|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
(a) Your friends.
(b) Your family.
(c) Your self.
2. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
(d) Pulmonary fibrosis.
3. What is the fourth aspect of the coping with illness that Schwartz suggests to his readers?
(a) Friends and family must be told about the illness.
(b) Basic tasks are going to become more difficult.
(c) One must accept that their life is coming to an end.
(d) One must never be afraid to ask for help.
4. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(a) Weight Lifting.
5. What action does Schwartz ask his friends and family to perform when he is feeling up or down?
(a) To hug him.
(b) To encourage him.
(c) To keep him in reality.
(d) To keep in touch with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz describes the common misconception that bodily health is _____ to all humans.
2. According to Schwartz, when fantasy becomes ____________, one should come back to reality.
3. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
4. When does acceptance occur, according to Schwartz?
5. What action will make the disease better?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)