|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harper receive a call at 5:00 a.m. regarding EROS?
(a) A tech tells him that another blind-draft payment has bounced.
(b) The police want to question him about his EROS activity.
(c) He is told that there has been another murder.
(d) None of these.
2. Who does Harper find parked in the road just past his driveway?
3. Why does Harper agree to meet with Dr. Lenz?
(a) So they don't come and arrest him in his home.
(b) So the FBI will take the pressure off him and his wife.
(c) Because the killer has contacted him, and he is afraid of what will happen.
(d) So he can help them track down the killer.
4. What does Lenz tell Harper in private when they have reached the Mobile Digital Command Post?
(a) "It's your wife's sister."
(b) "It's your online lover."
(c) "It's your wife."
(d) "It's no one you know."
5. Who was killed in Minneapolis almost a year prior to Harper's conversation with the FBI?
(a) The real Miles Turner.
(b) The real David Strobekker.
(c) The real Harper Cole.
(d) The real Karin Wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Lenz invite Harper to see the case's conclusion?
2. What is Edward Berkmann's profession?
3. What does Harper do once his family loses the farm?
4. What does Harper tell Lenz on the way to the FBI safe house?
5. What does Drewe want from their relationship that Harper does not?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harper feel about Miles? What does he ask Dr. Lenz?
2. What does Harper agree to help Dr. Lenz do? Why?
3. What does the reader learn from the conversation between Harper and Miles about their online access?
4. How does Harper Cole become involved in EROS?
5. How does Harper discover that the killer has access to multiple accounts and passwords? How did the killer gain access to them?
6. What does the FBI learn after entering David Strobekker's apartment?
7. What kind of people does Harper say EROS is built to attract?
8. What do Harper and Miles agree to in Dr. Lenz's office? Why?
9. What does Harper tell Dr. Lenz about his relationship with Erin? Why?
10. Is the killer concerned about being caught? Why or why not? Give examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)