|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mort tell Ysabell about the statues that are in the king's chambers?
(a) They were servants.
(b) They represent the king's court.
(c) They are supposed to protect the king.
(d) They are so the king will feel loved.
2. What does Albert retrieve from the trunk under his bed after Mort and Ysabell have gone?
(a) His old spell books.
(b) The copy of his agreement with Death.
(c) His hour glass.
(d) His wizarding robe.
3. What does Mort answer when Ysabell says that Mort isn't Death?
(a) That is all changing.
(b) Death is whoever does Death's job.
(c) Death is as Death does.
(d) Death is only a perspective.
4. What does Mort do without realizing while talking with himself?
(a) Kill one of the guards.
(b) Become transparent.
(c) Ride through the palace gates.
(d) Go through the walls at the Princess's home.
5. What does Mort say when Ysabell asks if a plan has presented itself to Mort?
(a) That she asks too many questions.
(b) Not yet.
(c) Yes, but he is unsure of it.
(d) Sort of.
6. Why does Albert explain he doesn't want to die?
(a) He isn't sure he could handle dying.
(b) He believes he won't go to heaven.
(c) He is afraid of the pain.
(d) He has enemies waiting for him on the other side.
7. What references does Mort find that let him know that this is in fact Albert's life history?
(a) A meeting between Death and Albert.
(b) References to fried bread.
(c) A beard hair.
(d) Comments on the eggs Albert makes.
8. What does Albert do to the statue of himself?
(a) Changes the nose on it.
(b) Pees on it.
(c) Writes his name on it.
(d) Destroys it.
9. What is Cutwell supposed to produce for Keli's coronation?
(a) A magical drink for the queen.
(c) Spirits of the long departed.
(d) A talking dragon.
10. What does Albert say about his interior beneath the crusty exterior?
(a) It's hollow.
(b) It's the crusty exterior holding in the sludgy interior.
(c) It's full of greasy eggs and fried bread.
(d) It's pretty crusty too.
11. What does Ysabell tell Mort when she wakes him up?
(a) Death's realm is beginning to disolve.
(b) Death has not returned.
(c) Death has come to say he is quiting.
(d) Binky has disappeared.
12. What does Cutwell say when Mort arrives inside what remains of the reality with Princess Keli alive?
(a) That the reality is too small for him to do any magic.
(b) That reality has won.
(c) That he doesn't have his hat.
(d) That it is too late to stop it.
13. What does Death tell Mort that he must do?
(a) Make sure that Keli and Cutwell get married.
(b) Make up for the elephant fiasco.
(c) Unite the kingdoms.
(d) Take good care of Ysabell.
14. What does Death tell Mort he prefers to goodbye?
(a) A hug.
(b) Till next time.
(c) See you around.
(d) Au revoir.
15. What does Cutwell say about the author of the magic book that he and Mort are looking at?
(a) He was half god.
(b) It is the person that founded the Unseen University.
(c) He was the first wizard.
(d) His hat was magical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Albert say he has left if he returns to the world?
2. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
3. What does Ysabell explain when Death walks out into the hall?
4. What does Albert do to the landlord that talked back to him at the tavern?
5. What cheers up Terpsic when he is plunged beneath the waters and believes he is about to die?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)