|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Theodore lose in the West?
(d) He had no losses.
2. Who did Theodore become engaged to?
(a) Betsy Gemna
(b) Abigail Long
(c) Edith Carow
(d) Sarah Hunt
3. What did Theodore keep at Harvard that few could afford to?
(a) A chef
(b) A car
(c) A horse
(d) A tutor
4. After Mittie died, how many more hours did Alice linger until she died?
5. How old was Theodore on his wedding day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Theodore judged a third of the members of the Assembly to be what?
2. Who received the nomination for President?
3. Where was Theodore's wedding held?
4. During Theodore's junior year, he found himself as what?
5. What was Alice diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Theodore and Alice meet?
2. What happens to Mittie and Alice? What are they ill with?
3. What changes took place after Elliott's return for Theodore and Alice?
4. What was the Cigar Bill? How was Theodore involved with this bill?
5. What influence did his father have on Theodore's life while he was at Harvard?
6. What post was Theodore nominated for? What happened? Who did he become engaged to? Why was the family taken back by this?
7. What did Theodore blame Harvard for? Why?
8. What did Elliott do after he returned to New York from India? Where did he stay? Who did he meet?
9. What activities does Theodore become involved with in Chapter 13? What activities does he begin to give up?
10. How does Theodore react to Alice's death? What decisions are made in the family?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)