|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cutwell say will happen when the dome covers the last of the palace?
(a) The princess will suddenly die.
(b) There will be a shifting of everything on the Disc.
(c) It will be as if the princess were never saved.
(d) The Disc will split into two sections.
2. What does Mort tell Ysabell about the statues that are in the king's chambers?
(a) They are so the king will feel loved.
(b) They represent the king's court.
(c) They were servants.
(d) They are supposed to protect the king.
3. What is the reason that Mort can walk through walls and drink harsh drinks with little or no effect on himself?
(a) He is taking over Death's magic abilities.
(b) He is becoming a ghost.
(c) He is becoming dangerously real.
(d) Binky has given Mort a short amount of magic.
4. What does Cutwell NOT say when Keli asks why he decided to become a wizard?
(a) It was an indoor job.
(b) There was no heavy lifting.
(c) It made his parents proud.
(d) He wanted to find out how the universe worked.
5. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
(a) Hatred, love and disappointment.
(c) Vengeance, cruelty and distaste.
(d) A changing that could not be described.
6. Who hides Albert's staff?
(a) The head of the Unseen University.
(b) The Librarian.
(d) The tavern landlord.
7. What references does Mort find that let him know that this is in fact Albert's life history?
(a) A meeting between Death and Albert.
(b) A beard hair.
(c) References to fried bread.
(d) Comments on the eggs Albert makes.
8. What does Death tell the bartender?
(a) He was made fun of in high school.
(b) Everyone hates him and he never gets invited to parties.
(c) He always hated his brother.
(d) He has been so lonely for soo long.
9. What does Cutwell offer Mort when Mort arrives at the palace?
(a) A enchanted sprout made to look like a strawberry.
(b) A dancing chocolate frog.
(c) A pain killer.
10. What answer does Terpsic receive when he asks why he was saved?
(a) For later.
(b) It was duty.
(c) Why not?
(d) It wasn't his time.
11. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
(a) Runs for cover.
(b) Throws himself on the princess.
(c) Hides behind the priest.
(d) Grabs a spear.
12. What does Death tell Mort that he must do?
(a) Take good care of Ysabell.
(b) Make sure that Keli and Cutwell get married.
(c) Make up for the elephant fiasco.
(d) Unite the kingdoms.
13. What present does Death give Mort that is more of a personal nature?
(a) Mort's book.
(b) A robe just like Death's.
(c) A scythe.
(d) Albert's fried bread recipe.
14. Why does Mort say he knows he is going mad when they get to Sto Lat?
(a) He can feel what Binky is thinking.
(b) He can feel reality struggling to right itself.
(c) He saw an elephant.
(d) He can hear Death calling him.
15. What is one thing Princess Keli has learned as a princess?
(a) To always remain in control when confronted with failure.
(b) That ceremonial robes are often the most uncomfortable.
(c) To always be older than anyone of inferior rank.
(d) To sound certain regardless of what you actually know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death explain is one of his particular skills while applying for another job?
2. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
3. What does Ysabell explain when Death walks out into the hall?
4. What does Mort decide to do before the dome closes?
5. What does Mort tell Ysabell that they are looking for?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)