|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke say will happen to Cutwell?
(a) Nothing. He is of no concern.
(c) His hands to be chopped off.
2. What does Albert retrieve from the trunk under his bed after Mort and Ysabell have gone?
(a) His wizarding robe.
(b) His old spell books.
(c) The copy of his agreement with Death.
(d) His hour glass.
3. What does Death explain is one of his particular skills while applying for another job?
(a) Expertise with agricultural implements.
(b) Able to seperate the physical from the spiritual.
(c) Can fly through realms on his horse Binky.
(d) Ability to manipulate a person's perception of reality.
4. What does Albert do to the landlord that talked back to him at the tavern?
(a) Turned him into a mouse.
(b) Turned him into a toad.
(c) Told him to put it on the Unseen University's tab.
(d) Took away his mouth.
5. What does Keli tell Cutwell about her dress?
(a) It has a magical lining to protect her.
(b) It conceles her crossbow very well.
(c) It is a family heirloom.
(d) It was made just for her coronation.
6. What does Cutwell say about the dome that reality has created?
(a) It will be interesting to watch but not from the inside.
(b) Mort will die if he stays there.
(c) In it's last moments it will kill everyone inside.
(d) It is a magic backlash.
7. What does the doorknocker on Cutwell's home tell Mort that makes him angry?
(a) It tells Mort to piss off.
(b) It tells Mort that Mort has to serve him.
(c) It says that Princess Keli has died.
(d) It refers to Princess Keli as Cutwell's girlfriend.
8. What is written on the bottom of Albert's statue?
(a) We will not see his like again.
(b) Greater knowledge was his cup.
(c) He will be sorely missed.
(d) We owe fried bread to him.
9. What does Ysabell tell Mort when he says he has finished his apprenticeship?
(a) He can be fired.
(b) You're whatever you think you are.
(c) She loves him.
(d) That this isn't the future she envisioned.
10. What does Cutwell say will be happening when the dome reaches them?
(a) The princess' birthday party.
(b) The princess' coronation.
(c) A royal feast to celebrate Cutwell's position.
(d) The princess' wedding.
11. What does Ysabell tell Keli when Keli says there must be something they can do to help Mort in the battle?
(a) It won't matter.
(b) It is a violation of the rules.
(c) Death would kill them.
(d) Mort will lose either way.
12. What answer does Terpsic receive when he asks why he was saved?
(a) It wasn't his time.
(b) For later.
(c) Why not?
(d) It was duty.
13. What does Keli say about the arrow that Cutwell shot at Mort?
(a) It went right through where Mort's heart should have been.
(b) It seemed to become invisible while traveling through Mort.
(c) It just disappered.
(d) It went around Mort.
14. What does Ysabell ask Mort about when they first enter the room of the lifetimers?
(a) If he has been on a diet.
(b) If he is feeling quiet well.
(c) What color his eyes were.
(d) How long he has been bald.
15. What does Mort offer to do?
(a) Trade his life for theirs.
(b) Be Death's servant forever.
(c) Fight Death for his friends.
(d) Fix reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Cutwell been using as a bookmark in his book?
2. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
3. What does Mort reply when the guard asks if Mort is friend or foe?
4. Why does Albert explain he doesn't want to die?
5. What does the emperor say he wants the guards to do when the Vizier says that he is too full to eat the last bite of his food?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)