|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Theodore when he first met Mittie?
2. Who died in October 1864?
(b) Aunt Anna
(c) Mrs. Bulloch
3. What did Teedie keep during the trip?
(a) A promise not to lie
(b) A pet cat
(c) Quiet at night
(d) A diary
4. The house's piazza was used as what?
(a) A parlor
(b) A playroom
(c) A kitchen
(d) A wine cellar
5. Which of the following did the boys climb?
(a) Mount Oread
(b) Mount Grant
(c) Mount McKinley
(d) Mount Lafayette
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the family greeted by in Europe?
2. How long did the Roosevelt family plan to be in Europe?
3. Who had been the leading candidate for the nomination?
4. In what year did the family leave for its European vacation?
5. How many children lived in the Roosevelt house in 1869?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Theodore, Sr. become involved in the politics in New York?
2. How does asthma affect other family members? How did it affect the Roosevelt family?
3. What was Theodore, Sr. like? Describe his personality and interests?
4. How did the Civil War create tension in the family?
5. What illness did Teedie suffer from? How did it affect the family on the trip?
6. What were the four Roosevelt children like? Briefly describe each child. What was their life like?
7. Who was a part of the Roosevelt household in 1869? Include non-family members in your answer.
8. Where did the family go in the summer of 1871 and 1872? What did they do while they were there?
9. What was the trip like for the family? Where did they go?
10. What did Theodore do at the convention? What was the outcome?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)