|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Cutwell say he is when the princess calls him old?
(a) A very young fifty-two.
(c) Not that old.
2. What does Ysabell explain when Death walks out into the hall?
(a) Death intends to kill Mort.
(b) This is a great sport for Death.
(c) Death wants Mort to win.
(d) Death does this kind of thing all the time.
3. What does Albert decide while using magic and telling the magicians that they need to wield their power?
(a) Albert decides he should stay and help the poor wizards.
(b) Albert decides that he has missed the power and he is going to stay here.
(c) Albert decides that magicians are a waste of time.
(d) Albert decides to go back to Death's realm immediately.
4. What is Terpsic Mims?
(a) A Listener.
(b) An angler.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A dropout.
5. What feeling does Death get when he fails at walking through a wall?
6. What does Mort do without realizing while talking with himself?
(a) Go through the walls at the Princess's home.
(b) Kill one of the guards.
(c) Ride through the palace gates.
(d) Become transparent.
7. What references does Mort find that let him know that this is in fact Albert's life history?
(a) References to fried bread.
(b) A beard hair.
(c) Comments on the eggs Albert makes.
(d) A meeting between Death and Albert.
8. What does Mort make Curtwell since they are in their own reality?
(a) A king.
(b) A grand vizier.
(c) A duke.
(d) A priest.
9. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
(a) Throws himself on the princess.
(b) Hides behind the priest.
(c) Runs for cover.
(d) Grabs a spear.
10. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
(a) It is in a different language.
(b) They use only symbols.
(c) It is in runes and scribes.
(d) They are written in Old.
11. What does Death tell the bartender?
(a) He was made fun of in high school.
(b) He has been so lonely for soo long.
(c) Everyone hates him and he never gets invited to parties.
(d) He always hated his brother.
12. What job does Death find employment as?
(a) An executioner.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A fry cook.
13. What does the Duke say will happen to Cutwell?
(a) His hands to be chopped off.
(c) Nothing. He is of no concern.
14. What does Ysabell tell Mort and Albert?
(a) That there is a trick and the key is in Death's eyes.
(b) That she can do the nodes.
(c) That she knows who can do the nodes.
(d) That Binky knows how.
15. What does Albert tell Mort about the fact that Mort is becoming more like Death?
(a) Mort can't control it forever.
(b) Mort will have to be the one to kill Death.
(c) Death has tricked Mort.
(d) Mort cannot do what Death has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death answer when he is asked if he is a friend of the Patrician?
2. What does Cutwell say about gods?
3. What does Albert retrieve from the trunk under his bed after Mort and Ysabell have gone?
4. Who does Mort see a picture of in Cutwell's magic book?
5. What does Cutwell NOT say when Keli asks why he decided to become a wizard?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)