|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 10, Developing a Spiritual Connection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the famous sociologist, what happens when social roles are taken away from a person?
(a) One finds themself.
(b) The person is lost.
(c) There is no one left.
(d) The person dies.
2. According to Schwartz, relating to whom is important?
(a) Just close friends and family.
(b) Just yourself.
(c) All hospital staff.
(d) Others and yourself.
3. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
(c) Resistant to help.
4. Schwartz explains that one can change who they are despite what new occurrence in one's life?
(a) Not being able to walk.
(b) Living in an extended care facility.
(c) Being completely dependent on others.
(d) Not being able to speak.
5. What human trait is difficult to have in the face of pain?
Short Answer Questions
1. When seeking help with the disease, Schwartz finally decided to talk to whom?
2. What action is difficult when others are around?
3. What method does Schwartz use to develop a sense of detachment?
4. As described in Chapter 2, ______ helps Schwartz deal with his disease.
5. In Chapter 6, Schwartz states that one should focus on __________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)