|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
(c) Pulmonary fibrosis.
2. In Chapter 1, Living with Physical Limitation, Schwartz advises the reader that they will first recognize ________.
(a) Lessening or loss of physical power.
(b) Memory loss.
(c) Intense pain.
(d) Restraint in natural impulses.
3. What is the second vital step that Schwartz describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Tell your family and friends.
(b) Deny what is happening.
(c) Accept the condition.
(d) Prepare for a full recovery.
4. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
(d) Weight Lifting.
5. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
(a) Losing the ability to hear.
(b) Losing the ability to see.
(c) Losing the ability to walk.
(d) Losing the ability to swallow and speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
2. Morrie Schwartz is a professor of what subject?
3. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
4. When Schwartz first learned of his sickness, what did he decide to start?
5. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)