|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz warns his readers that illness can have what effect on someone's life?
(a) The illness can be all your friends and family think about.
(b) The illness can swallow up your life.
(c) Your life can become worthless.
(d) The illness can be forgotten.
2. According to Schwartz, what is the most constant feeling one has when in declining health?
3. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
(a) Losing the ability to hear.
(b) Losing the ability to walk.
(c) Losing the ability to swallow and speak.
(d) Losing the ability to see.
4. Schwartz struggles most with loss of what natural body function?
(c) Arm function.
5. What method does Schwartz use to express his feelings about the progress of his disease?
(a) His friends keep a journal for Morrie.
(b) He video tapes himself.
(c) He asks friends and family to write down his thoughts.
(d) He writes the feelings down or talks into a tape recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
2. According to Schwartz, what action should you take when feeling angry?
3. Schwartz recognizes that _____ are associated with the more difficult periods of the disease.
4. Schwartz watches what part of his body deteriorate slowly?
5. According to Schwartz, what is the very best way to avoid letting one's emotions spiral out of control?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)