|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pineal gland do?
(a) It produces seratonin.
(b) It controls heart and pulmonary functions.
(c) It produces melatonin.
(d) It regulates brain activity.
2. What is the nickname for the Mobile Digital Command Post?
(a) Dr. Cop.
(b) Dig Comm.
(c) Comm Post.
(d) Dr. Command.
3. What does Harper say about the killer's typing as the date of the murder approaches?
(a) It turns into all capital letters.
(b) It becomes more violent.
(c) It becomes shorter and less involved.
(d) It has more typographical errors in it.
4. What does the killer tell the woman in Michigan?
(a) He tells her why he chose to come for her.
(b) None of these.
(c) He tells her what he plans to do with her.
(d) He tells her who he is and why he is there.
5. Who has an outstanding drug charge hanging over his head?
6. What is Harper's explanation of "lurking"?
(a) Observing a conversation without participating.
(b) Posting comments under an alias.
(c) Posting comments anonymously.
(d) Going through old chat posts.
7. What is the theory about the pineal gland?
(a) All of these.
(b) The killer is extracting secretions from the glands.
(c) The killer is harvesting the glands to put them in older patients.
(d) The killer is running experiments on the victims' glands before killing them.
8. What does Drewe want from their relationship that Harper does not?
(a) Some time apart.
(d) A divorce.
9. What letter does the killer consider using as "an addendum to my official findings"?
(a) The letter describing the death of Karin Wheat.
(b) The letter describing the death of Jenny in Virginia Beach.
(c) The letter describing the death of Drewe Cole.
(d) The letter describing the death of Rosalind Michigan.
10. How does Harper hope the FBI will catch the killer?
(a) By following a trail of breadcrumbs.
(b) By posing as a woman online.
(c) By figuring out his true identity.
(d) By tracing his written letters.
11. Who tells Harper that he spoke with Karin Wheat online?
(a) Michael Mayeux.
(b) Miles Turner.
(c) Drewe Cole.
(d) Jan Krislov.
12. How many people does Drewe estimate the killer has working with him?
13. What does the killer say in a letter after the FBI storms David Strobekker's apartment?
(a) That the FBI almost had him at the apartment.
(b) That the FBI is disappointing.
(c) That the FBI is getting closer.
(d) That the FBI is ridiculous.
14. What does Harper tell Lenz on the way to the FBI safe house?
(a) He tells him the truth about his relationship with Eleanor.
(b) He tells him the truth about his relationship with the killer.
(c) He tells him the truth about his relationship with Erin.
(d) He tells him the truth about his relationship with Miles.
15. What does the FBI find when they push into David Strobekker's apartment?
(a) A computer hard drive.
(b) All of these.
(c) The killer's hostage.
(d) The killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pact do Harper and Miles make?
2. Who wakes Harper at 5:00 a.m. with a phone call about EROS?
3. Who is asleep in Dr. Lenz's waiting room when Harper arrives?
4. How many levels of chat are there on EROS?
5. How does the reader get details about the murder from the killer?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)