|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mort reply when the guard asks if Mort is friend or foe?
(a) Which would you prefer?
(c) I'll tell you when I return.
2. What present does Death give Mort that is more of a personal nature?
(a) Mort's book.
(b) A scythe.
(c) Albert's fried bread recipe.
(d) A robe just like Death's.
3. What does Death tell Mort he prefers to goodbye?
(a) Till next time.
(b) Au revoir.
(c) See you around.
(d) A hug.
4. What does Cutwell do as Mort tells them all to be quiet?
(a) Goes up and pokes Keli with a spear.
(b) Shoots Mort in the back.
(c) Breaks the arrow into two pieces.
(d) Starts making notes about Death's apprentice.
5. How does Harga's House of Ribs let their customers know what is available to eat?
(a) Several small menues stolen from other restaurants.
(b) A gnome that cries out the specials.
(c) By looking Harga's vest.
(d) A board with greasy finger prints.
6. What animal does Cutwell choose for the sacrificial animal for the princess' coronation?
(a) A snail.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A fat goat.
(d) A partially dead chicken.
7. When Mort begins thinking about the fact that Death doesn't have a reason to be late what does Mort realize about Death?
(a) Death is ready to have the world end.
(b) Death must be the loneliest creature in the universe.
(c) Death must be in real trouble.
(d) Death knows that he is becoming Death himself.
8. What does Mort answer when Ysabell says that Mort isn't Death?
(a) Death is whoever does Death's job.
(b) That is all changing.
(c) Death is only a perspective.
(d) Death is as Death does.
9. What do the torches of Sto Lat illuminate?
(a) A statement of Keli's good health.
(b) An announcement of a royal ball.
(c) Pictures of Princess Keli.
(d) Royal proclamations of Keli's long rule.
10. What does Death give Mort as a wedding present?
(a) The understanding of the universe.
(c) A bag of never ending gold.
(d) A pearl of reality.
11. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
(a) Princess Keli.
12. What does Death tell the angry woman that enters the employment agency in order to get her to leave?
(a) Begone, you black and midnight hag.
(b) May all the demons of hell rend your living spirit.
(c) That he will give her money to leave.
(d) That he will ahve the searing winds of infinity scorch her worthless carcass.
13. What is Terpsic Mims?
(a) A wizard.
(b) A dropout.
(c) An angler.
(d) A Listener.
14. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
(a) It is in runes and scribes.
(b) They are written in Old.
(c) It is in a different language.
(d) They use only symbols.
15. What feeling does Death get when he fails at walking through a wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Terpsic receive when he asks why he was saved?
2. Who does Death say he thinks he can be friends with?
3. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
4. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
5. What does Death tell Mort that he must do?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)