|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz states that one will _____ emotionally during an illness.
2. Schwartz uses his feelings of mourning as a source of ______.
(b) New emotion.
3. What method does Schwartz use to express his feelings about the progress of his disease?
(a) He writes the feelings down or talks into a tape recorder.
(b) He video tapes himself.
(c) He asks friends and family to write down his thoughts.
(d) His friends keep a journal for Morrie.
4. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
(d) Pulmonary fibrosis.
5. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(a) Weight Lifting.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, how does our society feel about death?
2. According to Schwartz, one in declining health should enjoy being _____________.
3. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
4. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
5. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)