|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miles believe the killer is during his conversation with Harper?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
2. Where does Drewe ask Harper to go the morning after she tells him about Erin's troubles?
(a) To go to the police to report Patrick.
(b) To go to Jackson to check on Erin.
(c) To go to the police to report Erin.
(d) To go New Orleans to check on Erin.
3. What does Miles tell Harper about his online lover, Eleanor Rigby?
(a) She is crippled.
(b) She is not a body double.
(c) All of these.
(d) She does not have a crippled sister.
4. What file does Miles use to plant the virus that Harper will send to the killer?
(a) A photograph of the real Erin.
(b) A photograph of Drewe.
(c) A photograph of someone they do not know.
(d) A photograph of an FBI agent who will pose as Erin.
5. Where is Harper taken after Drewe is taken to her parents' house?
(a) The mobile command unit.
(b) The FBI office.
(c) The local police station.
(d) The Yazoo County Sheriff's office.
6. What happens with the FBI shortly after Drewe leaves for work?
(a) The FBI have tracked the killer to Harper's neighbor's house.
(b) The FBI executes a search warrant for Harper's home.
(c) The FBI is coming to arrest Miles.
(d) The FBI surrounds the house with the intention of arresting Harper.
7. Why had they been tracking the person they suspected was the killer?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He had rented a car in the vicinity of every murder.
(c) They had traced him by way of an airplane that had arrived in the vicinity of every murder.
(d) He had hotel rooms in each of the cities where the murders took place.
8. What does Erin tell Harper about the secret they have kept together?
(a) She wants him to tell Drewe.
(b) She plans to tell Patrick.
(c) She says they were stupid to think they could keep a secret of this magnitude.
(d) All of these.
9. Why do Miles and Harper say that the person posing as Lilith was inconsistent?
(a) All of these.
(b) She asked the killer how she could find him in the future.
(c) She asked the killer what his real name was.
(d) She asked the killer where he lived.
10. How does Miles leave Harper's house after finding out the FBI is coming?
(a) Through the tunnel.
(b) Through the root cellar.
(c) Through a back bedroom window.
(d) Through the back door.
11. What option does Miles give for the killer's arrival in the area of Harper's home?
(a) He could have moved days ago and waited to strike.
(b) He could have been driven by someone else.
(c) He could have flown into a nearby landing strip maintained for crop dusters.
(d) None of these.
12. What does the killer express a veiled apology for in his note to Dr. Lenz?
(a) The killer has killed another woman and blames Dr. Lenz.
(b) The killer has killed Dr. Lenz.
(c) The killer has killed Dr. Lenz's wife.
(d) The killer has killed the FBI decoy.
13. Miles is concerned about the fact that the killer knew where Dr. Lenz lived. How does he suspect the killer could have received that information?
(a) Computer hacking.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) An FBI leak.
(d) Both of these.
14. Why does Harper quietly lock the office door, locking himself and Drewe inside?
(a) He now believes Miles is the killer, and is coming after him and Drewe.
(b) None of these.
(c) He is sure the killer is on his way to the farmhouse.
(d) He believes one of the killer's accomplices is in the farmhouse.
15. What does Harper doubt Dr. Lenz can adequately do?
(a) Locate the killer.
(b) Pretend to be the killer.
(c) Pretend to be a woman.
(d) Pretend to be a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles call to tell Harper while Harper is cleaning up the blood in his study?
2. What does the killer tell Lilith at her questioning?
3. What does Harper do to create a makeshift bomb in the office?
4. What do Harper and Drewe see in Erin's open grave?
5. Where is a plane found that is suspected of being used by the killer?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)