|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Theodore spend to buy 450 head of cattle?
2. After Elliott, who reached the house first to learn of Mittie and Alice?
(d) Aunt Anna
3. How old was Theodore on his wedding day?
4. What was Theodore's annual income from the inheritance?
5. Mittie introduced Alice to what?
(a) New York society
(b) European travel
(d) Georgia plantations
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Theodore and Alice build a house?
2. Who mattered most to Bamie?
3. During the first two years of Theodore's time in the Assembly, how much time did he spend in Albany?
4. Who was named as the running mate for the Presidential nominee?
5. Where did Elliott go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Theodore get involved in politics? Who supported this? Who did not?
2. What did Theodore do in the West? How did his business there end?
3. What changes took place in the Roosevelt family in the months following the wedding?
4. What did Theodore blame Harvard for? Why?
5. Where did Elliott go? What did he do while there? How did he learn of the family news?
6. What activities does Theodore become involved with in Chapter 13? What activities does he begin to give up?
7. Compare and contrast Elliott and Theodore in the events of Chapter 11. How are they similar or different?
8. What challenges were present in Theodore and Alice's engagement? How did they overcome these challenges?
9. What did Elliott do after he returned to New York from India? Where did he stay? Who did he meet?
10. What news reaches the family through telegrams? Who is first to reach the house?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)