|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Death go to do when he tells Mort that some things make him really angry?
(a) Help a hamster that a little boy forgot to feed.
(b) Gets a dead fish out of the sewer.
(c) Fish a bag of dead kittens out of the river.
(d) Go to a box with a starved puppy in it.
2. What does Mort see when he looks in Death's empty eye sockets?
(a) Souls of the departed.
(b) A wide array of far off visions.
(c) Two blue stars.
3. What happens to the owner of the tavern after the strange mist wall comes through the tavern?
(a) The owner suddenly has no hair and a mustache.
(b) The owner falls over asleep.
(c) The owner's shirt is different.
(d) The owner suddenly becomes a ghost.
4. What does Death say he is in town looking for?
(a) A old wizard came into town and is about out of time.
(b) A man who is about to choke on a piece of meat pie.
(c) An orphanage is about to catch on fire.
(d) An apprentice.
5. What does Mort give Binky once he is through the wall?
(a) A note to take to Death.
(b) A pat on the head.
(c) A handful of hay.
(d) A sugar cube.
6. What colors is Death's house decorated in?
(a) Purples and black.
(b) Green..nothing but green.
(c) Grey and white.
(d) Every color imaginable.
7. What does Death say it will be when the Great A'Tuin dies?
(a) A challenge.
(b) A sad day.
(c) The end of humanity.
(d) The beginning of the end.
8. What is the witch, Goodie Hamstring, doing when Mort enters?
(a) Writing her will.
(b) Finishing off all her liquor.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Feeding the cat.
9. What is on the porch of the house that Mort stops at first while out with Binky?
(b) A broken rocker.
(c) A wood pile.
(d) A plate of cookies and milk.
10. What shocks the patrons of the tavern when Mort leaves?
(a) Death arrives to fetch him.
(b) He vanishes.
(c) His horse comes in the tavern to get him.
(d) He walks through a solid door.
11. What does the father of the Klatchain house tell Mort when Mort admits to being a demon?
(a) That demons are what they worship.
(b) That it is good luck to help a demon.
(c) That he has studied demons for years.
(d) That they want to ask after their departed family members.
12. What is scumble said to be mainly made of?
(a) Various fruits.
(b) No one is certain.
(c) Possibly the fat of a rancid hog.
13. What does Lezek say when Mort says he will be sure to write?
(a) He says he is sure someone who can read it will happen by.
(b) He says it will make Mort's mother happy.
(c) He says it doesn't matter one way or the other.
(d) He says it might be best to wait until he is secure in his position.
14. What does Mort notice when Death walks through a crowd?
(a) Wherever Death is, people drift out of the way.
(b) Death goes through people like smoke.
(c) The people seem to become translucent.
(d) Death is able to fly over people.
15. What does Mort get up the courage to ask Death?
(a) If he is a servant or an apprentice.
(b) If he can have a horse of his own.
(c) For an afternoon off.
(d) If he can have his own scythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mort's family do with the grapes grown on the magical hill?
2. How many times does the abbot explain he has been reincarnated?
3. What does Mort finally say he knows he wants?
4. Who is Mort thinking of when he arrives in Ankh-Morpork?
5. Who does Mort contact in order to try and find a way into the castle?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)