|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cutwell say about the author of the magic book that he and Mort are looking at?
(a) His hat was magical.
(b) He was half god.
(c) It is the person that founded the Unseen University.
(d) He was the first wizard.
2. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
(a) The reality of Keli's new life.
(b) Albert's hidden spells.
(c) Albert's life history.
(d) What Albert will do ten years from now.
3. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
(b) Vengeance, cruelty and distaste.
(c) A changing that could not be described.
(d) Hatred, love and disappointment.
4. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
(a) A grand vizier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A king.
(d) A duke.
5. What does Death tell the angry woman that enters the employment agency in order to get her to leave?
(a) Begone, you black and midnight hag.
(b) May all the demons of hell rend your living spirit.
(c) That he will give her money to leave.
(d) That he will ahve the searing winds of infinity scorch her worthless carcass.
6. What does Death tell the bartender?
(a) He always hated his brother.
(b) He has been so lonely for soo long.
(c) Everyone hates him and he never gets invited to parties.
(d) He was made fun of in high school.
7. What reason does Mort give Albert to help them?
(a) In order to make his past wrongs right.
(b) To save Death form a fate worse than death.
(c) So that Albert can have a friend on the other side.
(d) So that Albert can continue to serve Death.
8. How old does Cutwell say he is when the princess calls him old?
(b) A very young fifty-two.
(c) Not that old.
9. What cheers up Terpsic when he is plunged beneath the waters and believes he is about to die?
(a) To think that his wife will be a widow.
(b) That he died while fishing.
(c) To know that this will be a great fishing story.
(d) To know that he will go see his passed family members.
10. What does Mort offer to do?
(a) Be Death's servant forever.
(b) Trade his life for theirs.
(c) Fix reality.
(d) Fight Death for his friends.
11. Who does Death say he thinks he can be friends with?
(a) The bartender.
(d) The green bottle.
12. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(d) Death lost count after forty.
13. What does Death answer when he is asked if he is a friend of the Patrician?
(a) They are soon to be very well acquainted.
(b) No. He doesn't have friends.
(c) The Patrician puts business his way.
(d) He knows almost everyone eventually.
14. What do the torches of Sto Lat illuminate?
(a) Royal proclamations of Keli's long rule.
(b) Pictures of Princess Keli.
(c) A statement of Keli's good health.
(d) An announcement of a royal ball.
15. What does Mort reply when the guard asks if Mort is friend or foe?
(a) Which would you prefer?
(d) I'll tell you when I return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert retrieve from the trunk under his bed after Mort and Ysabell have gone?
2. What does Albert say about his interior beneath the crusty exterior?
3. What does Ysabell explain when Death walks out into the hall?
4. What does Cutwell say about the dome that reality has created?
5. What job does Death find employment as?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)