|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day of the week in Victorian times had little or no play?
2. What type of business did James and Irvine have?
3. What word best describes Ellie as a child?
4. Theodore gave a speech from where?
5. Where did the family go in October 1872?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does asthma affect other family members? How did it affect the Roosevelt family?
2. How did Theodore deal with the depression? What did he turn his attention to?
3. How did Theodore try to help Teedie with his asthma? Did the plan work?
4. What trip did the family leave on? Where did they go first? Why did they go there?
5. What happened to Theodore after the failed nomination?
6. What was Teedie like when he entered Harvard? What did he look like?
7. What were the four Roosevelt children like? Briefly describe each child. What was their life like?
8. What pattern did Teedie's attacks generally fall into? What might he have gained by this pattern?
9. What was Mittie like? Describe her personality and appearance.
10. How did Theodore, Sr. become involved in the politics in New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the Civil War difficult for the Roosevelt family? What regrets did they have? How did the various members deal with the Civil War and the tensions that it created for the family?
Essay Topic 2
What roles did Bamie play in the family? Why do you think she had these roles? What benefits do you think other family members and Bamie herself gained from her roles in the family? Back up your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What events, people, or aspects of Theodore's life do you think helped prepare him to be President? How did these things help him? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answer.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)