|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Schwartz explains that one's feelings are going to become _______.
2. As described in Chapter 2, ______ helps Schwartz deal with his disease.
(a) Playing the piano.
(c) His grandchildren.
(d) Happy movies.
3. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(d) Weight Lifting.
4. Schwartz states the important point that when one grieves for what has been lost, it is also important to _____.
(a) Focus on what lies ahead.
(b) Cherish what remains.
(c) Remember the past.
(d) Try to forget one's declining health.
5. How does Schwartz suggest one in declining health deal with anger?
(a) Talk about it with others.
(b) Try to forget about it.
(c) Continue to let it grow.
(d) Let it pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unresolved grief can turn good grief into what type of grief?
2. According to Schwartz, how often should one grieve and mourn for themselves?
3. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
4. Schwartz received a diagnosis for what disease?
5. Schwartz struggles most with loss of what natural body function?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)