|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenz tell Harper in private when they have reached the Mobile Digital Command Post?
(a) "It's your wife's sister."
(b) "It's your online lover."
(c) "It's no one you know."
(d) "It's your wife."
2. How does Harper hope the FBI will catch the killer?
(a) By following a trail of breadcrumbs.
(b) By posing as a woman online.
(c) By tracing his written letters.
(d) By figuring out his true identity.
3. What alias does Harper find the killer using, talking to a woman named Sarah?
4. Who is having marital problems?
(a) Bob and Margaret.
(b) None of these.
(c) Erin and Patrick.
(d) Drewe and Harper.
5. What city is Edward in when the story opens?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
6. Who does Harper ask about the pineal gland?
(a) His friend, Miles.
(b) A friend of his who is a physician.
(c) Drewe's sister, Erin, who is a physician.
(d) His wife, Drewe.
7. What is the theory about the pineal gland?
(a) The killer is running experiments on the victims' glands before killing them.
(b) All of these.
(c) The killer is harvesting the glands to put them in older patients.
(d) The killer is extracting secretions from the glands.
8. How does the killer send the FBI messages?
(a) He hacks into the computer network and delivers the message.
(b) He emails the FBI.
(c) He calls the FBI.
(d) He mails the FBI a letter.
9. How many levels of chat are there on EROS?
10. Who are Panikkar and Bhagat?
(a) Two of the people murdered.
(b) Aliases used on EROS.
(c) Two of the FBI agents investigating the homicides.
(d) Two of the killer's accomplices.
11. Where has the FBI tracked David Strobekker?
(c) New Orleans.
12. What happened to Harper while hunting as a young boy?
(a) He was taken by a stranger.
(b) He was shot in the leg with a pellet gun.
(c) He was shot in the arm with a pellet gun.
(d) He became lost in the woods.
13. What does Miles say the killer uses to send email messages?
(a) A fake email address.
(b) An anonymous server.
(c) All of these.
(d) An anonymous remailer.
14. Who was killed in Minneapolis almost a year prior to Harper's conversation with the FBI?
(a) The real David Strobekker.
(b) The real Karin Wheat.
(c) The real Harper Cole.
(d) The real Miles Turner.
15. What does Harper do once his family loses the farm?
(a) Gets a job with the Board of Exchange.
(b) Trades stocks fearlessly for himself.
(c) All of these.
(d) Moves to Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has the killer been traced?
2. Who is going to pretend to be "Lilith" online?
3. What story does Harper recall when thinking about the FBI catching the killer?
4. What does Harper do once he has enough money?
5. What does the killer tell the FBI in his messages?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)