|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that many of us are too hard on ourselves for our _____.
2. Schwartz explains that you must develop a sense of ________ where you can get a perspective on your feelings and thoughts.
(a) A happy place.
(b) A place of serenity .
(c) Emotional space.
3. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(d) Weight Lifting.
4. Schwartz discusses the importance of not ____________the past.
5. The first story written about Schwartz was printed in what newspaper?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Wallstreet Journal.
(d) The Chicago Daily Herald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz relates that in trying to distinguish between what you want and what you need, one should have what basic need?
2. Schwartz suggests that one should set aside time to spend with whom?
3. Schwartz watches what part of his body deteriorate slowly?
4. What action does Schwartz ask his friends and family to perform when he is feeling up or down?
5. According to Schwartz, how does our society feel about death?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)