|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the famous sociologist, what happens when social roles are taken away from a person?
(a) One finds themself.
(b) There is no one left.
(c) The person dies.
(d) The person is lost.
2. Unresolved grief can turn good grief into what type of grief?
(a) Unhealthy grief.
(b) Emotionless grief.
(c) Bad grief.
(d) Ineffective grief.
3. What human trait is difficult to have in the face of pain?
4. While in a therapy session, Schwartz volunteers to act out what scene?
(a) His own death.
(b) The happiness moment of his life.
(c) A scene from his mother's death.
(d) A scene from the loss of his child.
5. What loss is a risk of physical infirmity?
(a) Losing one's sense of purpose.
(b) Losing past memories.
(c) Losing recognition of familiar faces.
(d) Losing sight of the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz in Chapter 9, what two actions will one have to perform when health is declining?
2. Schwartz describes the action of hiding grief as _____.
3. The first story written about Schwartz was printed in what newspaper?
4. After his diagnosis, Schwartz began writing _____.
5. Schwartz explains that you must develop a sense of ________ where you can get a perspective on your feelings and thoughts.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)