|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Theodore feel about his rejection by the confirmation committee?
2. Who remained in Paris when the family left?
3. In what year did Mittie and Theodore marry?
4. Teedie's attacks often came after what?
(a) Being separated from Mittie
(b) Extreme happiness
(c) A day of melancholy
(d) A day of hiking
5. Bamie was ill with what disease?
(d) Pott's disease
Short Answer Questions
1. Asthma has been described as a cry for who?
2. Theodore found Conkling to be what?
3. Who found Theodore charming and included him in her circle?
4. What illness did Teedie suffer from?
5. Where did Teedie go with his father when his asthma acted up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Theodore after the failed nomination?
2. How did the Civil War create tension in the family?
3. How did Theodore, Sr. become involved in the politics in New York?
4. Why didn't Theodore go to war? How did he get out of serving? How did he feel about this?
5. Where did Theodore stay while at Harvard? What was included in letters home to family members?
6. What was Teedie like when he entered Harvard? What did he look like?
7. What pattern did Teedie's attacks generally fall into? What might he have gained by this pattern?
8. What was the Republican Reform Club interested in doing? How did Theodore feel about this?
9. How did Theodore try to help Teedie with his asthma? Did the plan work?
10. What was Mittie's life like before she married Theodore? Where did she grow up? How did she meet Theodore?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)