|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the torches of Sto Lat illuminate?
(a) A statement of Keli's good health.
(b) Royal proclamations of Keli's long rule.
(c) An announcement of a royal ball.
(d) Pictures of Princess Keli.
2. What does Albert do to the statue of himself?
(a) Writes his name on it.
(b) Changes the nose on it.
(c) Destroys it.
(d) Pees on it.
3. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
(a) Princess Keli.
4. Why does Mort say he knows he is going mad when they get to Sto Lat?
(a) He can feel what Binky is thinking.
(b) He can hear Death calling him.
(c) He saw an elephant.
(d) He can feel reality struggling to right itself.
5. Why does Ysabell tell Death that she chose to help Mort?
(a) She was dying for an adventure.
(b) She has been a prisoner too long.
(c) It seemed like the thing to do.
(d) She loves him.
6. What is the reason that Mort can walk through walls and drink harsh drinks with little or no effect on himself?
(a) He is becoming dangerously real.
(b) Binky has given Mort a short amount of magic.
(c) He is taking over Death's magic abilities.
(d) He is becoming a ghost.
7. What are the impressive words that Curtwell says while crowning Keli queen?
(a) A spell to cure constipation.
(b) A spell to get rid of fleas.
(c) A spell that has to do with irritable bowel syndrome.
(d) A spell to fix club foot.
8. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
(a) A priest.
(b) A duke.
(c) A king.
(d) A grand vizier.
9. What does Albert tell Mort about the fact that Mort is becoming more like Death?
(a) Death has tricked Mort.
(b) Mort cannot do what Death has done.
(c) Mort will have to be the one to kill Death.
(d) Mort can't control it forever.
10. What does Keli tell Cutwell about her dress?
(a) It has a magical lining to protect her.
(b) It was made just for her coronation.
(c) It conceles her crossbow very well.
(d) It is a family heirloom.
11. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
(a) Throws himself on the princess.
(b) Runs for cover.
(c) Hides behind the priest.
(d) Grabs a spear.
12. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
(a) What Albert will do ten years from now.
(b) The reality of Keli's new life.
(c) Albert's life history.
(d) Albert's hidden spells.
13. What does Cutwell say that the road to enlightenment is like?
(a) Having your fingernails pulled out and then used to scratch a chalk board.
(b) Half a mile of broken glass.
(d) A face full of bad fireworks.
14. What does Albert say about his interior beneath the crusty exterior?
(a) It's pretty crusty too.
(b) It's hollow.
(c) It's the crusty exterior holding in the sludgy interior.
(d) It's full of greasy eggs and fried bread.
15. What does Mort decide to do before the dome closes?
(a) Take them to Death's realm.
(b) Go find Death.
(c) Go find the other Cutwell.
(d) Kill Keli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death reply when Wa asks if it is too late to say he was sorry?
2. What does Death tell the bartender?
3. What does the Duke say will happen to Cutwell?
4. What does Death tell the angry woman that enters the employment agency in order to get her to leave?
5. What does Death answer when he is asked if he is a friend of the Patrician?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)