|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth aspect of the coping with illness that Schwartz suggests to his readers?
(a) One must never be afraid to ask for help.
(b) One must accept that their life is coming to an end.
(c) Friends and family must be told about the illness.
(d) Basic tasks are going to become more difficult.
2. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
(a) Resistant to help.
3. When seeking help with the disease, Schwartz finally decided to talk to whom?
(a) A pastor.
(b) His son.
(c) One of his students.
(d) A psychiatrist.
4. According to Schwartz, what is the most constant feeling one has when in declining health?
5. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
(a) The most basic activities will become more difficult.
(b) Acceptance that you have a short time left with friends and family.
(c) Acceptance of the disease.
(d) There is a small chance that a full recovery is possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
2. Schwartz states that one will _____ emotionally during an illness.
3. As described in Chapter 2, ______ helps Schwartz deal with his disease.
4. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
5. How long was Schwartz a professor?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)