|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 2, Handling Frustration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz states that one will _____ emotionally during an illness.
2. What group of people does Schwartz describe as the least likely to ask for help?
(c) Middle-aged men and women.
(d) Senior citizens.
3. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
(a) Sing along with the music.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Play the guitar.
(d) Enjoy music.
4. In Chapter 1, Living with Physical Limitation, Schwartz advises the reader that they will first recognize ________.
(a) Restraint in natural impulses.
(b) Intense pain.
(c) Memory loss.
(d) Lessening or loss of physical power.
5. Schwartz informs his readers to not become so _____ with one's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second vital step that Schwartz describes in Chapter 1?
2. According to Schwartz, what emotion results from being unable to act on an impulse to achieve an objective?
3. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
4. What is the fourth aspect of the coping with illness that Schwartz suggests to his readers?
5. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)