|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Schwartz explains that one's feelings are going to become _______.
2. Schwartz explains that one should be __________ involved in favorite activities.
(a) Not involved.
(c) The same as before the diagnosis.
3. Schwartz emphasizes that no matter how bad life gets, one should always keep their heart open to whom?
(a) Just family.
(b) All others.
(d) Doctors and nurses.
4. According to Schwartz, what is the very best way to avoid letting one's emotions spiral out of control?
(a) Keep a journal.
(b) Talk to friends about the disease.
(c) Ask for help.
(d) Join a support group.
5. According to Schwartz, one in declining health must accept that they will never again be physically ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What loss is a risk of physical infirmity?
2. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
3. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
4. According to Schwartz, one in declining health should enjoy being _____________.
5. Schwartz relates that in trying to distinguish between what you want and what you need, one should have what basic need?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)