|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Death say is the reason that the King doesn't feel sad?
(a) Emotions get left behind in the glands.
(b) There are no tears where the king is headed.
(c) Shock he supposes.
(d) Death is where we are all meant to go.
2. What does Death say he has done with Mort's father?
(a) Frozen him.
(b) Set him outside time for a moment.
(c) Put him into a dream state.
(d) Wiped his memory away.
3. What does Death say that curry is like?
(a) Drinking dry water.
(b) Biting a red hot ice cube.
(c) Eating glass noodles.
(d) Chewing hard gum.
4. Why does Ysabell pinch Mort?
(a) To show him who is boss.
(b) To keep him from walking in the room.
(c) Because he had a bug on him.
(d) To make sure he is alive.
5. What decorates most of the doors in Death's house?
(a) Scenes of the apocalypse.
(b) Skull and bones.
(d) Pictures of kittens playing.
6. What does Mort decide he will do once he is feeling homesick?
(a) Go play with the children.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go have a drink.
(d) Resign his position with Death.
7. Who does Mort contact in order to try and find a way into the castle?
(b) A renowned theif.
(c) A wizard.
8. Why does the witch, Goodie Hamstring, explain that Death doesn't like magical people?
(a) They have control over Death.
(b) They try to avoid Death.
(c) They give him a hard time.
(d) They smell funny.
9. What does Mort give the guard at the gate so that he can gain admittance?
(a) The horse he is riding.
(b) A book.
(c) A head of cabbage.
(d) Gold coins.
10. How much talent for horticulture is Mort as described as having?
(a) The same as his father.
(b) Very little but there was a lot of hope.
(c) No one was sure since Mort didn't try.
(d) The same as a dead starfish.
11. What colors is Death's house decorated in?
(a) Grey and white.
(b) Green..nothing but green.
(c) Every color imaginable.
(d) Purples and black.
12. What does Death go to do when he tells Mort that some things make him really angry?
(a) Fish a bag of dead kittens out of the river.
(b) Help a hamster that a little boy forgot to feed.
(c) Gets a dead fish out of the sewer.
(d) Go to a box with a starved puppy in it.
13. What did Death give Mort before Mort left?
(a) A talisman to keep him safe.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A bottle filled with a magic potion.
(d) A book.
14. Who are the Listeners?
(a) A basketball team.
(b) People who commune with the dead.
(c) The oldest religous sect on Discworld.
(d) A group of audio-scientists.
15. What changes have NOT taken place in Mort as is described when he walks into the tavern?
(a) He looks now as if he knows too much rather than too little.
(b) His knees and elbows seem to have migrated to the right spots.
(c) He has doubled in muscle mass.
(d) He looks like he has seen things no one sees and lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Death say it will be when the Great A'Tuin dies?
2. What card does Keli draw from the Caroc cards?
3. What is scumble said to be mainly made of?
4. Who does Mort see a painting of when he enters the tavern?
5. Why does Death explain that people don't seem to see him?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)