|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sensation does Mort feel when he first walks through the iridescent wall?
(a) It makes his soul wince.
(b) It creates a burning sensation against the skin.
(c) It makes his head hurt.
(d) It tingles.
2. What does Mort give Binky once he is through the wall?
(a) A note to take to Death.
(b) A sugar cube.
(c) A pat on the head.
(d) A handful of hay.
3. What does Mort realize is happening?
(a) The ice giants are trying to get loose.
(b) Reality is destroying itself.
(c) Magic is working on the disk.
(d) Reality is healing itself.
4. What does Mort compare Ysabel's eyebrows to?
(a) Wild yeti fighting for the piece of tundra.
(b) Mating caterpillars.
(c) Nothing this world has ever seen before.
(d) Two fighting dust bunnies.
5. What does Mort's second charge say when Mort enters the room?
(a) I thought you must have got the days mixed up.
(b) Why are you here?
(c) I have had a wonderful life.
(d) You're late.
6. What does Mort's family do with the grapes grown on the magical hill?
(a) Trades them to the gnomes and fairies of the area.
(b) Makes raisins.
(c) Puts them into breakfast foods.
(d) Makes wine.
7. What happens to the owl that Mort watches fly through the iridescent wall?
(a) It comes through moving very slowly on the other side.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It dies.
8. What is the reason that the Gods haven't sent an avalanche to destroy the Listeners?
(a) The Listeners are destined to save the world.
(b) They are curious as to what will be heard.
(c) The Listeners have made a pact with the Gods.
(d) They are greatly appreciative of what the Listeners have accomplished.
9. What does Mort NOT smell when he sniffs the scumble?
(b) The bottom of a log pile.
(d) Autumn mornings.
10. How are men that are reannual growers described?
(a) Loving men who talk to the plants.
(b) Strong men that consult the stars.
(c) Serious men who closely examine the calendar.
11. What is on the porch of the house that Mort stops at first while out with Binky?
(a) A plate of cookies and milk.
(b) A broken rocker.
(c) A wood pile.
12. What does Death go to do when he tells Mort that some things make him really angry?
(a) Fish a bag of dead kittens out of the river.
(b) Go to a box with a starved puppy in it.
(c) Help a hamster that a little boy forgot to feed.
(d) Gets a dead fish out of the sewer.
13. What did Death give Mort before Mort left?
(a) A book.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A bottle filled with a magic potion.
(d) A talisman to keep him safe.
14. What task does Death give Mort on Mort's first day after Mort admits that he wishes to know the secrets of the universe?
(a) Dig potatoes.
(b) Clean the kitchen.
(c) Shovel horse dung.
(d) Start studying Death's memoirs.
15. Where does Mort go on his day off?
(a) Home to see his family.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mort to be impressed by the wizard?
2. What are the items called that pour the moments of every living person's life from the future into the past?
3. What does Mort give the guard at the gate so that he can gain admittance?
4. Why does Ysabell pinch Mort?
5. What is the magic word that the door knocker tells Princess Keli to use?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)