewe telling him that Erin and Patrick are having marital problems? Why?
4. What does Drewe insist Miles and Harper do, now that they know what the killer is doing? What will she do in return?
5. What does the reader learn from the conversation between Harper and Miles about their online access?
6. Why is Harper taken to New Orleans for questioning?
7. What does the FBI learn after entering David Strobekker's apartment?
8. How does Harper feel about having a child with Drewe? What assumption does the author provide for his feelings?
9. How does Harper discover that the killer has access to multiple accounts and passwords? How did the killer gain access to them?
10. How does Miles convince Harper to stay with EROS as a system operator?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)