|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the items called that pour the moments of every living person's life from the future into the past?
2. What does Mort realize is happening?
3. What does Lezek speculate might be one thing that people look at when choosing an apprentice?
4. What does Mort NOT smell when he sniffs the scumble?
5. What does Goodie say she was guaranteed as part of the arrangement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mort goes into the tavern?
2. Who is the second person that Mort retrieves?
3. What does Death's house look like?
4. Describe what happens in Cutwell's home?
5. Describe the barrier wall that reality is creating because of Mort's interaction.
6. What changes have taken place in Mort that are described when Mort first walks into the tavern?
7. What does Death explain about the way he is perceived by people?
8. Describe what Mort asks Death for and what Death's response is.
9. Describe what happens when Mort is with Death as the king is about to be assassinated.
10. Describe the scene while Princess Keli is laying in bed listening to sounds not being made.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Was Mort wrong to try and save Princess Keli? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why did Ysabell choose to help Mort rather than stay loyal to her father?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What role does magic play in the story?
Part 2) Death says that what he does isn't magic? Describe what it is that Death does and why he can walk through walls.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe the wizards at the Unseen University.
Part 2) How do these wizards compare with Albert?
Part 3) How does Albert's life as a servant compare with how he acts when he returns to the Unseen University? Speculate on the reasons for this change.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)