|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kali?
(a) The killer.
(b) The killer's accomplice.
(c) The killer's wife.
(d) The killer's sister.
2. Who is waiting for Harper when he gets back from visiting Erin?
(a) Both of these men.
(b) Detective Jim Overstreet.
(c) Neither of these men.
(d) Michael Mayeux.
3. What does Harper tell Drewe to do on the computer, after he comes back with their guns?
(a) He has her type a long note from him, outlining everything he plans to do to him.
(b) He has her type a long note from her, expressing her hurt and outrage at Harper.
(c) He has her type the lyrics of songs the killer had quoted previously.
(d) He has her type passages from the Bible.
4. Where does Miles claim to be when talking with Harper on the phone?
(a) He claims to be on the road.
(b) He claims to be in Harper's house.
(c) None of these.
(d) He claims to be in the killer's house.
5. What does Harper do with his guitar at Erin's burial site?
(a) He strums the strings thoughtfully.
(b) He gives it to Drewe.
(c) He sings her a farewell song.
(d) He lays it on her casket in the ground.
6. What does Miles install on Harper's computer?
(a) Voice synthesis and recognition software.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A tracking system.
7. What does Harper do to create a makeshift bomb in the office?
(a) He fills a pvc tube with gun powder, using guitar wire and lighter fluid to prepare it.
(b) He loads a laser jet printer cartridge with gun powder, uses a wire from his guitar, and reprograms the keyboard so any key prompts the print command.
(c) He loads a laser jet printer cartridge with gun powder and places it by the door, ready to shoot it when necessary.
(d) None of these.
8. Based on what Erin tells Drewe about her plans, what does Drewe fear Erin will do?
(a) Run away with Holly.
(b) Drewe considers all of these possibilites.
(c) Kill Patrick.
(d) Commit suicide.
9. What is the killer's first question to Erin?
(a) Whether or not she has heard about the killings.
(b) Whether she is using voice recognition software.
(c) Whether or not she is interested in a sexual relationship.
(d) Whether or not she is new to EROS.
10. Whose name does Harper mention in order to get released after only a short time under arrest?
(a) His father-in-law's name.
(b) His wife's name.
(c) His mother-in-law's name.
(d) His boss' name.
11. Where is Harper taken after Drewe is taken to her parents' house?
(a) The Yazoo County Sheriff's office.
(b) The mobile command unit.
(c) The local police station.
(d) The FBI office.
12. Who asks that the EROS system be temporarily shut down?
(a) Detective Baxter.
(c) Dr. Lenz.
(d) Jan Krislov.
13. What do Harper and Drewe see in Erin's open grave?
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A watch.
14. How does the killer react when the FBI enters the warehouse?
(a) He does not break the online connection, but runs from the FBI.
(b) He keeps typing, giving the impression that he is not there.
(c) He breaks off his conversation and tries to run.
(d) He shoots at the FBI.
15. Who contacts Harper via EROS, then turns the conversation over to Miles?
(a) Detective Baxter.
(b) Dr. Lenz.
(c) Jan Krislov.
(d) Drewe Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the killer discovered about the gland he has been studying in his victims?
2. What prevents Miles from locating the killer's "killing house"?
3. What does Drewe insist on seeing after overhearing her name in the conversation between the killer and Harper?
4. Who sends the message "I am the rain" on EROS?
5. Who admits that he once had sex with Drewe's sister, Erin?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)