|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
(a) Grabs a spear.
(b) Throws himself on the princess.
(c) Hides behind the priest.
(d) Runs for cover.
2. Why does Albert explain he doesn't want to die?
(a) He has enemies waiting for him on the other side.
(b) He is afraid of the pain.
(c) He isn't sure he could handle dying.
(d) He believes he won't go to heaven.
3. What does Mort say when Ysabell asks if a plan has presented itself to Mort?
(a) Not yet.
(b) That she asks too many questions.
(c) Yes, but he is unsure of it.
(d) Sort of.
4. What does Albert do to the landlord that talked back to him at the tavern?
(a) Took away his mouth.
(b) Turned him into a mouse.
(c) Turned him into a toad.
(d) Told him to put it on the Unseen University's tab.
5. What does Ysabell tell Mort when he says he has finished his apprenticeship?
(a) He can be fired.
(b) That this isn't the future she envisioned.
(c) You're whatever you think you are.
(d) She loves him.
6. What does Ysabell tell Keli when Keli says there must be something they can do to help Mort in the battle?
(a) Mort will lose either way.
(b) Death would kill them.
(c) It is a violation of the rules.
(d) It won't matter.
7. Who does Death say he thinks he can be friends with?
(a) The bartender.
(d) The green bottle.
8. What happens when Keli puts the crossbow down on the table?
(a) It goes off and flies through Mort.
(b) It shoots Cutwell.
(c) It falls to the floor and zings around the room several times before hitting the royal dog.
(d) It shoots one of the guards.
9. What does Terpsic hate doing?
(a) Catching a fish.
(b) Cleaning the fish.
(d) Cooking the fish.
10. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
(a) A king.
(b) A grand vizier.
(c) A priest.
(d) A duke.
11. What does Keli tell Cutwell about her dress?
(a) It has a magical lining to protect her.
(b) It was made just for her coronation.
(c) It conceles her crossbow very well.
(d) It is a family heirloom.
12. What does Cutwell say when Mort arrives inside what remains of the reality with Princess Keli alive?
(a) That it is too late to stop it.
(b) That he doesn't have his hat.
(c) That reality has won.
(d) That the reality is too small for him to do any magic.
13. What does Ysabell explain when Death walks out into the hall?
(a) Death wants Mort to win.
(b) Death intends to kill Mort.
(c) This is a great sport for Death.
(d) Death does this kind of thing all the time.
14. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(d) Death lost count after forty.
15. What references does Mort find that let him know that this is in fact Albert's life history?
(a) Comments on the eggs Albert makes.
(b) References to fried bread.
(c) A meeting between Death and Albert.
(d) A beard hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death tell the angry woman that enters the employment agency in order to get her to leave?
2. What is the reason that Mort can walk through walls and drink harsh drinks with little or no effect on himself?
3. What does Keli say about the arrow that Cutwell shot at Mort?
4. How does Harga's House of Ribs let their customers know what is available to eat?
5. What does Death tell the bartender?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)