|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Death answer when he is asked if he is a friend of the Patrician?
(a) He knows almost everyone eventually.
(b) The Patrician puts business his way.
(c) They are soon to be very well acquainted.
(d) No. He doesn't have friends.
2. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
(b) A changing that could not be described.
(c) Vengeance, cruelty and distaste.
(d) Hatred, love and disappointment.
3. When Mort begins thinking about the fact that Death doesn't have a reason to be late what does Mort realize about Death?
(a) Death must be in real trouble.
(b) Death must be the loneliest creature in the universe.
(c) Death is ready to have the world end.
(d) Death knows that he is becoming Death himself.
4. What does Death reply when Wa asks if it is too late to say he was sorry?
(a) You're about to be much more sorry.
(c) Not yet, but you will be.
(d) Such things do not concern me.
5. What reason does Mort give Albert to help them?
(a) So that Albert can continue to serve Death.
(b) In order to make his past wrongs right.
(c) So that Albert can have a friend on the other side.
(d) To save Death form a fate worse than death.
6. What had Cutwell been using as a bookmark in his book?
(a) A slice of cheese.
(b) A magic ribbon.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) An old chicken bone.
7. What does Ysabell do to stop Albert from pushing her and Mort from the ladder?
(a) Uses a magic spell her father taught her.
(b) Drops a book on him.
(c) Tips the book shelf over.
(d) Falls on him.
8. What does Mort say when Ysabell asks if a plan has presented itself to Mort?
(a) Sort of.
(b) That she asks too many questions.
(c) Not yet.
(d) Yes, but he is unsure of it.
9. What is the reason that Mort can walk through walls and drink harsh drinks with little or no effect on himself?
(a) He is taking over Death's magic abilities.
(b) He is becoming dangerously real.
(c) He is becoming a ghost.
(d) Binky has given Mort a short amount of magic.
10. What does Mort offer to do?
(a) Fix reality.
(b) Trade his life for theirs.
(c) Fight Death for his friends.
(d) Be Death's servant forever.
11. What does Death give Mort as a wedding present?
(a) A pearl of reality.
(b) A bag of never ending gold.
(d) The understanding of the universe.
12. What job does Death find employment as?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A fry cook.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A gardener.
13. What feeling does Death get when he fails at walking through a wall?
14. What does Cutwell do as Mort tells them all to be quiet?
(a) Breaks the arrow into two pieces.
(b) Starts making notes about Death's apprentice.
(c) Goes up and pokes Keli with a spear.
(d) Shoots Mort in the back.
15. What does Mort answer when Ysabell says that Mort isn't Death?
(a) Death is only a perspective.
(b) Death is as Death does.
(c) That is all changing.
(d) Death is whoever does Death's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death explain is one of his particular skills while applying for another job?
2. What does Cutwell say is the funny things about eyebrows?
3. What does Death tell the angry woman that enters the employment agency in order to get her to leave?
4. What does Cutwell say about the dome that reality has created?
5. What does Cutwell say about gods?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)