|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that many of us are too hard on ourselves for our _____.
2. Schwartz states that we must be able to _____ what is going on inside of us.
(a) Keep quiet.
(b) Only discuss with healthcare workers.
(d) Scream at others.
3. Schwartz has a breakdown nearly how long after the most tragic event of his life?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 6 months.
4. Schwartz tells those in declining health that they should take on what characteristics?
(a) Hopefulness and happiness.
(b) Sadness and anger.
(c) Kindness and generostiy.
(d) Jealously and honesty.
5. In Chapter 4, what kind of peace does Schwartz encourage the sufferer to cultivate?
(a) Spiritual and emotional.
(d) Mental and emotional.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal of Buber's portrayal in his book is to keep those involved in the relationship from losing what important quality?
2. In Chapter 8, Schwartz explains that one in declining health should find a way to maintain ______.
3. According to Schwartz, what is the most constant feeling one has when in declining health?
4. According to Schwartz, what is the very best way to avoid letting one's emotions spiral out of control?
5. The second half of the book deals with what aspect of a disease?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)