|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
(a) Losing the ability to walk.
(b) Losing the ability to swallow and speak.
(c) Losing the ability to see.
(d) Losing the ability to hear.
2. Schwartz received a diagnosis for what disease?
(a) Brain cancer.
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(c) Pulmonary fibrous.
3. Schwartz warns his readers that illness can have what effect on someone's life?
(a) The illness can be forgotten.
(b) Your life can become worthless.
(c) The illness can swallow up your life.
(d) The illness can be all your friends and family think about.
4. What action will make the disease better?
(b) Discussing the prognosis with your doctor.
(c) Not seeking help.
(d) Researching the disease on your own.
5. According to Schwartz, what is the most constant feeling one has when in declining health?
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz states that one will _____ emotionally during an illness.
2. As the disease continues to progress, what type of situations must one must expect to increase in occurrence?
3. As described in Chapter 2, ______ helps Schwartz deal with his disease.
4. Schwartz informs his readers to not become so _____ with one's body.
5. Schwartz describes the common misconception that bodily health is _____ to all humans.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)