|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 5, Reviewing the Past.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz states the important point that when one grieves for what has been lost, it is also important to _____.
(a) Cherish what remains.
(b) Remember the past.
(c) Try to forget one's declining health.
(d) Focus on what lies ahead.
2. According to Schwartz, what is the first step in developing peace?
(a) Talking to friends and family.
(b) Developing spirituality.
(c) Accepting reality.
(d) Discussing your prognosis with your doctor.
3. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(a) Weight Lifting.
4. Chapter 5 concerns the importance of holding on to ______.
(a) Your intelligence.
(b) The past.
(c) Loved ones.
(d) The future.
5. How does Schwartz suggest one in declining health deal with anger?
(a) Talk about it with others.
(b) Let it pass.
(c) Try to forget about it.
(d) Continue to let it grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, it is important that the sick ask for ________ from those with whom they have had difficult relationships.
2. The best way for Schwartz to express loss is by __________.
3. What fantasy will help a person in declining health?
4. Schwartz explains that it is important for relationships to be ______.
5. In Chapter 5, Schwartz states that one must come to terms with whom?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)