|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
(a) It is in a different language.
(b) It is in runes and scribes.
(c) They use only symbols.
(d) They are written in Old.
2. What does Ysabell say her father always said about the Rite of AshkEnte?
(a) It is painful.
(b) It is a fun way to travel.
(c) They always do it at the most inconvenient times.
(d) It gets terribly old.
3. What does Ysabell ask Mort about when they first enter the room of the lifetimers?
(a) If he has been on a diet.
(b) What color his eyes were.
(c) How long he has been bald.
(d) If he is feeling quiet well.
4. What does Albert do to the statue of himself?
(a) Changes the nose on it.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Writes his name on it.
(d) Pees on it.
5. Why does Ysabell tell Death that she chose to help Mort?
(a) She was dying for an adventure.
(b) She loves him.
(c) It seemed like the thing to do.
(d) She has been a prisoner too long.
6. What does Cutwell do when the elephant starts to rampage?
(a) Grabs a spear.
(b) Runs for cover.
(c) Hides behind the priest.
(d) Throws himself on the princess.
7. What does Albert see in Mort's eyes that frightens him that is different from Death's eyes?
(b) A changing that could not be described.
(c) Hatred, love and disappointment.
(d) Vengeance, cruelty and distaste.
8. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
(b) Death lost count after forty.
9. What does Death tell the bartender?
(a) He has been so lonely for soo long.
(b) He was made fun of in high school.
(c) Everyone hates him and he never gets invited to parties.
(d) He always hated his brother.
10. What is written on the bottom of Albert's statue?
(a) We will not see his like again.
(b) We owe fried bread to him.
(c) Greater knowledge was his cup.
(d) He will be sorely missed.
11. What does Mort offer to do?
(a) Be Death's servant forever.
(b) Fight Death for his friends.
(c) Fix reality.
(d) Trade his life for theirs.
12. What does the Duke say will happen to Cutwell?
(a) Nothing. He is of no concern.
(b) His hands to be chopped off.
13. What does Keli say about the arrow that Cutwell shot at Mort?
(a) It went around Mort.
(b) It went right through where Mort's heart should have been.
(c) It just disappered.
(d) It seemed to become invisible while traveling through Mort.
14. What cheers up Terpsic when he is plunged beneath the waters and believes he is about to die?
(a) That he died while fishing.
(b) To know that he will go see his passed family members.
(c) To know that this will be a great fishing story.
(d) To think that his wife will be a widow.
15. When Mort begins thinking about the fact that Death doesn't have a reason to be late what does Mort realize about Death?
(a) Death is ready to have the world end.
(b) Death must be in real trouble.
(c) Death must be the loneliest creature in the universe.
(d) Death knows that he is becoming Death himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ysabell tell Keli when Keli says there must be something they can do to help Mort in the battle?
2. What does Cutwell explain when Keli refuses to leave with Mort on his horse?
3. What does Ysabell do to stop Albert from pushing her and Mort from the ladder?
4. What animal does Cutwell choose for the sacrificial animal for the princess' coronation?
5. Why does Mort say he knows he is going mad when they get to Sto Lat?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)