|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mattered most to Bamie?
2. What did Mittie propose to make Alice's father feel better?
3. How old was Theodore when he took office?
4. Who did Theodore become engaged to?
5. Theodore was told by a doctor that he had what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bamie's role in the family? Give examples from the book/chapter.
2. What activities does Theodore become involved with in Chapter 13? What activities does he begin to give up?
3. What influence did his father have on Theodore's life while he was at Harvard?
4. How did Theodore get involved in politics? Who supported this? Who did not?
5. Who did Theodore support at the Republican National Convention? Who did he not want to get the nomination? Why?
6. What was the Cigar Bill? How was Theodore involved with this bill?
7. What post was Theodore nominated for? What happened? Who did he become engaged to? Why was the family taken back by this?
8. What news reaches the family through telegrams? Who is first to reach the house?
9. What changes took place in the Roosevelt family in the months following the wedding?
10. What did Theodore blame Harvard for? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events, people, or aspects of Theodore's life do you think helped prepare him to be President? How did these things help him? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did Theodore meet Alice? What challenges did they face in their relationship? What did they do to overcome these? Do you think they had a happy marriage? Why or why not? Back up your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Which family member do you think had the greatest influence on Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.? Why? What did Theodore learn from this person? What did he try to imitate about the person?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)