|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz has a breakdown nearly how long after the most tragic event of his life?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 50 years.
2. Schwartz explains that one may love their family while also feeling what other emotion?
(a) Strong dislike.
(c) A stronger love than usual.
3. While in a therapy session, Schwartz volunteers to act out what scene?
(a) A scene from his mother's death.
(b) A scene from the loss of his child.
(c) His own death.
(d) The happiness moment of his life.
4. What action will make the disease better?
(b) Discussing the prognosis with your doctor.
(c) Researching the disease on your own.
(d) Not seeking help.
5. What are the hardest opposites to handle, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) Wanting to live and die at the same time.
(b) Wanting to care and be cared for at the same time.
(c) Wanting to cry and laugh at the same time.
(d) Wanting to walk and be still at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz describes the common misconception that bodily health is _____ to all humans.
2. Schwartz explains that focusing on _____ is not an effective form of grieving.
3. What action does Schwartz ask his friends and family to perform when he is feeling up or down?
4. Schwartz explains that sometimes one in declining health will feel like a _____.
5. According to Schwartz, sufferers should ask friends and family in advance for a ______.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)