|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Theodore when he took office?
2. After Elliott, who reached the house first to learn of Mittie and Alice?
(a) Aunt Anna
3. Where did Elliott go?
4. Where was Theodore and Alice's house located?
(a) Marigold Lane
(b) North 2nd Street
(c) Main Avenue
(d) West 45th Street
5. What office was Theodore asked to run for?
(a) Governor of New York
(b) Ambassador to England
(c) Mayor of New York
(d) Secretary of State
Short Answer Questions
1. What club did Elliott and Theodore start?
2. Where was Theodore's wedding held?
3. The Republican National Convention was held in Chicago in what year?
4. What did Marquis de Mores build on the plains?
5. What was Alice diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Theodore's last two years at Harvard different from the first two? How were they similar?
2. How does Theodore react to Alice's death? What decisions are made in the family?
3. What news reaches the family through telegrams? Who is first to reach the house?
4. What post was Theodore nominated for? What happened? Who did he become engaged to? Why was the family taken back by this?
5. How did Theodore get involved in politics? Who supported this? Who did not?
6. What activities does Theodore become involved with in Chapter 13? What activities does he begin to give up?
7. What challenges were present in Theodore and Alice's relationship? How did Theodore overcome these?
8. What was Harvard like at the time that Theodore was attending?
9. What was Bamie's role in the family? Give examples from the book/chapter.
10. What did Theodore do in the West? How did his business there end?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)