|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Mort when he looks at Death for the first time?
2. What does Death say he has done with Mort's father?
3. What does Ysabell explain that everything in Death's home is?
4. How many times does the abbot explain he has been reincarnated?
5. What does Death say he is in town looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Death explain about the way he is perceived by people?
2. What does Death's house look like?
3. Why does Lezek decide to take his son to town to become an apprentice?
4. What happens when Mort goes into the tavern?
5. Describe the scene while Princess Keli is laying in bed listening to sounds not being made.
6. What happens when Mort walks in the Shades in Ankh-Morpork?
7. Describe Keli's meeting with the wizard.
8. Describe the barrier wall that reality is creating because of Mort's interaction.
9. Explain who the Listeners are.
10. Who is the first person that Mort is sent to attend to on his own and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Was Mort wrong to try and save Princess Keli? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why did Ysabell choose to help Mort rather than stay loyal to her father?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Death adopted Ysabell.
Part 2) Why did Death allow Albert to become his servant?
Part 3) How is this significant when paired with the fact that Death is willing to send everyone else to Oblivion for interfering with fate?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What role does magic play in the story?
Part 2) Death says that what he does isn't magic? Describe what it is that Death does and why he can walk through walls.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)