|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 9, Dealing with Your Mind and Emotions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that one is more likely to be absorbed by which state?
2. The second half of the book deals with what aspect of a disease?
3. Schwartz encourages the reader to pursue _______.
(a) New activities.
(b) Long lost relatives.
(c) Old friends.
4. According to Schwartz, whom do we respect with grief so we can do the same for ourselves?
(b) Our close relatives.
(c) The dead.
(d) Our pets.
5. Schwartz explains that focusing on _____ is not an effective form of grieving.
(a) Good grief.
(b) Past decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, increasing what type of control requires understanding why you are doing what you are doing?
2. Schwartz states the important point that when one grieves for what has been lost, it is also important to _____.
3. After Schwartz was diagnosed with his disease, how did his life change the most?
4. What action does Schwartz ask his friends and family to perform when he is feeling up or down?
5. According to Schwartz, retaining what type of sense is essential to surviving one's illness mentally?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)