|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Schwartz, sufferers should ask friends and family in advance for a ______.
(a) Daily hug.
(b) Daily phone call.
(c) Compassionate nudge.
(d) Positive outlook.
2. Schwartz explains that even though one is losing control over the body, one can still retain control over ______.
(a) Family and friends.
(b) The future.
(c) The mind.
(d) The outcome of one's disease.
3. What loss is a risk of physical infirmity?
(a) Losing recognition of familiar faces.
(b) Losing sight of the future.
(c) Losing past memories.
(d) Losing one's sense of purpose.
4. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
(b) Your self.
(c) Your family.
(d) Your friends.
5. Schwartz stresses the importance of making ____ for yourself.
(b) A final will.
(d) Photo albums.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, whom do we respect with grief so we can do the same for ourselves?
2. According to Schwartz in Chapter 9, what two actions will one have to perform when health is declining?
3. What human trait is difficult to have in the face of pain?
4. Schwartz explains that you should accept some doubts about your capacity to perform what action?
5. Schwartz has a breakdown nearly how long after the most tragic event of his life?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)