|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that learning to grieve for yourself is just as important as grieving for whom?
(a) Close family members.
(b) Good friends.
(c) Anyone else.
(d) Family pets.
2. According to Schwartz, what emotion results from being unable to act on an impulse to achieve an objective?
3. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
(a) There is a small chance that a full recovery is possible.
(b) Acceptance of the disease.
(c) The most basic activities will become more difficult.
(d) Acceptance that you have a short time left with friends and family.
4. What human trait is difficult to have in the face of pain?
5. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
(a) Pulmonary fibrosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, one must _____ the past but not forget it.
2. Acknowledging all feelings is going to cause one to realize what information about their loved ones?
3. Schwartz describes that being gentle to yourself is like ______ yourself.
4. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
5. What is the second vital step that Schwartz describes in Chapter 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)