|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(a) Death lost count after forty.
2. What does Death say will happen to the people that are involved in what Mort has done?
(a) They will go to the dungeon dimension.
(b) They will wander the world cursed forever.
(c) They will be doomed to oblivion.
(d) They will have to die for what they have seen.
3. What job does Death find employment as?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A fry cook.
(d) A butcher.
4. What does Albert offer Mort when he begins explaining about the nodes?
(a) A piece of gum.
(b) A cookie.
(c) A peppermint.
(d) Some fried bread.
5. What does Mort offer to do?
(a) Trade his life for theirs.
(b) Be Death's servant forever.
(c) Fight Death for his friends.
(d) Fix reality.
6. What does Albert say about his interior beneath the crusty exterior?
(a) It's the crusty exterior holding in the sludgy interior.
(b) It's hollow.
(c) It's full of greasy eggs and fried bread.
(d) It's pretty crusty too.
7. Why does Albert explain he doesn't want to die?
(a) He isn't sure he could handle dying.
(b) He is afraid of the pain.
(c) He believes he won't go to heaven.
(d) He has enemies waiting for him on the other side.
8. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
(a) A changing that could not be described.
(b) Vengeance, cruelty and distaste.
(d) Hatred, love and disappointment.
9. What is Cutwell supposed to produce for Keli's coronation?
(b) Spirits of the long departed.
(c) A talking dragon.
(d) A magical drink for the queen.
10. What does Ysabell tell Mort and Albert?
(a) That Binky knows how.
(b) That there is a trick and the key is in Death's eyes.
(c) That she can do the nodes.
(d) That she knows who can do the nodes.
11. What does Mort reply when the guard asks if Mort is friend or foe?
(b) I'll tell you when I return.
(d) Which would you prefer?
12. What does Cutwell NOT say when Keli asks why he decided to become a wizard?
(a) It made his parents proud.
(b) There was no heavy lifting.
(c) It was an indoor job.
(d) He wanted to find out how the universe worked.
13. What cheers up Terpsic when he is plunged beneath the waters and believes he is about to die?
(a) To think that his wife will be a widow.
(b) That he died while fishing.
(c) To know that this will be a great fishing story.
(d) To know that he will go see his passed family members.
14. What does Cutwell say about the author of the magic book that he and Mort are looking at?
(a) He was half god.
(b) It is the person that founded the Unseen University.
(c) His hat was magical.
(d) He was the first wizard.
15. What is Terpsic Mims?
(a) A Listener.
(b) A dropout.
(c) A wizard.
(d) An angler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cutwell say will be happening when the dome reaches them?
2. What does Cutwell explain happened to the author of the book?
3. What does the doorknocker on Cutwell's home tell Mort that makes him angry?
4. What does Mort tell Ysabell about the statues that are in the king's chambers?
5. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)