|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the owl that Mort watches fly through the iridescent wall?
2. What does Mort give the guard at the gate so that he can gain admittance?
3. What does Ysabell explain about her age?
4. What decorates most of the doors in Death's house?
5. What does Ysabell NOT say about Mort while walking to the pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Cutwell's home?
2. What does Mort do while shoveling manure?
3. Who is the first person that Mort is sent to attend to on his own and what happens?
4. Describe what is going through Mort's mind when he first wakes up in Death's home.
5. Describe the scene while Princess Keli is laying in bed listening to sounds not being made.
6. Describe what happens when Mort is with Death as the king is about to be assassinated.
7. What does Mort tell Ysabell about his trouble and what does she respond?
8. What does Ysabell explain about her relationship with Death and her life there with him?
9. Who is the second person that Mort retrieves?
10. Why does Lezek decide to take his son to town to become an apprentice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Which plots in the story might be saved for later books in the series?
Part 2) Which of the characters will most likely make another appearance in the Discworld series? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Mort's father? Is there any indication as to what type of relationship they had?
Part 2) Speculate on the reasons why Mort's father isn't seen again.
Essay Topic 3
Look at Death.
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Death chose Mort to be his apprentice?
Part 2) Is it possible that Death chose Mort simply to be Ysabell's husband and for no other reason or did Death intend to retire from the beginning?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)