|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing the strange dome around Sto Lat why doesn't Mort realize that everything will fix itself to what it should be if he simply doesn't interfere again?
2. What does Mort finally say he knows he wants?
3. What does Death say he is in town looking for?
4. What does Mort get up the courage to ask Death?
5. What does Mort compare Ysabel's eyebrows to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ysabell explain about her relationship with Death and her life there with him?
2. Describe what happens in Cutwell's home?
3. Describe the scene while Princess Keli is laying in bed listening to sounds not being made.
4. Describe Keli's meeting with the wizard.
5. What does Death's house look like?
6. Who is the first person that Mort is sent to attend to on his own and what happens?
7. Describe the barrier wall that reality is creating because of Mort's interaction.
8. Describe the conversation that Death and Mort have when Mort first explains that things didn't go as smoothly as they should have for the first three charges he was sent after.
9. Describe what Albert says about his life before he came to live with Death.
10. What changes have taken place in Mort that are described when Mort first walks into the tavern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Was Mort wrong to try and save Princess Keli? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why did Ysabell choose to help Mort rather than stay loyal to her father?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Death adopted Ysabell.
Part 2) Why did Death allow Albert to become his servant?
Part 3) How is this significant when paired with the fact that Death is willing to send everyone else to Oblivion for interfering with fate?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What does Ysabell mean when she says that Death cannot create, he can only make copies?
Part 2) In what ways does Death contradict the image that Ysabell and Albert create in their descriptions of him?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)