|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one handle stressful emotions, according to Schwartz?
(a) By seeking professional help.
(b) By releasing anger.
(c) By informing friends and family that help is needed.
(d) By relaxing and accepting that achievement is going to come later than expected.
2. Schwartz states that one will _____ emotionally during an illness.
3. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
(a) His need to get in his car.
(b) His urge to sleepwalk.
(c) His natural implusiveness.
(d) His ability to stand.
4. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Enjoy music.
(c) Play the guitar.
(d) Sing along with the music.
5. Where did Schwartz teach?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Ohio State University.
(c) Brandeis University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz received a diagnosis for what disease?
2. What is the second vital step that Schwartz describes in Chapter 1?
3. When Schwartz first learned of his sickness, what did he decide to start?
4. According to Schwartz, what emotion results from being unable to act on an impulse to achieve an objective?
5. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)