|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the boys climb?
(a) Mount Lafayette
(b) Mount Oread
(c) Mount McKinley
(d) Mount Grant
2. What decision did Theodore regret to his dying day?
(a) Marrying Mittie
(b) Leaving his family
(c) Not fighting in the war
(d) Traveling to Europe
3. The Bullochs were from what state?
(b) New York
4. What was Theodore Sr.'s true vocation?
(b) Charity work
5. What did the family put on the back piazza?
(a) An art studio
(b) Weight equipment
(c) Teedie's animal specimens
(d) A bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the family arrive in Paris?
2. Theodore, Sr. was appointed to what post?
3. With asthmatic children, what do parents anticipate?
4. What word best describes Teedie at the age of ten?
5. What treatment in Teedie's childhood is closest to modern drugs for asthma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pattern did Teedie's attacks generally fall into? What might he have gained by this pattern?
2. Why didn't Theodore go to war? How did he get out of serving? How did he feel about this?
3. What was Mittie's life like before she married Theodore? Where did she grow up? How did she meet Theodore?
4. Who was a part of the Roosevelt household in 1869? Include non-family members in your answer.
5. What trip did the family leave on? Where did they go first? Why did they go there?
6. What was the Republican Reform Club interested in doing? How did Theodore feel about this?
7. Where did Theodore stay while at Harvard? What was included in letters home to family members?
8. What nomination was Theodore given? How did he feel about this? What prevented his appointment?
9. What did Theodore do while the family was still abroad?
10. What was the new house like? Why did the family move into it before it was finished?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)