|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harper tell the FBI he suspects is the killer?
(a) Miles Turner.
(b) Edward Berkmann.
(c) David Strobekker.
(d) None of these.
2. How does the reader get details about the murder from the killer?
(a) The killer's letters to the police.
(b) The killer's conversations with his accomplices.
(c) The killer's letters to his father.
(d) A look inside the killer's mind.
3. Who is the first person who comes into the room where Harper is sleeping at home?
4. Who does Harper ask about the pineal gland?
(a) Drewe's sister, Erin, who is a physician.
(b) His wife, Drewe.
(c) His friend, Miles.
(d) A friend of his who is a physician.
5. Who interrupts Harper and tells him that warning someone on EROS is a bad idea?
(a) Jan Krislov.
(b) None of these.
(c) Michael Mayeux.
(d) Miles Turner.
6. What does the killer indicate, in his writings, that he needs before committing another murder?
(a) A day to rest and steady his fingers.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A day to collect his next patient.
(d) Neither of these.
7. What does Harper notice about the dead women's activities on EROS?
(a) Their payments had continued to come in.
(b) They had been very active on the service.
(c) All of these.
(d) They had dropped off the service.
8. What does Drewe want from their relationship that Harper does not?
(c) A divorce.
(d) Some time apart.
9. What does the killer tell the FBI in his messages?
(a) He will use only the number of victims necessary.
(b) They do not understand what he is doing.
(c) If the FBI continues to harass him, they will be sorry.
(d) All of these.
10. Why does Harper receive a call at 5:00 a.m. regarding EROS?
(a) A tech tells him that another blind-draft payment has bounced.
(b) The police want to question him about his EROS activity.
(c) He is told that there has been another murder.
(d) None of these.
11. Who is the second person who stops to talk to Harper when he is in bed at home?
12. Who asks for full access to the EROS system?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The New Orleans police.
(c) Miles Turner.
(d) Harper Cole.
13. What does Harper say about the killer's typing as the date of the murder approaches?
(a) It has more typographical errors in it.
(b) It turns into all capital letters.
(c) It becomes more violent.
(d) It becomes shorter and less involved.
14. What is Edward Berkmann's profession?
(a) General practitioner.
15. How many messages does the killer send the FBI?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pineal gland do?
2. What city is Edward in when the story opens?
3. Who is having marital problems?
4. What happened to Harper while hunting as a young boy?
5. What is the name of the woman with the killer when he commits the murder in Michigan?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)