|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was under construction on the west side of Central Park?
(a) American Museum of Natural History
(b) National Institute of Art
(c) American Insitute of Modern Art
(d) National Museum of American History
2. Who died in 1871?
(b) Cornelius Van Schaack Roosevelt
(d) Mittie Roosevelt
3. How many different hotels did the family stay in?
4. Teedie attended which university?
(a) Georgetown University
(b) Yale University
(c) Harvard University
(d) Boston University
5. How did Theodore avoid fighting in the Civil War?
(a) He shot himself in the foot
(b) He hired a substitute
(c) He fled to Canada
(d) His Diabetes kept him from serving
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the nomination at the convention?
2. Who was the New York Reform Club's candidate?
3. What type of business did James and Irvine have?
4. How did Theodore feel about his rejection by the confirmation committee?
5. How tall was Teedie at the age of 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did people deal with asthma at the time that Teedie lived? What did the family use to try to control or stop the attacks?
2. What was the Roosevelt house like? Describe what the house included and what it looked like.
3. Where did Theodore stay while at Harvard? What was included in letters home to family members?
4. How did the Civil War create tension in the family?
5. What was the Republican Reform Club interested in doing? How did Theodore feel about this?
6. What pattern did Teedie's attacks generally fall into? What might he have gained by this pattern?
7. Who was a part of the Roosevelt household in 1869? Include non-family members in your answer.
8. What did Teedie keep during the trip? How did he feel about the trip? Who remained in Europe after the family left for home?
9. How did Theodore try to help Teedie with his asthma? Did the plan work?
10. Where did the best times for the family occur? What made this the place of the best times?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)