|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz describes the common misconception that bodily health is _____ to all humans.
(d) Not commom.
2. According to Schwartz, sufferers should ask friends and family in advance for a ______.
(a) Compassionate nudge.
(b) Positive outlook.
(c) Daily phone call.
(d) Daily hug.
3. Schwartz uses his feelings of mourning as a source of ______.
(c) New emotion.
4. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(d) Weight Lifting.
5. What action will make the disease better?
(a) Researching the disease on your own.
(b) Not seeking help.
(c) Discussing the prognosis with your doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, it is crucial that one do things ______ than before.
2. What is the fourth aspect of the coping with illness that Schwartz suggests to his readers?
3. Schwartz encourages friends and family to let the grieving person do what action in front of them?
4. According to Schwartz, how often should one grieve and mourn for themselves?
5. What fantasy will help a person in declining health?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)