|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cutwell say about the author of the magic book that he and Mort are looking at?
(a) He was half god.
(b) He was the first wizard.
(c) It is the person that founded the Unseen University.
(d) His hat was magical.
2. What does Cutwell NOT say when Keli asks why he decided to become a wizard?
(a) It made his parents proud.
(b) He wanted to find out how the universe worked.
(c) It was an indoor job.
(d) There was no heavy lifting.
3. What does the emperor say he wants the guards to do when the Vizier says that he is too full to eat the last bite of his food?
(a) Open the Visier's stomach to see if it is true.
(b) Cut the piece into smaller sections.
(c) Get the Visier's wife to have her eat the bite.
(d) Cut off the Visier's head.
4. Why does Mort say he knows he is going mad when they get to Sto Lat?
(a) He can hear Death calling him.
(b) He can feel reality struggling to right itself.
(c) He can feel what Binky is thinking.
(d) He saw an elephant.
5. What does Albert do to the landlord that talked back to him at the tavern?
(a) Turned him into a toad.
(b) Turned him into a mouse.
(c) Told him to put it on the Unseen University's tab.
(d) Took away his mouth.
6. What does Ysabell ask Mort about when they first enter the room of the lifetimers?
(a) If he is feeling quiet well.
(b) How long he has been bald.
(c) If he has been on a diet.
(d) What color his eyes were.
7. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
(b) Princess Keli.
8. What does Cutwell explain when Keli refuses to leave with Mort on his horse?
(a) That she is afraid.
(b) That she cannot imagine life beyond these walls.
(c) That she would rather be a dead queen than a live commoner.
(d) That she has responsibilities.
9. What is Cutwell supposed to produce for Keli's coronation?
(a) Spirits of the long departed.
(c) A magical drink for the queen.
(d) A talking dragon.
10. What does Cutwell do as Mort tells them all to be quiet?
(a) Breaks the arrow into two pieces.
(b) Starts making notes about Death's apprentice.
(c) Goes up and pokes Keli with a spear.
(d) Shoots Mort in the back.
11. What do the wizards decide they will do when they rebuild Albert's statue?
(a) Make it much smaller.
(b) Put it on top of the highest tower.
(c) Make it without eyes so it won't get offended.
(d) Lock it away in the cellar.
12. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
(a) The reality of Keli's new life.
(b) Albert's life history.
(c) What Albert will do ten years from now.
(d) Albert's hidden spells.
13. Who does Death say he thinks he can be friends with?
(a) The green bottle.
(d) The bartender.
14. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(b) Death lost count after forty.
15. How does Death say that he was able to fix it so that all of them were allowed to stay in reality?
(a) He had a talk with the gods.
(b) He called in a favor.
(c) He rewrote reality.
(d) He went to the Unseen University and called a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert say about his interior beneath the crusty exterior?
2. Why does Albert explain he doesn't want to die?
3. What does Keli tell Cutwell about her dress?
4. What does Ysabell tell Mort and Albert?
5. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)