|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Keli puts the crossbow down on the table?
(a) It shoots Cutwell.
(b) It falls to the floor and zings around the room several times before hitting the royal dog.
(c) It shoots one of the guards.
(d) It goes off and flies through Mort.
2. How much time does Albert say he has left if he returns to the world?
(a) Ninety-one days.
(b) Two years.
(c) A month.
3. What does Albert offer Mort when he begins explaining about the nodes?
(a) Some fried bread.
(b) A peppermint.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A piece of gum.
4. What does Mort say when Albert explains that there was an agreement and a pact?
(a) It was not an agreement with Mort.
(b) Their is a price everyone must pay.
(c) He is breaking the deal.
(d) Mort doesn't care.
5. What does Ysabell tell Mort and Albert?
(a) That there is a trick and the key is in Death's eyes.
(b) That she can do the nodes.
(c) That she knows who can do the nodes.
(d) That Binky knows how.
6. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(d) Death lost count after forty.
7. What does Keli tell Cutwell about her dress?
(a) It was made just for her coronation.
(b) It has a magical lining to protect her.
(c) It is a family heirloom.
(d) It conceles her crossbow very well.
8. What does Albert decide while using magic and telling the magicians that they need to wield their power?
(a) Albert decides he should stay and help the poor wizards.
(b) Albert decides that he has missed the power and he is going to stay here.
(c) Albert decides to go back to Death's realm immediately.
(d) Albert decides that magicians are a waste of time.
9. What does Ysabell tell Mort when she wakes him up?
(a) Death has come to say he is quiting.
(b) Binky has disappeared.
(c) Death's realm is beginning to disolve.
(d) Death has not returned.
10. What is the reason that Mort can walk through walls and drink harsh drinks with little or no effect on himself?
(a) He is becoming dangerously real.
(b) Binky has given Mort a short amount of magic.
(c) He is becoming a ghost.
(d) He is taking over Death's magic abilities.
11. What does Cutwell offer Mort when Mort arrives at the palace?
(b) A pain killer.
(c) A enchanted sprout made to look like a strawberry.
(d) A dancing chocolate frog.
12. What present does Death give Mort that is more of a personal nature?
(a) Albert's fried bread recipe.
(b) Mort's book.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A robe just like Death's.
13. What job does Death find employment as?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A fry cook.
(c) An executioner.
(d) A butcher.
14. What had Cutwell been using as a bookmark in his book?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) An old chicken bone.
(c) A magic ribbon.
(d) A slice of cheese.
15. What does the Duke say will happen to Cutwell?
(b) Nothing. He is of no concern.
(d) His hands to be chopped off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ysabell tell Death that she chose to help Mort?
2. How does Harga's House of Ribs let their customers know what is available to eat?
3. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
4. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
5. Who hides Albert's staff?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)