|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 158-197.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sensation does Mort feel when he first walks through the iridescent wall?
(a) It makes his head hurt.
(b) It creates a burning sensation against the skin.
(c) It tingles.
(d) It makes his soul wince.
2. What surprises Mort when he looks at Death for the first time?
(a) That he isn't afraid.
(b) That he is real.
(c) That he is completely visible.
(d) That he can stand without any muscle mass.
3. What changes have NOT taken place in Mort as is described when he walks into the tavern?
(a) He looks like he has seen things no one sees and lives.
(b) His knees and elbows seem to have migrated to the right spots.
(c) He has doubled in muscle mass.
(d) He looks now as if he knows too much rather than too little.
4. Which of these does Mort NOT say about Ysabell while they are walking to the pond?
(a) Her eyes are liek two juugly poached eggs.
(b) She looks like she has been eating doughnuts in a wardrobe for years.
(c) Her hair looks like a wet hedge hog.
(d) Her taste in clothes rivals that of the criminally insane.
5. What does the 103-year-old woman comment on when Mort arrives to take her?
(a) How very nice it is to be done with her old body.
(b) How much weight he has gained.
(c) How pale Mort is.
(d) What a polite young man he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ysabell explain about the way the first of Albert's volumes was written?
2. What does Death reply when Wa asks if it is too late to say he was sorry?
3. How many people does Death say that Wa has had murdered?
4. Who does Mort contact in order to try and find a way into the castle?
5. What happens to the owner of the tavern after the strange mist wall comes through the tavern?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)