|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 3, Grieving for Your Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method does Schwartz use to express his feelings about the progress of his disease?
(a) He asks friends and family to write down his thoughts.
(b) He video tapes himself.
(c) His friends keep a journal for Morrie.
(d) He writes the feelings down or talks into a tape recorder.
2. Schwartz describes the action of hiding grief as _____.
(a) A pointless action.
(b) A false reality.
(c) An unhealthy action.
(d) A healthy action.
3. As described in Chapter 2, ______ helps Schwartz deal with his disease.
(a) His grandchildren.
(b) Happy movies.
(c) Playing the piano.
4. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
(a) Your self.
(c) Your family.
(d) Your friends.
5. Schwartz uses his feelings of mourning as a source of ______.
(a) New emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz informs his readers to not become so _____ with one's body.
2. Schwartz explains that learning to grieve for yourself is just as important as grieving for whom?
3. What type of grieving can also occur along with good grief?
4. According to Schwartz, whom do we respect with grief so we can do the same for ourselves?
5. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)