|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the family leave for its European vacation?
2. The best times for the family were spent where?
3. Who died in October 1864?
4. What did Theodore believe would help Teedie's health?
5. Teedie was born in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mittie like? Describe her personality and appearance.
2. How did Theodore try to help Teedie with his asthma? Did the plan work?
3. What was the Roosevelt house like? Describe what the house included and what it looked like.
4. Where did Theodore stay while at Harvard? What was included in letters home to family members?
5. What was Teedie like when he entered Harvard? What did he look like?
6. What trip did the family leave on? Where did they go first? Why did they go there?
7. What illness did Teedie suffer from? How did it affect the family on the trip?
8. How did people deal with asthma at the time that Teedie lived? What did the family use to try to control or stop the attacks?
9. What did Theodore do while the family was still abroad?
10. What was Theodore, Sr. like? Describe his personality and interests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Theodore's time at Harvard transform him? What was he like before? What changes happened to him at Harvard? Do you think the changes were good ones? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the events and activities of the Republican National Conventions that Theodore Sr. and Theodore Jr. participated in. How did the father and son respond to the conventions and the nominees? Include specific information from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Theodore, Sr. was a good leader for the family? Why or why not? What qualities did he have that either made him a good leader or kept him from being one? Give specific examples from the book to back up your answers.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)