|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the double funeral held?
2. Where was Theodore's wedding held?
3. How many classes did Theodore take in his junior year?
4. Theodore distinguished ranchmen from what other group?
5. Who was the sole survivor of the "big people"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bamie's role in the family? Give examples from the book/chapter.
2. What did Theodore blame Harvard for? Why?
3. What challenges were present in Theodore and Alice's relationship? How did Theodore overcome these?
4. What happens to Mittie and Alice? What are they ill with?
5. Where did Elliott go? What did he do while there? How did he learn of the family news?
6. What challenges were present in Theodore and Alice's engagement? How did they overcome these challenges?
7. What issue did Theodore become involved with during his first year? Why did Theodore push for this action? What eventually happened.
8. What was Theodore like at the time that he joined the Assembly? What did others notice about him?
9. How did Theodore get involved in politics? Who supported this? Who did not?
10. Compare and contrast Elliott and Theodore in the events of Chapter 11. How are they similar or different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Theodore's first term in the New York State Assembly. What bills did he get involved with? How did other members see him? Do you think Theodore did a good job in his first term? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the deaths of Theodore, Sr. and Mittie affect their children? What changes occurred to the family after their deaths? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the lives and activities of the two Roosevelt boys (Theodore and Elliott) and the two girls (Bamie and Corinne). What differences in their activities and the expectations that others had for them existed? Why do you think these differences were present?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)