|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family have to postpone because of the delays with the house?
2. The Bullochs were from what state?
3. When did the Roosevelts return to the United States?
4. Who died in 1871?
5. What word best describes Teedie at the age of ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the family go in the summer of 1871 and 1872? What did they do while they were there?
2. What does an asthmatic attack feel like for the individual? What happens during an attack?
3. How does asthma affect other family members? How did it affect the Roosevelt family?
4. What did Theodore do while the family was still abroad?
5. What changes were taking place in the family in the early 1870s?
6. What nomination was Theodore given? How did he feel about this? What prevented his appointment?
7. What happened to Theodore after the failed nomination?
8. What were the four Roosevelt children like? Briefly describe each child. What was their life like?
9. How did Theodore, Sr. become involved in the politics in New York?
10. How did people deal with asthma at the time that Teedie lived? What did the family use to try to control or stop the attacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events, people, or aspects of Theodore's life do you think helped prepare him to be President? How did these things help him? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did the deaths of Theodore, Sr. and Mittie affect their children? What changes occurred to the family after their deaths? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Trace Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.'s entry into politics. Why do you think he chose to get involved with politics? What events led him toward a life in politics? What challenges did he face in this area?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)