|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Schwartz describe as only the beginning to relating to others?
(a) Wanting to be different.
(b) Wanting to be the same.
(c) Wanting new friends.
(d) Wanting to conquer the disease.
2. In Chapter 4, Schwartz expresses the importance of acknowledging what type of feelings?
(a) Positive feelings.
(b) Negative feelings.
(c) Feelings of lust.
(d) Feelings of resentment.
3. The goal of Buber's portrayal in his book is to keep those involved in the relationship from losing what important quality?
4. According to Schwartz in Chapter 9, what two actions will one have to perform when health is declining?
(a) Seek treatment and attempt recovery.
(b) Participate and observe what is occuring in your body.
(c) Attend doctor appointments and discuss the problems.
(d) Seek a higher spitual being and pray.
5. Schwartz emphasizes that no matter how bad life gets, one should always keep their heart open to whom?
(a) All others.
(b) Doctors and nurses.
(d) Just family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
2. Schwartz uses his feelings of mourning as a source of ______.
3. Schwartz explains that one must treat themselves in what manner?
4. Schwartz refers to what sociologist when discussing social roles?
5. The article in the newspaper lead to an interview on what national news program?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)